“Great for the price”

Anaheim Del Sol Inn
Ranked #51 of 119 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed 24 September 2013

It was a great stay for the price. The only thing I would say is that the family suite with the bunkbeds should be on the main floor not the second floor since there is no elevator after a long day at the park and two strollers having to be carried up the stairs normally with a sleeping kid in in. The maids could be a little more curtious also by not blocking the stair ways and walk ways with their carts. They also turned the air conditioner off everytime they serviced the room when we are there in 80+ degree weather.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Reviewed 17 September 2013

This is our second stay. First, I have stayed at just about every hotel directly across the street from Disneyland and although some of them are a little nicer you also pay much much more. You just can’t beat the location and accommodations for the price. It is not a five star hotel but if that is what you are expecting to receive for what you are paying then shame on you. Let’s start with the Con's. The beds could be a little softer, but that is a personal preference, some people prefer a firmer bed. This is a two story motel and they do not have an elevator. The reservation system can be an issue. As long as you don’t make any changes you are fine but for some reason both times we stayed we had to change our check in/out date and both times there was an issue. The first time they didn’t have a room for us the first two nights of our stay. They put us up in their sister hotel for the same rate but it was quite a pain being I was 8 months pregnant and we had our 3 year old with us and their sister hotel is NOT within walking distance.. Well it is but it is rather far. With any hotel esp. hotels near Disneyland you must expect noisy neighbors. The room above us sounded like a herd of elephants crossing most nights. I am expecting loud neighbors so I don’t get upset about it unless they are being exceptionally rude. For the positives... LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION!!!! You are right across the street.. Not down the street some hotels near Disneyland say they are across the street and technically they are but they are across the street from the park NOT the entrance.. So unless you can magically jump over the backside of the park they are not right across the street. This place is literally 2 minute walk to the entrance sign and about 5 minutes to the turnstiles into the parks. I LOVE the kid’s suite. It is a regular room with 2 beds but it comes with bunk beds and now that my son is a little older (4) and he doesn’t have to sleep with mommy, he loves having his own space. The beds have a night light for each bunk. The top bunk light shined straight out and was rather more like a spot light than a night light but hey it was a nice thought. My 4 year old did love his night light. The rooms are equipped with a fridge, microwave and a safe! The counter at the sink was ample for all our stuff and the rooms are a very nice size. The salt water pool isn’t huge but it is very nice, the hot tub is heaven after all day walking around in the park. The breakfast room is small but they had donuts, toast, hardboiled eggs, muffins, cereal and waffles. Like I mentioned if you are expecting the Ritz don’t stay here because your expectations are unrealistic but if you want a great base for your trip that is close and has all the amenities you need for a price you can’t help but love this is the place for you.

Room Tip: The pool closes at 10pm so if you are a light sleeper ask for a room away from the pool
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Eyoung77
Reviewed 11 September 2013

My wife and I spent Labor Day week in Anaheim for the 2013 Disneyland Half Marathon, staying in 2 different hotels. The first 2 nights were at the Disney Grand Californian, on special rates from the official race organizer. The following 4 night, Sunday though Wednesday, we stayed here at the Anaheim Del Sol Inn. I'll do a separate review for the Grand Californian, but will compare these two properties in this review, and likely not as you would expect. We booked through Booking.com and got a great rate for a holiday week, 4 nights $375, taxes and fees included. 2 nights at the Grand Californian cost us $816. We had a standard room on the ground floor (check-in clerk asked our preference). The room was bigger than the Grand Californian room and had a bigger refrigerator and coffee maker. The safe at the Grand CA, was in the wall and barely fit our iPhones. At the Del Sol it was huge and fit out 15" Powerbook, both iPhones, camera and chargers for all. The Del Sol even had a microwave in the room. The place looks like it was recently refurbished or at least, well painted from top to bottom. Bathroom fixtures looked new, as did the carpets and bedding, and especially the AC units. As for proximity to Disneyland, it can only be beat by a couple of other nearby hotels, and but only 50 feet at most. You are closer at the Disney hotels, for a stiff price. We have stayed all up and down Harbor Blvd for the last 30 years and so far this is the best. We had 2 hours to kill between checkout and our airport shuttle, and T.J. gladly stored our luggage for us while we went off and had lunch at Denny's (which is across the parking lot). It's not perfect though. The coffee in the breakfast room was not that good, any of the days we had it but everything else available was just fine. The in-room coffee makers were better. The only real problem we had was the noise level. Our room was next to the stairs heading to the second floor where it sounded like several packs of elephants were staying, and on the other side a young family with a fricking new-born who wailed for hours. (Really? bring a new-born to Disneyland? Idiots.) The wall insulation could not quite deal with both of those.
This did not prevent us from getting a good night's sleep though and really was the luck of the draw with neighbors. We will definitely stay here again and never at the Grand Californian (unless we win a night in a big suite for free :-) )

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank lvinci
Reviewed 11 September 2013

Who'd stay at a Disney hotel when this is right on the doorstep? I've stayed at many hotels in Anaheim over the years, and this was by far the best. It is literally a five minute walk to Disneyland - and that's from the door of your room to the gates at Main St. It'd couldn't be any closer. It is also close to a range of non-Disney dining options, such as Denny's (thirty seconds walk away) and IHOP etc.

The room itself was spotlessly clean, large very comfortable. The breakfast was very good for a motel - probably one of the best motel breakfast I've had. Good selection and a small seating area. The staff were very friendly and helpful and parking was no problem (Labour Day weekend).

Not only would I recommend this place to anyone going to Disneyland, I don't think I'd stay anywhere else in Anaheim from now on. The room rate at the Del Sol was probably the best bargain of our trip!

Room Tip: Second floor rooms are always quieter in places like this. Request one at the time of booking.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Raydar
Reviewed 6 September 2013

We've stayed here several times and have always had a good experience. The rooms are spacious, clean and affordable. Our family of six especially likes the room with bunk-beds and we all fit comfortably. It's helpful that the vanity/sink is separate from the toilet/tub & shower because if someone is showering others can still continue to get ready. They offer a basic continental breakfast, but the breakfast room is very small so we always grab a few things and eat in our room. Denny's is right in front of the property if you need it. We've never used the pool, but it looks inviting. The staff is very friendly and helpful. This is not a property with things like valet parking, a gift shop, a game room, in-room movies, or room service. However, Del Sol Inn is a very comfortable place to stay that is super close to Disneyland/CA Adventure with plenty of restaurants & shops nearby. If walking to the park is a priority it's an easy walk across the street to the main gates of both parks. The hotel does charge for parking, but it beats paying for parking at your hotel and then again at the park. I will definitely stay here again and again!

Room Tip: Request a room above the parking stalls if you don't want anyone above or below you.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Fourbabes
Reviewed 3 September 2013 via mobile

Seriously can't beat the location & price. Rooms are always clean and spacious. Everyone at the front desk is extremely professional not to mention super accommodating. I have stayed at other hotels within the same vicinity , paid more and got much less. I truly may be doing myself a disservice by bragging about this hidden gem, hoping to have continued availability for my stays . I have stayed here twice in the last month and Del Sol never disappoints!

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Our stay didnt start off very well. Our room wasnt ready when it was supposed to be. We left for a late lunch as instructed and it still wasnt ready when we came back. We had put in a request in March when I booked the room, for a ground floor room since we had my grandmother with us and she has probelms walking up stairs because of her arthritis. (I understood that those types of requests were depending on availability however, kinda wish the front desk wouldve told us it would be over a 3 hour wait instead of the one hour wait we were told to wait an come back. Thats kinda a big difference that wouldve made me just settle for our upstairs room earlier instead of wasting time waiting.) They told us to come back in an hour, we actually gave them 2 hours for good measure (2 hours after the regular check in time ) and was told on arrival again it would be another hour wait at least but that they couldn't be sure. I finally gave in and settled for an
upstairs room because the kids were fussy and grandma was tired after the long flight from Hawaii. You'd think after all that inconvience and not even having the room ready when they were supposed to they'd have some type of discount for various businesses around the area for situations like this or even a portion of the stay discounted, but there was nothing. We didnt even get our cookies we were supposed to get at check in and not even an apology for the wait and not having the room ready when promised. This pretty much is the only problem we had with this hotel . The rest of our stay was great . (don't know if thats because I didn't have to deal with the front desk till check out)
Breakfast in the morning is pretty simple and satisfied our tummies though it does get quite crowded in there but you always have the option to take it back to your room which we chose to do.
The location is great! We had a 1 year old and my grandmother who is 80 years old with us so we made frequent trips back to the room for naps and downtime for grandma.
Parking was good ... not free but we always had a stall and being that we walked everywhere our rent a car didnt move anyways .
Rooms were spacious and very clean. We booked the family suite and the bunk beds came in handy with our two older children. There was more then enough room for the 6 of us. Bathroom a little small but didnt really matter because the rest of the space was so great.
The pool was a plus because my kids being that we're from Hawaii love love love the swimming even with Disneyland right across the street.
Even with all the trouble we had in the beginning of our stay with our special request and room not being ready I definitely would stay here again and
would reccomend this place to
family and friends. :)