“The place only gets better with each stay.”

Best Western Plus Stovall's Inn
Ranked #26 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Calgary, Canada
“The place only gets better with each stay.”
Reviewed 27 July 2011

This October will be my third stay at the Stovalls. Last year was ten days and the first year was five days. This year it is 15 days.

Last year the breakfast was improved. There was hot and cold food. Pancakes, waffles, eggs, sausage gravy and biscuits, fresh fruit, juices, toast, pastries, coffee and tea etc. The hit food was alternated daily to avoid boredom. We ate breakfast there every morning. They didn't run out of food this year once while we were there. The room was clean and in order. My belongings were safe in the room, the staff was very friendly. I hope Kayla is still there. I think that is her name.

The pools are maintained and we used the laundry facility this time which was very convenient. The wifi was not slow and the water pressure was good. The beds are so comfortable and it was quiet while we slept. The fireworks from the balcony is a bonus.

Lack of breakfast stock was my only complaint but it appears they have remedied that. Paying for parking doesn't bring me great joy but the place is great.

Still a happy customer and ibexpect to be in a few months again. Thanks Stovalls for aiding our family in having a memorable Disney vacation every year!!

• Stayed October 2010
1 Thank CPortelance

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (316)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 20 July 2011

When I was looking for a hotel I was looking for something clean, close to disney, with breakfast and not too pricey, but definately did not want a trashy hotel. After months of researching reviews and hotels I settled on this one...our whole family was very happy with our choice!

ROOMS
Clean and roomy. They were recently renovated. Have microwave, AC, mini fridge, blow dryer, iron board etc.. We had a room on the 3rd floor facing disney and were able to watch the fireworks right from the balcony...and with tired kids it was a real treat!! loved the free wifi!
There is no bell hop but they give you a luggage cart for you to move your luggage.

The rooms were cleaned daily and we were happy with the friendly service from staff and housekeeping. The front desk staff seemed a little newer and could answer only the local information so they referred me to the gift shop person who was able to get me the information i was looking for.

POOL
the pool was our favorite thing. after a long day of walkign in the heat was really worth it. There is 2 pools and 2 hot tubs. It was never packed when we went whether it was evening or mid day. The hotel was sold out for the week we were here. Sometime the hotel didn't have enough towels by the pool...we brought from our room just in case.

MEALS
There is a continental breakfast 6:30 to 9:30am, they serve cereal(fruitloops, rasion bran, honey oats, oatmeal), pancakes/or frenchtoast, biscuits wit gravy, apples, oranges, donuts/oter pastries, hard boiled eggs, orangejuice/apple juice, toast, coffee, milk. We were ok with the options, i would have liked more healthy alternatives. The hotel was booked solid while we were here which made the breakfast room crazy busy between 8 and 9:30. There is a dennys downt he street, or our favovorite (cocos). It was something good and quick for a family to get up and go in the morning. Although I would have preferred some muffins and more healthier options my family was ok with it.

There is an italian restaurant that is quite good named marnis down a couple blocks, and about 10 to 15 min is pfchangs, buba gumps, subways, etc...We also liked tiffy for a nightly ice cream treat.
We also liked to go by disneyland as they had a jumba juice there and a bunch of restaurants. Mos tof this is walking distance. There is shuttles available right infront of the hotel.

TIPS
Universal - get the front of the line pass. it is a little priocey but so worth it. we never waited in line, were let in first to pick the best seats and after being at disney you really appreciate it.

Disney
You can take short walks about 10 min and cut throug te grand california disney to both disneyland and californai adventure. before goign to california adventure make sure you have your passes. If you buy hopper passes you will get an early riser entry from 7 to 8 am...trust me if you get this use it to get on the high volume rides like Start Tours...if you are not there by 12 you maynot get on till 7 with the fast pass.

TRANSPORTATION
Highly recomment the Disneyland express bus transportation to and from the hotel. Staff is friendly and fun. They provided a few laughs for the trip from the aiport to the hotel.

There is a regular bus to disney right out in front of the hotel. I cant comment on that as we talked the whole trip.

Their is a shuttle "Citadel" that takes you directly to the outlet mall. there is scheduled pickup and drop offs. cost is $14 a person return trip, kids under (i think 13) are free. The pickup is a block down from the hotel.

We booked another shuttle service to seaworld and universal with Greyline. We really enjoyed this service and its cheaper then a cab. They pick you up at your hotel and drop you off. they take you through the traffic quicker to ge to your destination. the downlside is you feel a little rushed making sure you make the pickup times. But we also felt that helped us be choosey in what we did for rides/shows."
Although renting a car would have been alot more cost effective we decided to spend a little more for less stress, getting there, parking, rental and returning rental etc... The hotel did say they have a disount with alamo down the street.

All and all I really was happy with the hotel, its not pricey (I paid $75/night on travelocity) but the direct cost was $199. If you want a hotel that has everything without all the bells and whistles and close to disney this hotel was great and perfect for our family of 4. We just couldnt beat the cost and location. Definately would recommend and would be back again!

Room Tip: Ask for the 3rd floor balcony facing fireworks
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
10 Thank jjklharris
Campinas, SP
Reviewed 19 July 2011

I stayed in this hotel on February/2011 for a whole week. Room was clean and also the bathroom, room with good size with 2 beds. Absolutely great location if you want to go do Disney, just across the street. Complimentary breakfast was very good with fruit, kinds of bread, cereals and other stuffs. The surprise was about the parking that was not free ($8 dollars per day), not expensive but was a negative point just because we were not informed about it.
Wireless connection in the room. They have microwave and refrigerator inside the room, very good amenities. I'd recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank chb1081
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Reviewed 17 July 2011

This was a great palce to stay when visiting Disneyland. This is not what you would expect from a "Motel". Rooms were clean, updated and very nice. Microwave and refrig. in room were a plus. Easy walking distance to park. Could use some more chairs at pool but otherwise great place for the price.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 July 2011

We were expecting a much more simple room than what we ended up with - we had a massive King sized bed which was really comfortable, and a nice bathroom with good shower pressure. The bathroom sink was in the bedroom and had a fridge so doubled as a kitchen which was a bit weird - but we had a microwave and a fridge which was helpful!

The air con unit in the room was pretty noisy and not too great at cooling the room - we were there in June and it was relatively warm but not really hot - so it would probably be worse in the middle of summer.

The room was quiet at night, but there wasn't a lot of soundproofing so we could hear people running along the balcony outside and in the room next door - but if you are just staying there to go to disneyland then you will be up early anyway and it won't be an issue.

Don't bother with breakfast unless you are desperate! - pretty nasty - typical 'american' breakfast that looks like it has been sitting there for a few weeks - and they finish serving at 9.30 sharp - if you are not in there the door gets closed and you are locked out.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 July 2011

Started off my stay at Stovall's arriving late, thanks to Delta, not at all the fault of Stovall's. I knew they charged for parking but was unprepared for what awaited me, arriving at 3:30 AM Atlanta time after having spent a full day at work and arising at 5:30 AM, Atlanta time.

Found out that Stovall's oversells their parking spaces when I drove through the gates and found a number of cars pacing through the lot trying to find an empty spot. Finally parked illegally and went in and advised the desk clerk, who was not at all concerned.

Got into the room and slept a couple of hours before arising for my meeting at 7:30 AM on Saturday. Found no water in the tub/shower and reported the problem to the front desk. Returned at the end of the day to find the problem hadn't been fixed. When I reported again to the front desk, maintenance arrived immediately and showed me how to operate the valve. My bad but it's not immediately obvious on how to get water out of the faucet. The valve looks like many but instead of turning it you must pull it. The maintenance folks said this happens frequently but my suggestion to install a sign to save both them from guests as well as the anguish of the guest fell on deaf ears.

My attempts to get some resolution out of the hotel yielded an attempt to buy me off with some reward points. My response that I am not interested in self-reward but rather action that will prevent the same experience for future guests has fallen on deaf ears both at Stovall's and at Best Western. My suggestion that the recent tiering of Best Western properties (Best Western, Best Western Plus, and Best Western Premier deserves an additional category for Stovall's (Best Western Minus) did not go over well.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank bk30253_bills
mrkukusa, General Manager at Best Western Plus Stovall's Inn, responded to this review, 11 July 2011
Thank you for taking the time to post your review and I appreciate the feedback. As for the claim of overselling the parking lot, we do not actively oversell our parking lot. Due to our location and our proximity to Disneyland and the convention center, we may experience limited parking availability during our peak summer months as some guests may bring multiple cars during their stay. For this inconvenience, my front desk manager offered Reward Points or a return visit at a discounted rate which was declined by the guest. This good faith gesture was not an attempt to buy the guest off but rather compensate the guest for the inconvenience he encountered during his stay. As for possible resolutions to dissuade future guests from bringing multiple cars, ownership has decided against penalizing guests with multiple cars. Rather than charge higher fees for multiple cars, the decision to charge a flat fee for all vehicles has been implemented since March of 2010.

Regarding the second issue involving the shower faucet, a front desk supervisor personally assisted the guest and demonstrated how to access the water in the shower. Please know I will research the issue involving the shower faucet and inquire about the feasibility of having signs made for future guests explaining how to use the faucets in the bathroom.

In closing, the guest was contacted on two separate occasions via email. I personally responded to the guest as well as our front desk manager. We take great pride in our customer service and strive to exceed our guest's expectations.
Surrey, Canada
Reviewed 5 July 2011

We stayed at bestwestern Stovall in Anahiem for 5days and have no complaints whats so ever the room was excellent and very modern and clean the breakfast was great!!! more than what i had expected than coffee and muffins! i have only one complaint that there was no in room safe, but that wasnt a big concern. the staff was polite and helpfull.
and parking for our car was secure and gated ! nice! i would go back again to this hotel and it is priced at cheap rates too!!! wow!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family