“PLEASANTLY SURPRISED” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #25 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Lakeland, Florida
“PLEASANTLY SURPRISED”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

I was leery of a hotel with exterior corridors. This one was safe and I sat on the bench by the entrance and watched Disney fireworks each night. The beds were nice and comfortable. The daily maid service was excellent. This is a good location for families going to Disney as it was directly across the street. The staff was very accommodating and put us on the first floor as requested since many in our party were above 80 years old or had medical issues. Thanks a million.

Room Tip: If you stay there before the elevator is finished being constructed realize that you will have to wa...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
bwpavilions, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Pavilions, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Thank you for staying with us at the Best Western Plus Pavilions. We look forward to your return once our elevator is complete.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Nampa Idaho
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

My sister and I booked the Best Western Pavilion in Anaheim for a 7 night stay to visit Disney. We were more than pleased with the accommodations and service. Comfortable beds, spacious parking (free) Outstanding service by employees and so reasonably priced. We had to check out 2 days early due to illness in the family and that wasn't a problem - We have stayed at others in the areas on previous occasions and paid much more with very little service. We will definitely stay here again on return trips. Kudos to the staff at the Pavilion - thanks for making our stay pleasant.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Sandi C
Thank you for your recent stay with us and your very kind review. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to the Anaheim area.
Reno, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

This hotel is walking distance to Anaheim/Disney attractions (with a stroller with smaller children). The room was very nice and comfortable. My kids got a kick out of house keeping mixing up their toys. Nice larger pool with plenty of room for swimming. Staff was super freindly and helpful when we need a restroom faitly urgently upon check-in. We did not eat breakfast at the adjacent Denny's.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your recent stay with us at the Best Western Plus Pavilions. We are happy you found our location and pool helpful during your stay and we look forward to see you on your next trip back to the Anaheim area.
United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

I spent 3 days here at the end of June to attend a conference at one of the Disneyland hotels. Best Western has proven to be reliable in the past and I didn't want to spend the money asked for by the resort hotels, so I opted to stay at the Pavilions which is a quick 10-15 minute walk to the Disneyland hotels, Downtown Disney and the monorail entrance to Disneyland. I made my reservation over 90 days ahead of my travel dates (before prices went up for summer) and got a rate less than $100/night (it was much higher by the time I checked in). I only interacted with hotel staff when checking in and out, but they were both good experiences. The people were very pleasant, energetic and helped me with finding my way to the conference site.

The hotel itself is an older, but very well maintained 2-story motel property; the rooms have recently been updated and were quite comfortable. They're just now in the process of installing an elevator on the property, but I had a 1st floor room near the front office (104) so the elevator wasn't an issue for me. Despite being near a busy street, I couldn't hear any street noise. That may be, in part, because the air conditioner unit put out a steady hum. It didn't bother me, but if you're looking for a completely quiet environment, you'll want to look elsewhere. Speaking of the A/C, it was quite unusual to find that there was a remote control for it. I wasn't told this when checking in and didn't run into the remote until after I struggled to turn it on manually. From that point on, though, the remote proved to be very convenient.

The room was nicely furnished with a flat screen TV (plenty of watchable channels and HBO), a wardrobe, mini-refrigerator, microwave, coffee/tea maker. The bed had some unusual pillows. They were square instead of the standard oblong and, for me, weren't as supportive as I'd like when sitting up in bed. The bathtub was equipped with a rain shower head which was a pleasant experience. The water backed up in the tub after awhile, but I doubt that was a common problem on the property. Parking is free here which isn't common among hotels this close to Disneyland.

There were plenty of conveniences within walking distance making it possible to not drive anywhere during your stay. Next door on one side is a Denny's restaurant and next door on the other side is an Italian restaurant and a mini-market. There are plenty of other restaurant choices further down the street and Downtown Disney has an abundance of eateries as well as an AMC Theatre. As convenient as they were, I didn't eat at any of these places so can't comment on the quality of their food. I felt like the area was extremely safe when I was out walking to my conference destination at 7:00 each morning.

All in all I had a good experience and would recommend this hotel as a great value for the dollar!

Room Tip: Until the elevator is installed, I recommend a 1st floor room away from the pool.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
bwpavilions, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Pavilions, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Thank you for your recent stay with us. We are happy you found our location and rooms helpful during your stay in Anaheim. We look forward to your next visit. Thank you again.
Banbridge, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

Following our trip across the states we stayed in many hotels including 4 other best-western, we found no real problems and where satisfied will all our hotels but our stay at the end of our trip in best west plus pavilions Anaheim! We arrived late in the evening from a 4 hour drive and couldn't wait to settle down for the night but when we opened the door we noticed a terrible stench coming from within, i kicked my flip flops off closed door and went to investigate the smell and found the sink was covered in what looked like toe nails and skin also shavings from pubic region, my wife wasted no time and called the reception to have us changed, whenever on leaving the room i noticed my feet was black with filthy dirt from the carpet!
We changed rooms and the next room was the same size and smelled like it had just been sprayed with freshener, there was however after a while a smell of sewage after we closed the already opened bathroom window, so i suspect they knew they had a leak and kept it open, it was very bad believe me it was hard to breath if the window was closed for long! The carpets where exactly the same just completely filthy so i took some of the sheets and covered the whole dam floor, it was kind of like an act of defiance because by this time i was getting mad at the prices they had charged for this dump!
On our first night we went to the local shop just around the side where we witnessed a few doggy people outside of the shop and then it got robbed when we where in it!
The walls and ceilings where also so thin you can literally hear someone go to the toilet quite easily! Only plus was the Nice Italian restaurant around corner
We could say more but to cut to the point this place is a dump i don't know how people could review it positively!!

Room Tip: It would be better to stay away from there its a dump, maybe people with low expectations might say...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NickiB31
Thank you for completing your review. We do appreciate your patronage.
REDLANDS, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

Hotel did not offer a continental breakfast, the room was dirty, the carpet was black! it stained our feet and socks black, their was bugs in the bathroom, the refrigerator didn't work very well and did not have a freezer with it and the coffee pot, if you want to call it that, did not work very well either.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

4 Thank Christopher C
Thank you for your recent stay with us at the Best Western Plus Pavilions. I do apologize we did not meet your expectations. Thank you for completing your review. We do appreciate your patronage.
Plymouth
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

Great location near Disneyland, about a 20 minute walk. Denny's restaurant right next door which was handy, and also a Coco'a restaurant 5 minutes walk away (going towards Disney).
Small but clean pool, plus a spa. Free in room wi fi. Free breakfast (coffee, muesli bars and fruit) Free safety deposit boxes in reception. Large clean room, plenty of space. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your recent stay with us at the Best Western Plus Pavilions. We are happy to know you found our pool and location helpful during your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Anaheim.