“Great Location to Disneyland !”

Best Western Plus Stovall's Inn
Ranked #24 of 119 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed 11 November 2011

My Husband and I and our 11 Year Old Son stayed at the Best Western Plus Stovalls Inn for 14 nights from October 23 , 2011 !

Our Hotel room was nice and clean and was roomy for the 3 of us, the bathroom was a good size and the shower head was a massaging head . It was good having the vanity basin in the main room instead of in the bathroom as it was quicker to get ready each day .

The Breakfast was good, but some of it was so unhealthy as they had chocolate doughnuts and doughnuts with icing sugar on them as well as pastries, I did`nt eat them as they were so gross and tasted like preservatives - and I am not a fussy eater ! They also had 3 types of cereals and milk, orange juice, coffee, Tea , Hot chocolate, Toast, Fresh Apples, Oranges and they would have on alternate days "Pancakes" or " French Toast " as well as Biscuits and gravy (Biscuits and gravy seemed to be served daily ) , they had hard boiled eggs too . The Breakfast room was clean and homely .

Our Hotel was close to Disneyland Park . It would take about 10 mins to walk to Disneyland Park and each time we would cut through the Grand Californian Hotel Lobby which would get us to Downtown Disney and through there to Disneyland or to California Adventure ! The walk through the Grand Californian Hotel was amazing in itself, it is so nicely made and has so much detail , it was an experience in itself and we went to the Gift Shop in the Grand California Hotel too .

We found that the Office staff at Stovalls Inn , were not always very friendly , but we found the House keeping staff and people who did the Gardens etc were friendly .

The Hotel Laundry was out of action for 1 week of our stay, which was a nuisence, but could not be helped , and instead we went to a laundromat which was a 15 min walk at the most down the road from the Hotel , that was an eye opener in itself for us , as we had never been to a Laundromat in the USA before !

The Hotel was close to Cocos and we would often eat there or at Tiffys which is over the Road from Cocos .On our last 2 mornings we had breakfast also at Cocos as we got up later , there were no tables left in the Stovalls Inn breakfast room, and we had after 2 weeks, had enough of the breakfast at the Hotel . Cocos was great for eating at as you could buy soft drinks for $1.00 and they would give you free refills . In NZ you so don`t get that in restaurants , so it was a great bonus for us ! LOL

We swam in the pools and they were nice and clean and had lots of towels . We had "a look " in the Gym and it looked good too , in there . They had a water filter machine in there , so if you want to get some water which is cold and pure before going to the parks,without paying for it, then the gym is a good place to get it !

The Hotel was in a great location for being picked up for Greyline Tours as we seemed to be the first Hotel which was stopped at for the collection of people , so you did`nt end up missing out on a seat or having to sit by someone you did`nt know if need be !

The Hotel doesnt supply Shower Gel/ Body Wash in the bathroom, so its a good idea to buy it if you use it before you go, as we found the closest shop about 15 mins walk away ( we did`nt know of a closer one ), and then they charged more for shower gel than we would pay here for it . They did supply soap and body lotion in the bathrooms .

We had a room which faced the side of Disneyland , and at night we saw the fireworks ! It was AWESOME !!!!!

We were on the third floor which we had asked for as I find them quieter . I thanked the receptionist for giving us such a Great room in an Awesome position .

We had a great Stay and I would definatly recommend staying at this Hotel to people and I would stay there again , as the rooms were nice and clean, the position is Great to Disneyland, the free breakfast saves money and is convenient . The pools are nice and the topiary gardens were cute !

If you are going to stay at the Stovalls Inn and are arriving in the early morning like we did, I would recommend you book a night prior to your arrival as we were soooo tired, after a 16 hour flight and our room was not ready the day we arrived until 3.00pm (we arrived at the Hotel at 9.30am ) ! So if I went again I would definatly book a night prior , its worth it even if you don`t sleep that night there .

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the third floor facing Disneyland . These rooms have views of the Fireworks at nig...
2  Thank Minnie33
Write a ReviewReviews (2,677)

Reviewed 11 November 2011

We stayed at several hotels in the Disney area, but this was the cheapest but certainly good hotel in walking distance. You just cross the street and Disney's back parking lot to find yourself in the midst of downtown Disney after a five minutes walk. You can leave your car in front of the hotel which had more than plenty available free parking spaces. We had a nice room on the top floor which makes sure that you are not bothered by walking noises from people above you. The room was large enough and clean. Air conditioner was a bit noisy but it was cool enought outside to leave it off. Staff at the reception were friendly and efficient. A Denny's and small market are right next door. Definitely a place to consider.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the top floor to avoid walking noises.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 November 2011

I usually love this hotel and go there every year for my Disneyland vacation. They give me the same room every year and the customer service is usually excellent.

This year the frustration started when trying to book in with Bookit. Bookit had the hotel closed until December in their system. It took me two months to have it figured out between the hotel and Bookit.

The hotel was filled up on the 22nd of October, the first night of my 15 day stay. I had to book at another hotel for my trip. I had my heart again set on the Stovalls so I called numerous times to see if they had any cancellations and they did. I called bookit and cancelled my hotel portion of my trip and paid the extra to have them book me into the Stovalls. The hotel portion became non refundable at this point.

They couldn't book me in for the 22nd so I had to call and book myself in for that night. I spoke to a supervisor there and he was less than personable. He gave me a rate for the night that was twice the price of my rate by bookit even though he knew I was staying for 14 more days past my first night. When I asked if I could have the same room I usually do, he said he would put a note on but it was unlikely I would receive the same room as they do not hold rooms.

Being a consistent guest I received free parking last year which was so very nice. I asked if he could accommodate that this year. He said if he gave it to me he would have to give it to everyone so that wouldn't be happening. I was a little put out by that since I did push to stay there, making it possible for the error with Bookit to be noticed. They certainly don't owe me anything, but being in the customer service industry I personally would have offered something.

I was not happy that our favorite pool was closed for most of our stay as we found out when we got there. We came back early from the beach one day to do our laundry. When we entered our room we had a note letting guests know that the laundry was closed. Apparently it was closed for two days before the note was written and it ended up being closed for the remainder of our trip. We went for breakfast one morning to find our vehicle was surrounded by caution tape as were our stairs. We had to phone the front desk to find out what was going on and found out we had to move our vehicle somewhere else.

It is great to see them keeping up the place, but the lack of communication was my issue. I would have preferred to know these things before they happened so my time wouldn't have been wasted.

Housekeeping was once again amazing. The room was spotless and I was very pleased with the way housekeeping set up my son's stuffies on his bed after he made it. He was so happy with it.

I had someone knocking on my door in the middle of the night many times. Security did handle that quickly which I was grateful for. Sleep was rather limited thought this trip. When the pool was being renovated, the workers were using the breakfast room which was right below our room. The banging kept me awake and it went on quite late. I was not happy.

When I finally got fed up with it all, I let the front desk know and they offered me half off my parking. She said the can only give half off as a maximum now. When I checked out they didn't have any record of that, and she expected me to remember the name of the person that offered it and to tell her what it was for. I really didn't care about the discount and left.

For me it isn't about money, but appreciation on both of our parts. Appreciation for me in receiving great customer service. Appreciation from them in having a loyal client.

I am not sure if there has been a change in management but I see a difference in the attitude of the staff there. I am a very accommodating, grateful and patient person. For me to be unhappy enough to go somewhere else says a great deal. I will spend some time searching for a new hotel to stay at for my Disneyland vacations.

Reviewed 6 November 2011

Stayed at Stovall's Inn for 9 nights from 24 October with my daughter who uses a wheelchair. We found the rooms very spacious and well appointed. The bathroom was also spacious and the showers excellent. The reception staff, breakfast room staff and maids were all very friendly and helpful. We thoroughly enjoyed the breakfasts, there was plenty of choice including delicious pastries!!! We booked Super Shuttle for our transfers from LAX and found their service was also excellent. They dropped us off and picked us up at the door plus they are cheaper than the Disneyland Express, which as the previous reviewer guynwdm discovered, drops you off a little way off. The hotel is a short 15 minute walk from the park entrances. I would definitely stay at this hotel again, in my opinion it provided excellent value for money without any compromise on quality.

Room Tip: We had a ground floor room which worked out extremely well with wheelchair but there are lifts. The...
Reviewed 1 November 2011

While the hotel is close to the parks, I will never stay here again. Air conditioning was poor and noisy. Internet extremely slow. The shuttle from the airport (Orange County) did not stop at hotel and you have to get dropped off about half a block away to get there. The breakfast was supposed to have some hot options but mostly it was soggy (over microwaved) french toast sticks or luke warm gravy (where the sausage was in the gravy, I have no idea). There was supposed to be no fee for parking but we were charged that as well.

The worst part of the stay there was that the maid left the room open after cleaning it. Nothing was stolen and if I had not returned mid day to find this, who knows how long it would have been left open. After the front desk blaming me for leaving it open and having to convince them, they partially compensated the room. We were told they could do nothing else without the approval of the General Manager. We were given the number to call the GM ourselves (no offer on their part). The GM never returned the call. After filling out their hotel survey,I received an email from the GM stating they were sorry but they had not been informed of the problem. I responded again with the date and time of the call that was not returned. Again no response.

This hotel is so poorly managed I will never stay there again. There are plenty of other choices in hotels just as close with better service and at the same price. This is definitely a place to avoid if you value service and security.

Room Tip: Beware of hidden fees. Parking was listed as free and it was not free.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank guynwdm
mrkukusa, Public Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Stovall's Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2011

Thank you for letting us know about your experience her with us. The Super Shuttle and Disney Express do drop you off at our property. I’m not sure what shuttle was taken. We are adding more items to our breakfast on the beginning of the year. I do apologize if the door was left open. We have spoken to the staff to make sure they double check the doors. We hope you give us another opportunity to serve you. Thank you and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 31 October 2011

We decided at the last minute to take a weekend trip to Disneyland. With only a couple of hours to plan and find a place to stay, I turned to Tripadvisor for reviews when the hotel I usually stay at came up as not avaiable. After reading about the free breakfast and recently remodeled rooms I looked into the price and found it to be one of the lowest. While this made me nervous, I didn't have time to be picky! We arrived at Stovall's at 1:30 in the morning and didn't have a reservation until the next day. (We thought we'd stop someplace else along the way.) The hotel clerk was so helpful and not only was able to check us into our room for an extra night, he was able to give us a cheaper rate for all three nights than I had booked online! He asked which floor we would like to stay on. I never get this choice! We were very happy to find the newly remodled room to be clean and comfortable. The beds were especially great! Our room had a microwave and fridge, and each morning we enjoyed the free hot breakfast. We were disappointed that we did not have time to swim in one of the two pools or sit in the hot tub, but we were trying to spend as much time as possible in the parks. We walked each day to the parks and one day my daughter even counted: 669 steps from our hotel to the Grand Californian, which we then cut through to get to Downtown Disney and into the parks. What a bargain! I've already told several friends that if they do not want to stay at a Disney hotel they should check this out.

3  Thank Myswede

Let me start by thanking you for your review. I’m very pleased that you had a great time here. Maybe next time you can enjoy our pools and sit in our hot tub. I’m pleased to hear that we were able to accommodate you on a very early arrival and a great rate. We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 28 October 2011

We stayed a week in October hoping the weather would be milder and the parks less crowded. Unfortunately for us, it was both hot and crowded pretty much every day. Overall we had a decent stay at this hotel.
We had just a few minor issues. 1. I had called ahead about a possible early check-in which seemed to not be any trouble, but upon arrival it was not available and we ended up having to burn a few hours - challenging after travelling all morning. 2. Took us a couple days to coordinate with housekeeping about a cleaning schedule that fit ours, but wasn't a big problem. 3. We decided to hit the pool/hot tub our final morning and when we went there a gentleman was cleaning (and smoking) and told us it wasn't open yet. We pointed out that the sign said 9am and it was currently quarter after. He let us in and just asked that we use the far end since he was cleaning the deck with acid. Still got to swim, wasn't a big issue.

Otherwise, we had a pretty good stay here. One half day we visited the park, our door somehow didn't shut all the way...a little scary when we returned mid-day but thankfully nothing was touched inside. The walk through grand californian to the park is not bad, but gets tiring after several days. The beds were a little high for our little ones but overall we liked the beds and the pillows for comfort, the decor was relatively modern. We used the fridge regularly. We actually liked the loud AC unit as our kids sleep better with the white noise. We hit up Coco's next door a few times, it was pretty good. There is a little mini-mart about a 3-minute walk down the road away from the park which was good for picking up grocery type items, we also went to the Italian place in that same complex once to mix it up from park food. Overall, I would say it's a decent play to stay for Disney visiting, be prepared for a fair amount of walking especially if you need mid-day naps. Breakfast was fine, and staff was accommodating and friendly in our interactions.

1  Thank fazer42