“Below average”

Ramada Anaheim Convention Center
Ranked #109 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
“Below average”
Reviewed 24 August 2013

As we arrived in our one king bedroom, everything supposedly seem fine but once we uncovered the bed, there were hair strands and stains on all the sheets and pillows. Service was mediocre and didn't let us get an extra blanket upon asking them at the front desk.

• Stayed August 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
New York, United States
Reviewed 21 August 2013

Its and excellent hotel; well priced. nice flat screen tv; clean linens; quite AC; clean and fresh;
I would definitely stay again; Yazmen in the front desk was very courteous, She was polite, attentive friendly and positive; Wireless was good speed. I was hesitant to stay in this hotel after so many bad reviews; I was very surprised to see it is totally opposite to so many people. I stayed in the second floor.
Cons: Bath tub was stained, it didn't bother me at all. Window blinds need repair.

I would recommend this hotel!!! and would stay again!!!

Room Tip: second floor end rooms were good!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Hari R
South San Francisco, California
Reviewed 20 August 2013

I am an employee of Ramada located near SFO California. I booked two room with 2 dbl beds in this hotel because our family were all going to Disneyland using an employee discount. We arrived early in the hotel property at around 1 pm. As as I got to the reception the Front Desk Staff (Patricia) informed me that she can't check me in yet because the rooms assigned to me were doing a late check-out at 1 pm. I asked her if she can just exchange my room assignment with a guest who's checking-in late with the same type of room. She flatly said "NO" because there is no room available and the property was "full". I glanced at the front door to check if the sign that says "No vacancy or hotel full" was posted or up but didn't see any. I went out to check if there was any sign that says "hotel was full" to find none. In short I knew that she was being stubborn and lazy to accommodate my request. In any case I told her I will wait in the lobby and brought all our things in and neatly filed them in the hotel cart. Patricia then left the FD and went inside to an adjacent room take her break. While waiting, my sister had to use the restroom and she politely went to ask location of the restroom. Patricia yelled at my sister and said "over there". After about more than half hour waiting (the FD phone kept ringing and no one answering) she came back got on the extension and spoke to someone in her language. I understood bits and pieces of what she was saying that she needed a list of clean rooms. In short, she checked us into 1 room located beside the hotel's public laundry area. It was too noisy and guests were laughing boisterously and talking as though they had hearing difficulty. It was irritating I couldn't sleep at all. coming back late that night I was annoyed that (as promised by Patricia the other room would be assigned on the same floor as mine) room wasn't assigned yet. I asked the FD on duty if I could speak to the Manager (Carlos) and was informed that he'll be here the next day. It was one horrifying and terrible experience after the other. The room I stayed at had a broken bathroom lock, TV was not flat screen, breakfast did not have fresh fruits and the breakfast area was not kept tidy. The hallways were littered. It's easy to notice all these things when you work in the hotel and hospitality business. Coming from the same hotel brand, it was definitely a culture shock that a FD Staff can be so discourteous and ill-mannered towards guests. She is too jaded to be assigned in the front desk. I am very disappointed and will definitely stay at other Ramada properties in Anaheim than at this location.

Room Tip: middle areas away from elevator and public vending machine and laundry
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank jollytravellerSF
Cuajimalpa Df
Reviewed 18 August 2013

A dirty hotel and room, full of cockroach and fleas. Really bad hotel, I have no option to move because when I arrive it was to late and my kids where already sleeping, I try to find other hotel but there where full. If you are about to choose is want, please don't do it. You will regret.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed 15 August 2013

I am rating it compared to other motels in the area that are under $100. I booked at the last minute, as the hotel I was at for the rest of my stay was full for one night. I got a clean, quiet, comfortable room, and a sufficient if basic breakfast.

Staff was fast and friendly. Wireless was good. For under $100 at the last minute on a weekend in the summer peak, it was a great value.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 August 2013

I would not stay in this place again. It is very close to Disney but there are loads of options near by. Reception staff were very rude when I asked why the internet connection had been broken for 2 days. Like other reviews have stated the hotel rooms are dirty.

Hotel rooms have blinds instead of curtains so people walking past can see into your room.

It is a short walk to Disney and it would be bearable to stay here for a night I cut my trip short for the first time ever when I stayed here and moved into a cheaper more comfortable hotel.

Room Tip: Do not stay here.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple