“Ideal!”

Best Western Plus Pavilions
Ranked #25 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed 7 July 2013

I can't say enough good things about the Pavilions Hotel. Tracy the manager is just a SUPERSTAR, who was so friendly helped me out so graciously when I needed to change the dates of my stay, and needed advice about transport from Hollywood to Anaheim. All the staff were just lovely. The room was a good size (decor was a little dated but the price was so god, we didn;t care at all), clean and comfortable and the one problem we had (no hot water one morning) was fixed immediately. Although breakfast wasn't included, they did have muesli bars in the lobby. The location was perfect - an easy walk to Disneyland and Downtown Disney. I can't believe it was so reasonably priced! We would definitely tell anyone who asked that this was the place to stay for a good priced trip to Disneyland. Thank you again, Tracy!!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
bwpavilions, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Pavilions, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2013

We would like to thank you guys for your patronage. We are pleased to hear your stay was enjoyable. Hopefully we will see you again when your travels bring you back to the Anaheim area.

Reviewed 2 July 2013

My husband and I arrived in the late afternoon on a weekday and there was plenty of parking which was nice. We snagged the last first floor room. The room was nice and clean with 2 beds, small flat screen t.v. The towels scratchy and not soft but that's always a gripe of mine.

There is a liquor store just around the corner for the last minute beverages or snacks you would like. The past reviews were spot on about walking across the street through the parking lot to get to downtown Disney. It took a whole five minutes!

The mattress was comfortable and they give you a ton of pillows. Bring earplugs for the A/C because it is very noisy. My only suggestion besides the towels is for the rooms to have some hot chocolate packs because not everyone drinks coffee.

Oh and beware of the hidden Bed Tax monster! He gets you at check out for about $14-$15 a night. It adds another $40 to your hotel bill.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank slotsgal
bwpavilions, Public Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Pavilions, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2013

We are pleased to read you enjoyed your stay. We would like to thank you for choosing the Best Western Plus Pavilions for your lodging needs while in the resort area. We hope to see you again soon!!

Reviewed 20 June 2013

My daughter and I enjoyed five nights at this hotel which was comfortable and convenient to buses to Disneyland, Universal Studios and also Outlet Mall shopping. Kelly on the front desk provided helpful suggestions for our excursions.

It was very much a family-oriented hotel close to the action.

There was no continental breakfast available but we were on the go so much that it didn't really matter. I would recommend this as a convenient, comfortable and clean hotel to take your family to with a lovely pool and hot tub. The fireworks from the Disneyland Park could be seen from the hotel poolside each evening.

Pleased with our stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Lorraine P
Reviewed 17 June 2013

I honestly don't know why this hotel isn't rated higher. The staff was helpful and friendly, rooms clean, very conveniently located, ART bus stops right in front, Denny's is in the same lot (and your kids eat free BTW). Really not much I can say that's negative! Save your money on those expensive hotels and go with this absolute bargain. Use the money to have a nice dinner!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank George M
Reviewed 28 May 2013

My husband and I spent a week at the Best Western. It was in a great location, just on the south side of Disneyland. It was only about a 10-15 min walk to get to the park. Our suite was located in the rear of the hotel lot, so it was very quiet. Rooms were cleaned well every day. Our bed was really comfortable (so were the pillows). As for the noise, you could hear the folks upstairs getting ready in the morning, but other than that, we didn't hear anything. Denny's is next door, but not being a big fan of them, we preferred the Coco's restaurant a few doors down. Good food, family friendly and reasonable prices.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the rear of the lot as it is well off of the street and much quieter.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jennybean39
Reviewed 27 May 2013

The room I stayed in was very clean and so were the towels and beddings! I had a room in the back so street noise was not an issue although clatter from other rooms is unavoidable. They are, after all, close to Disneyland so you will hear the occasional commotion from excited children. It was nice having a remote control for the A/C so you don't need to get up if you get too cold or too hot. The commode had 2-settings for water conservation which is great.

There was in-room coffee and tea available and while I'm usually squeamish when using in-room coffeemakers, I took advantage of the one I had in my room because it was very clean. It was either very new or they really clean their appliances well. The room also had a refrigerator and a microwave. The one thing I wish they had was a room safe. You can leave your valuables at the front desk but I would prefer having one in my room with my own private entry code.

Just so there's no surprise, the city of Anaheim charges a $5 resort fee which, to the hotel's credit, they mention right away when you check in. It's a one-time charge and if it helps with the property's upkeep, I'm all for it. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank SatelliteBear
Reviewed 27 May 2013

Don't stay at the Best Western Plus Pavilions in Anaheim. Our non-smoking room smelled like old cigarettes/pot. The refrigerator smelled like something died in it. The air conditioner was a box unit that only cooled the immediate vicinity of the unit. even though it was 72* outside, the inside of the room was muggy and gross, even with the window open. Not to mention (and, as a former Pizza Hut employee whose restaurant did not deliver to this location there after dark, I should have freaking known better on this one) our room backed up to a baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad street. I dropped off my husband and 2 young sons to go visit with family. By the time I got back to the hotel and could really digest the yucky factor, the guys were all asleep, so I couldn't demand a room change. All I got this morning was an "I'm sorry, you should have complained last night." A sincere apology would have gone a long way.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family