“Probably wouldn't stay here again” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Stovall's Inn

BEST WESTERN PLUS Stovall's Inn
Ranked #22 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
New South Wales, Australia
“Probably wouldn't stay here again”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2010

This is in a good location with some decent food places within walking distance.
I found the business center handy and was rarely used by other guests.

I think the front desk staff could be more helpful and friendly.
I also wasn't impressed with the level of cleanliness in the bathroom.

Next time I would stay somewhere different.

• Stayed September 2007
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (306)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
Dublin, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2009

I picked this place because of value and quality for the price we paid. I've stayed at multiple motels in the disneyland area, and this one was great because of location and also renovated rooms. We had a microwave and small fridge in our room, which was great for the stuff we took while driving to So Cal.... and the beds comfy.... free wifi.... also computer in the lobby too..friendly service.... free continental breakfast...simple usual stuff.... pastries, toast, hard boiled eggs, cereal..coffee..juice...milk... Coco's next door if you want more...Denny's closeby on same block.... and tiffy's restaurant across teh street too but i think i've read only good reviews about their ice cream? anyways....we walked to downtown disney from there... quick 10-15 min walk.... didn't know how to get there...wandered thru the nice and expensive disney grand californian hotel or something like that name... and got to disneyland and downtown disney thru there.... great deal for what we paid....i'm happy....

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with family
NH
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2009

This hotel was your run of the mill mid-level hotel chain experience (think middle of the road Sheraton's, Best Western's, Marriots). This hotel was recently remodeled and the rooms are spacious, clean, and comfortable. The bathroom is a good size and the vanity area is separate from the shower/ toilet which I like The beds are comfortable, the carpet was clean, and the furniture was in good condition. If you travel frequently and stay in mid-level chain hotels you will not be disappointed, and if you don't travel much or frequent budget hotels, you might be impressed! The location was GREAT just a 15 minute walk from Downtown Disney and right on a main road. I didnt notice how far of a walk or drive it is from the main gate at Disney Land as I was there on business. Lots of restaurants in the area, especially diners if you are into those. Rooms were a great value for families/ larger parties that want to sleep 2-4 people in a room. You get what you pay for, and I highly recommend paying the little extra to stay here than at the budget Ho-Jo's or Clarion. Someone who lives in the area told me to look for hotels priced OVER $90 per night to make sure you are safe, clean, and comfortable. Also LOOK AT REAL PICTURES of the hotel on websites such as this one many other hotels I looked at in the area had great pictures on their own website, but were very different than the ones people posted on this site (run down, dirty, etc)

• Stayed November 2009, travelled on business
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2009

My friend and I stayed here for 3 nights - it was definitely the very best hotel of our entire trip.
The beds are very comfortable and the rooms are fantastic, great amenities - we had a fridge, microwave and coffee maker.
The bathroom did heat up a bit when having a shower because we were a bit worried (never having been to the USA) about opening the window. Not a problem at all though, because everything else was perfect.
Breakfast was okay, but you can't expect too much from a free Brekkie! We most times took our muffins, juice and cereal back to our room to eat.

Free internet was great - only one computer but we often didn't get back to the hotel until about 11/12pm and by the time we showered no-one was using it.

About 15 minute walk to Disneyland and California Adventures
Staff are very helpful, I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with friends
British Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 December 2009

My friend and I stayed at the Best Western Stovall's Inn for 2 nights in order to visit Disneyland before we embarked on a Mexican cruise. I requested and received a room on the third (top) floor because I am a very light sleeper. Unfortunately we were put in a connecting room and, although the people in the next room weren't loud, we could hear their conversations very clearly. The next morning I asked if we could be moved to another room. The front desk told me that all of the third floor rooms are connecting and that the best they could do was to move us to another room on the third floor and promise not to put anyone in the rooms on either side of us. I couldn't have asked for a better solution. Thank you Best Western Stovall's Inn for being so accommodating. We really enjoyed our stay.

Stayed December 2009, travelled with friends
Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2009

This was our second visit to Anaheim in 3 years from Australia. Last time we stayed at Best Western Pavilions which was okay. We chose Stovalls this time as it was a bit closer to Disney and had free breakfast. We were not disapointed. We arrived very late and the staff were friendly despite the late hour. Our room was tastful and clean with plenty of room for all our luggage. The location was excellent and the breakfast was more than enough to tide us over until early afternoon (bearing in mind that the Aussie breakfast is much smaller that the American one). Also the beds were so comfortable, we wish we could have taken them with us for the rest of our US roadtrip. Thumbs up!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with family
San Bernardino, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2009

First, before I say anything else, I have to say...STAY AT STOVALL'S! THEIR POOL IS WARM, EVEN IN THE WINTER!!!

With that said (seriously, the pool was warm bathwater temperature, even on a December night), on to the review:

I'm surprised that Stovall's isn't more well known, as it's much nicer than many motels in the Disneyland area, but costs about the same (or less!). The rooms have been recently renovated/redecorated, and are super-comfortable and very modern looking. Though it's been recently redecorated, it still retains much of its midcentury charm (Stovall's was originally called "Inn of Tomorrow"; Google some pictures for a real space-age treat!). There's a round (as in spherical) pool house, a topiary garden (the pool area is like being able to swim through It's a Small World!), the original green and blue Googie-style stained glass windows & mirrored pyramid wall art in the lobby, and a swimming pool shaped like an Apollo lunar module. Your room may even have one of the original blue Lucite doorknobs; look for the hidden "satellite" on the roof when you're in the pool. Speaking of the pool (or pools, as there are two), the heated pool is always nice & warm...even in the winter! Plus, if you leave the Park early, you can sit in the Jacuzzi and watch the fireworks! The pool area has a great view of the ferris wheel in California Adventure, that puts on a light show as soon as the sun goes down. In my experience, this is the best pool area of all the offsite hotels.

The staff is helpful, friendly, and efficient. The lady at the front desk let us check in early & even assigned us the exact room we requested. Another lady at the front desk helped me to arrange transport to LAX, which made things much easier! The Housekeeping staff kept our room amazingly clean and well stocked with towels; our room was always very nice when we returned to it after each day in the Park...they even separated our swimsuits & put them up to dry on the shower curtain rod one day when we forgot to. Every hotel employee with whom we dealt was pleasant and helpful.

Some area hotels charge ridiculous prices for parking; at Stovall's, parking is FREE! Breakfast is also free, and is well stocked with biscuits & gravy, 4 or 5 different kinds of cereal, fruit, pastries, toast, eggs, coffee, milk, hot chocolate, and juice. It saved us alot of time & money, to have breakfast right there in the hotel before starting our day!

All in all, I can't say enough good things about Stovall's, and will definitely be back the next time I go to Disneyland.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with friends