“Good option for Disneyland Trip”

Best Western Plus Raffles Inn & Suites
Ranked #36 of 119 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed 30 August 2014

This hotel is a good economical option for a family trip to Disneyland area. Clean rooms and decent breakfast. The hotel staff are very helpful, but they don't respond well to "off script" issues (ex: our smoke detector started chirping, so they came to the room and removed it--we were without a detector for two days. Probably not the best solution). Generally we were pleased with the accommodations.

Hotel is close to Disneyland but not really walkable. Used the ART shuttle system to get to park--one of their stops is right next to the hotel. Only complaint is that the shuttle service got less and less reliable as the week went on. Pick up times went from every 15-20 minutes to 30 and event 50 minutes between cycles. not the hotels' fault, but something to know if you stay here.

Room Tip: When the hotel is fully booked--some of the cars must be stack-parked by valets. Not an issue durin...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,206)

Reviewed 29 August 2014

Stayed here for a family trip to Disneyland and were relatively happy with the hotel. There a couple of minor issues that if resolved would make it a great place to stay. The location is walkable to the park but after a long day the ART is a must to get back. We had booked the 2 room kids suite which was as described on their website, my only complaint was the overly noisy Air conditioner which made sleeping difficult in the hot weather we experienced, it is VERY noisy, also there was a foul odour emanating from the bathroom sink which disappeared quickly enough with running water, the $14 a day parking levy I also felt was a little steep considering other hotels in the area do not charge it and am still trying to understand what the charge actually covered.

The beds in the front section of the suite were super comfortable, the tv's had a variety of channels to choose from. The breakfast served in the mornings was fantastic, lots of variety and replenished frequently, my only complaint, and it's not a complaint specifically about this hotel but the USA in general, is the coffee is simply awful!! We are travelling the US and am yet to get a decent coffee in any hotel.

Overall was a good stay, it's a no frills hotel that does the job. If you're looking for a resort experience then this is not the hotel for you

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 August 2014

We recently stayed at the BW Raffles Inn and we LOVED it! I had read the reviews on this site. They were mixed reviews. I also did research else where, but no one really had good things to say about this property. So, I was very nervous about staying at this property. It was such a great experience, I can't wait to stay there again. We are Disneyland veteran's and we go a lot. We have stayed at a lot of hotels around the resort area. This is far the BEST one! It was clean, updated, and very spacious. We stayed in a 2 bedroom suite. We had so much room for our family. The daily breakfast was a HOT breakfast. That's pretty much unheard of around Disneyland! It was well stocked everyday. Plenty of room to sit inside or out. The staff was so accommodating and very friendly.Everyone! I just can't say enough good about this property!

Negatives - there are very few: the distance from Disneyland. Yes it is far, but we knew that going into it. So, we planned accordingly. There is major construction right next door. It looks to be in the early stages and could go on for a very long time. It was very loud and we heard it every morning. Even on the weekends. We were usually up and getting ready to head to the park. But there were a few mornings that it did wake us up. This is something that the hotel can't really do anything about. It is out of there hands. I even spoke to the front desk about it. I was told that they did try to get the construction company to start later in the mornings. But, they said no. My last negative would be the pool and it's a very little negative. The pool itself could use a little TLC. It's pretty old and has not been worked on for awhile. The pool size is really nice. The lounge chairs and tables looked fairly new. But the pool itself could use a little work.

Overall, give this great hotel a chance.

1  Thank disneyfan4ever
Reviewed 26 August 2014

This is my first time staying at BW. We opted for this hotel for the bunk bed my children wants to sleep in. Marriott Courtyard who also have bunked didn't have available room that day. BW family room has 2 toilets that don't flush. Oh…wait..yes, it did flush after the maintenance guy came to show us how to press the toilet knob as mighty as we could in order for it to work..lol. There was a bunch of sand in the bath tub. Carpet rug extremely dirty. Door between the other room does not close due to couch thats blocking it ): Coffee maker along with cups and condiments are 3-4 inches off the dirty floor under the bathroom sink…I find that insanely unhealthy and unsanitary. I don't get it why it's placed down there. I don't know maybe this is what BW supposed to be. That would be my first and last stay!

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank gwapagirl40
Reviewed 26 August 2014

I had a family suite-lots of space, clean for a good price. There were bunk beds and an on-suite full bathroom in one room. In the main room there were 2 queen beds and another full bathroom, plus a table. Excellent price for a spacious room.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Thank you, Raffles, for providing our seven member family with a room that we could all fit in!

Our family (5 adults and 2 kids) spent five nights at this location during the first part of August. We were in Anaheim for Disneyland, and chose this hotel, out of fifteen others, for its location and ability to fit us all in one room. We would probably stay here again.

The hotel room was nothing fancy (I've stayed in other mid-class hotels that were nicer), but we were comfortable. Our "suite" had two queen beds were in one room, and a sofa bed and bunk beds were in the other. Each room had its own bathroom, closet, and TV. I had no trouble sleeping on the queen, but we were all pretty exhausted from walking around Disney.

The free breakfast was also a big incentive for us. This hotel had a breakfast room separate from the lobby, and offered: eggs, sausage, potatoes, pancakes, waffles, cereals, fruit, pastries, juice, etc. I would have liked to see some bagels, but there were plenty of other choices to keep guests happy.

Proximity to Disneyland. When we selected this hotel we thought we were getting within walking distance of Disney. In my opinion, that is not the case. Never fear, though. ART tickets are sold at the desk, or you can walk next door and take the Free shuttle from the Toy Story parking lot. We did this almost everyday and it was fabulous; almost zero wait time. Be advised that the Toy Story Shuttle plan will not work on Magic Mornings as they don't start running until 8:00AM.

Overall. If you don't need a room that fits seven people, I'd opt for something closer to Disney. It didn't take us long to get from our hotel to the gates (maybe 15 minutes), and there was nothing downright wrong with the place, but I would get closer if I could.
If Disneyland isn't the purpose of your trip, than book away.

2  Thank hisreputation
Reviewed 21 August 2014

We booked our room through my fiances' work discount. They were oversold in our room type but upgraded us to a "suite" that was right next to the laundry room which was REALLY loud and uncomfortable. Besides the fact that we got a crappy "upgrade" I check my credit card and saw that I had been charged for the peoples' room that we traveled with. I specifically told the front desk agent (James) to ONLY authorize incidentals for them but once I checked my credit card statement they charged 1 nights' room and tax. WHY would that happen? So I called back and spoke to another front desk agent (Maria) and she informed me that the person whose room I paid for needs to write a letter stating to refund MY card for their charge. First of all I did not authorize room and tax just incidentals and I am the card owner who is disputing this charge. If you stay here please make sure they understand what you are telling them for billing because they seem so confused.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends