“Family Disneyland Vacation”

Best Western Plus Stovall's Inn
Ranked #23 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed 17 September 2012

We stayed for 3 nights in early July, we booked three rooms and all were quite comfortable. It is in easy walking distance to Disneyland/California Park and Downtown Disney. Also the shuttle is straight out front for weary legs. There are heaps of restaurants within easy walking distance. I would recommend this for a family wanting value for money and really really comfortable beds and a decent shower. The breakfast buffet was Ok, its not 5 star but for $80/night for 3people certainly what I expected...you could get fresh fruit and yoghurt, probably just a wide range of hot food.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank kateoconnor
StovallsManager, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Stovall's Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2012

Let me start by thanking you for taking your time on letting us know about your stay. I’m glad that you had a great time at the parks. We are a 10-15 min. walk to the parks through Downtown Disney. We hope to see you guys soon!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,718)

Reviewed 15 September 2012

This was my first Air Miles booking and although the proximity to Disneyland makes this property a good choice, there are far better options close by. The service was non-existant. When we were offered a room change due to the non-functioning a/c unit, TV and internet, the luggage cart was pushed up to the front door and we had to repack our belongings and haul them outside and down the driveway, at midnight, with no assistance. The luggage cart stayed outside the room for two days. An article of clothing left in the "old" room took a full day to chase down and the lack of internet was left up to us to solve via cell phone calls to the hotel's provider. (we never did receive a call back with a solution) The air conditioning unit was too noisy to use, the room was dark and dingy, the pool is a concrete pad situated on a busy roadway and there is a daily charge to park your car. This is basically a cheap motel. Our stay was horrid and we actually booked another hotel on Priceline and moved out to the Hyatt for $30 less per night! I would think twice before booking another Best Western room.

Room Tip: Quite simply, don't stay here if you want a restful and pleasant experience or care if you have...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank vak00
StovallsManager, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Stovall's Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2012

Thank you for your stay. We appreciate your business. I don’t understand why you would have all those issues in your room but I’m glad that we were able to move you to another room. I hope you give us another opportunity to serve you with legendary service.

Reviewed 15 September 2012

To begin with, I arrived after midnight, the check in was speedy, which is what you want after a long day of travel. The room was of an adequate size, clean, smelled good, carpet felt clean, my socks did not get dirty, nor did my bare feet. The breakfast was more than adequate, Ive read lot of complaints about the powdered eggs, for me it tasted as it was supposed to taste, like eggs. Most mornings I would enjoy a bagel with cream cheese and Jam, some sausage and a banana, which is great because my experience is that complimentary breakfast, only include sugary pastries and doughnuts most of the time. It was nice to have a nice variety of items, cereals, bagels, etc. If the eggs or the pancakes were cold, there was a microwave right there, if someone complains about that, forgive me sir or madam, you are just lazy. WiFi, didn't really work, but hey, I'm not going on vacation to be online so no issue for me. The times I had to contact the staff they were very helpful. The rooms were renovated, for me not that different from the nearby Hilton in which I stayed earlier this year. If the hotel over all looks dated, well it opened on 1969, so I think they have done the best they can to keep it up to date. If anything, it had somewhat of a vintage flair I enjoyed. We would usually walk to the park in the morning, and get back to the hotel in the ART shuttle. I enjoyed my stay, and would consider staying here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank CharliePR

Thank you for taking your time on your review. We appreciate your business. I’m very happy to know that you enjoyed your room and breakfast. Thank you once again for all the great things you mentioned. We hope to see you guys soon!

Reviewed 13 September 2012 via mobile

The hotel is in a great location for visiting the Disneyland parks, they're around a 10-15 minute walk away and so easy to get too!
We had one room with two queen beds, it's was spotlessly clean and well equipped with an iron, hair dryer, microwave and fridge! It was a good size considering four people were all in the same room.
The continental breakfast was more than the standard European continental. There were pancakes, eggs and sausage too! Plenty of choice the bagels were lovely!
Checking in and out was a breeze!
There are some great restaraunts near by, we recommend Denny's and Cocos they were amazing and well priced!
Overall a really great place to stay!

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Natalie-gsf

Let me start by thanking you for taking your time on letting us know about your stay. I’m happy to hear that you had a great time while staying us. It’s great that you had time to enjoy the breakfast in the morning. We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 6 September 2012

I don't know what motel all the glowing reviewers before me have stayed at but it couldn't possibly have been the same DUMP we just checked out of (after planning on staying there all week)!!! When we arrived we were given a room that was as close to the busy noisy street as they could put us... I had requested a room at the other end away from Katella Ave as to avoid the extreme noise...no way they would even consider accommodating that request... The walkway reaked of mold and dirt... When we opened the room door it was disgusting! The carpet was FILTHY and our feet were black after walking on it for just a short time! the room had a HORRIBLE smell...like mold. We had to get out the febreeze and spray around the room in order to stand the smell... The beds were advertised as queen sized...they aren't! They are full sized and not comfortable! I wouldn't ever consider staying here again! Thank goodness we used a good travel agency that was able to change us to a much nicer cleaner hotel that wasn't that much more money!

Stayed: September 2012
5  Thank Jeanann T
StovallsManager, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Stovall's Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2012

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your business. I apologize if we didn’t deliver legendary service. I would have liked to have spoken to you of the things you listed. If you are reading this please call the property and speak to the front desk manager. I’m surprised that you had this issue here. We hope you give us another opportunity.

Reviewed 4 September 2012

Recently stayed at the Stovall for 6 nights to go to Disneyland and California Adventure parks.
The room was great, breakfast was okay bit crowded at times. Best to go early. Easy access to parks and shopping using the ART bus system with stop right out front of hotel. Will stay here on our next Ahaheim visit!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank stacer66
StovallsManager, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Stovall's Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2012

Thank you for staying with us we appreciate your business and comments. I’m happy to hear that you had a wonderful time at the parks. We are only a short 10-15 min. walk to the parks through Downtown Disney. We hope to see you guys soon!

Reviewed 3 September 2012

The room was great. The AC was much appreciated and the hotel staff was very accommodating. The pool was very nice and the continental breakfast had quite a variety.
The biggest attraction of the hotel is its location "right across the street from Disneyland." However, it is across the street behind California Adventure meaning it is still a ten or fifteen minute walk to the park entrances. This wasn't good for the elderly chemo patient in our party. The shuttle does stop right outside the hotel and you can buy shuttle passes at the front desk, which is worth it after you've walking between both parks for three days.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank CailinTJ

Let me start by thanking you for taking your time on letting us know how your stay was. We appreciate your business. I’m glad that you enjoyed the breakfast in the morning. Indeed, we are about a 10-15 min. walk to the parks through Downtown Disney. There is a shuttle you can take it is run by ART Transit and it will pick you up in front of our property. You can buy the shuttle tickets at the front desk. We hope that when you guys come back to the Anaheim area you will stay with us!