“Great Value”

Anaheim Express Inn
Ranked #60 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed 26 July 2014

After reading some reviews I had doubts about keeping or cancel my reservation, finally my family and I did checking for two nights in this hotel last Monday 07/21.
A friendly girl named Sandra welcomed us very kindly and quickly gave us the keys to our room even arriving before 3pm official check in time. The continental breakfast was more I was expecting (bread, bagels, fruits, cereal, muffins, juices, coffee even eggs).
The room was clean, nothing fancy but we used just to sleep and take a shower, two queen beds, just husband, Son and me, had one on the second floor which made sleep time more quiet, they made the room and changed the towels. AC was working perfect and the WiFi.
The hotel location is perfect just right Harbor Blvd one of the principal way to access Disneyland (the reason for our visit to Anaheim). Is walking distance to the parks around 15 minutes with kids,for return we took the shuttle from Anaheim resort transit (ART).

For the price or location was good if you looking for something clean, quite, safe for your family and low cost, this on is the perfect for you..We can be stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank FSD22
TammyN351, General Manager at Anaheim Express Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

Dear FSD22,

Thank you for your stay and the great review. We are happy to hear that you and you family had an enjoyable time here with us. We hope to see you again soon!

There are newer reviews for Anaheim Express Inn

Reviewed 12 July 2014

All I have to say is both women we dealt with that worked the desk were wonderful, friendly and very accommodating. We've been dealing with hotels the last month and have a lot of problems cause our service animal but not here. People don't know the disability act clearly, but these women were very sweet and willing to learn about it so that they could accommodate us and make us feel comfortable. I made sure to get both of their names before I left. So thank you to Aida and Veronica... Six thumbs up! From Lynn, Michael and our companion, Boom ;)

Room Tip: All rooms here I'm assuming are just fine
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lynn A
TammyN351, General Manager at Anaheim Express Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear Lynn, Michael and Boom! Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We are so pleased that you feel our staff were wonderful, friendly and accommodating. I have shared your compliment with Sandra and Veronica as well as with the rest of our staff. We look forward to your return visit to the Anaheim area.

Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

Clean sheets, comfortable/safe, quiet, free wifi, free breakfast, free parking!

I was pleasantly surprised after checking in into this hotel. Since it is so close to the Disneyland area, I always had the impression that the "cheaper" motels were dumps, because they know they will have business anyways. Whenever I look up hotels, I DEPEND on online reviews and guest pictures. After reading the mixed reviews on Tripadvisor and yelp and balancing the high costs of nearby hotels, I decided to give this place a try.

It was not bad at all! Impressive, actually! Granted, it's no Westin or Sheraton, but it was clean, had VERY comfortable beds (with no 1980s bed covers), strong (but loud) ac, and free breakfast. The breakfast could have better selection but they did their job to keep refilling and I left the breakfast room stuffed. I even noticed the manager Tammy, I believe, refilling the fruit basket herself! Great staff and accommodations!

After the first night 6/24, we actually wanted to stay another night. I looked online to see what was the rate, but it was fully booked (because of a convention)! I called the front desk and they said they'll see what they can do. An hour later, they called me back and they somehow (with Disney magic) made a room available and we were able to stay in the same quiet room that we requested the night before. They didn't skyrocket the price either, even though they knew I wanted to stay. Great customer service!

So to those out there researching for a clean and decent place to stay near Disneyland, look no further. It may not look so nice at first glance, but it will definitely surprise you for the better. Not fancy, but great value for what it is. This is the place!

Stayed: June 2014
4  Thank Danny H

Dear Danny H,

What a joy to read your comments about your experiences with your stay at the Anaheim Express Inn. . We are delighted to hear your compliments in regards to customer service, comfort and cleanliness, along with location and amenities. We look forwards to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

I am a non-US visitor. I come to California, USA with my mother to visit some famous places here. I stay in Anaheim Express Inn in Orangewood Avenue. The hotel is not really big but the service is excellent. The hotel staff are friendly, enthusiastic, helpful and above all, they are professional. They are always ready to answer your questions 24 hours a day. For foreigners who meet difficulties in language and culture they help to make theselves at home. Moreover, the staff will have you to find the best tours or the most convinient transportation for you to enjoy the ever fun and attractions of the area.
A fun fact that it is only 1 km from here to Disneyland park, so you can return to the hotel late at night. If I have another chance to visit the USA, I will choose this hotel again :)

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank skyvn97

Dear Skyvn97,

Thank you for your kind words! We appreciate the time you have spent to comment on your stay at our hotel. We are enthused that you will be returning and that we were able to assist you! We are continuously striving to provide great value at an affordable price. We look forward to seeing you again on a future visit to Anaheim.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

The location is the best feature of this hotel. On one side is a Laudromat and great little mex restaurant and on the other side an AM/PM for late a late night supply run. This is a top choice in the 2 Star category....all the basics are there and the staff was friendly.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Randy S

Thank you for your review! We appreciate the time that you have taken to share your thoughts about our hotel. We appreciate your compliments about location and our staff. We look forwards to seeing you again!

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Affordable rates, descent location, free continental breakfast, Mickey Mouse comforters, in room refrigerator, in room microwave.

The beds! The worse beds I have ever slept upon in my entire life. My wife agrees! The hotel room key card was very hard to make work to get our door open...it took us about 2 minutes! There was a crack in our bedroom/sink mirror.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank forevermemorable
TammyN351, General Manager at Anaheim Express Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Dear TripAdvisor : We are requesting for removal of this review as we feel it is not intended for our hotel. It is not from a legitimate guest who has ever stayed with the Anaheim Express Inn nor reflecting any parts of hotel and service.
1)This guest stated he stayed with the Anaheim Express Inn a year ago (Jun 2013) but has waited for one year ( May 29) to put a feedback online and remembered it took him exactly 2 minute to get the door open! .
2) Since reopening of this hotel 3 years ago, we never had " Mickey Mouse comforters" in any rooms.
3) This guest stated he ' traveled solo' yet his wife ' agreed" with him that 'worse beds I have ever slept upon in my entire life'. How could that be?
We look forward to hearing back from you

Reviewed 22 May 2014

It is difficult finding a clean, inexpensive hotel that is walking distance to Disneyland. Anaheim Express Inn was clean, comfortable pillow top mattresses, microwave, and small fridge in the room. Front desk was very courteous, and offered a continental breakfast. The breakfast was very meager, but served its purpose, you cannot expect much more for the price of the rooms.
I will remember this place in the future when we go to Disneyland from Utah.

Room Tip: If you cannot negotiate stairs well, ask for a ground floor room. The elevator was out when we were...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Christian D
TammyN351, General Manager at Anaheim Express Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Dear Christian D,

Thank you so much for your review! We appreciate the time that you have taken to share your thoughts and comments about our hotel. We are so happy to see your compliments in regards to the guestroom cleanliness and amenities as well as attractive price and convenient location of the Anaheim Express Inn. We look forward to seeing you again on a future visit to the Anaheim.