“Newly refurbished room, good breakfast, great staff.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fairfield Inn Anaheim Hills Orange County

Fairfield Inn Anaheim Hills Orange County
Ranked #67 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Utah
“Newly refurbished room, good breakfast, great staff.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2013

My wife, child, and I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights recently and we really enjoyed our stay. I was pleasantly surprised at the great location as it was close to a freeway entrance, and had several eating establishments within walking distance. The staff was very helpful with a few requests that we had during our stay, and the service was prompt. The breakfast that was included in the stay was also very nice. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Nicole R, Manager at Fairfield Inn Anaheim Hills Orange County, responded to this review, 7 June 2013
We certainly hope that you do stay with us again soon. Thank you for not only staying with us but also sharing your experience. We are pleased that you enjoyed the new rooms as well as our new breakfast. Thank you again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Arabic first
Orange
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2013

This hotel had a very friendly and attentive staff. The beds are extremely comfortable. I understand all rooms just went through renovation and you can tell because everything looks clean and modern. The location is nice because you have a Starbucks, Massage Envy, LA Fitness and Corner Bakery in the same parking lot. A nice dinner at Canyon Restaurant (in the same parking lot) topped off the weekend.

Great inexpensive getaway. I took my mom.

Room Tip: We had a room facing the pool. I don't think I would want a room facing the freeway - might be n...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for your recent stay! I am glad that you and your mom enjoyed your special weekend and had a great experience. The proximity to Starbucks, Massage Envy and Canyon Restaurant is definitely convenient. Thank you for sharing your experience and we hope to see you again soon!
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2013

I expected a lot more from a Marriott hotel especially as it was newly renovated with new beds. To it's credit the hotel staff were friendly, my room and the grounds were clean, the room was a nice size, plenty of hot water, great TV, a little frig, plenty of towels and lots of plugs, a great work desk and lamps which I loved. I was only there for one night as I had a conference in the area however my conference discount was the same as the current regular price so am not sure I saved anything.

The hotel looks standard, it's right on the fwy so plenty of fwy noise but I was prepared to be happy. Another conference attendee had her room on the outside corridor and was distressed with all the noise. My room was closer to the pool yet even before I got to bed problems started, the air conditioner / fan emitted a terrible stench. Really awful, since it wasn't that hot I simply turned it off and went to bed. The mattresses were new. I don't know who tests these things but they obviously they didn't have a big panel of testers. These are not the right beds for everyone. I spent 4 hours trying to sleep on it until I gave up. The mattress at first seemed it would be heavenly but the longer one spends on it it the more one sinks... heaviest part of you sinks the lowest and it makes you hot. The mattress appears to have no visible or invisible means of support for your body, not even on the edge. I did my best trying to convince myself it couldn't be that bad for just one night but the sinking cut off the circulation to my head and neck..... very very unconformable!

To make it worse, hotel guests kept roaming around screaming outside my door. I could hear every word and nasty comment in detail, this went on until about 3:30 in the morning. My friend on the other side said she could hear people snoring in the room next to her. I also heard the folks upstairs. Really... why don't hotels have adequate sound dampeners or sound insulation?

So at 4 am with a very sore back and neck, hot, tired and weary I asked for some help. What I received would have been hilarious if it wasn't real. I was brought one of the most decrepit and flimsy rollaways complete with pokey springs and ripped and stained cover that I'd ever seen. A nice hotel like this and that was what they offered???? I stuffed all the fixings from the failed bed onto the roll-away and managed to get a few hours sleep.

I took a hot shower (plenty of hot water!) and headed for the included breakfast. There was a nice selection of food but it was the sort of food that is better to look at than to eat. I can't tell you what the eggs actually were like since I gave up after a few forks, The cut fruit that looked so yummy was bitter and sour and I don't like surgery starchy stuff, esp not first thing in the morning. If a hotel serves breakfast shouldn't it be high quality and not industrialized pseudo food? Admittedly I was very tired and sore.

When I shared my woes of the night to the desk clerk I was not offered any compensation, she couldn't understand why I didn't like the food and had nothing to say about my miserable night other than to tell me what I'd already heard about the beds being new.... ergo the 2 stars. I'm sure the remodel and upgrades helped but this hotel can do better, a lot better!!!!!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Nicole R, Manager at Fairfield Inn Anaheim Hills Orange County, responded to this review, 4 June 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your experience. I am sorry that you were not able to enjoy a pleasant stay with us as that is always our goal. We take these instances very serious and we are looking into ways to avoid these problems. We are in the process of getting some new air conditioning and heater units for a more comfortable room experience. I would like to discuss your stay with us in more detail so that I am better able to trouble shoot. Please feel free to give me a call. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our staff and hopefully we have an opportunity to wow you on your next stay.

Nicole Reid
Fair Oaks, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2013

We attended a wedding in the area. The interior of the rooms were nicely upgraded from what we would have expected. Check in was easy and a nice lobby.

Very clean and is next to a nice set of retail shops including Jamba Juice, Starbucks, and Corner Bakery

Also, close enough to freeway to get to other destinations.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
It is so nice to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to enjoy the various restaurants located in the shopping center next to us. Thank you so much for sharing your experience and we hope to see you the next time you are in the area.
Fallon, NV
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2013

I probably should reveal how nice this place is because it may be harder for us to get a reservation next time if too many people find out. We have had to be down in this are three time since January, and stayed here each time. Whenever we have to be in the area for family matters or vacation in recent years, we always try to stay here if we can. The rooms have just been remodeled and they did a very nice job. The staff has always been very friendly and willing to help out where they can and when you come in the evening they always have fresh cookies out for you. Even thought it is close to the freeway the rooms are very quiet and we have never had any problems.

They offer a nice free breakfast here and the lady who takes care of the food area is exceptional and goes out of her way to keep the area clean and well stocked with food. We travel a lot and this is one of the better breakfasts we have had. If you want to try something a little special, try adding a few raisins to your waffle before you cook it - tastes great.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Nicole R, Manager at Fairfield Inn Anaheim Hills Orange County, responded to this review, 1 May 2013
Thank you so much for continuing to stay with us. It is great to hear that you have enjoyed renovation as well as the launch of our hot breakfast. Such a great tip with the raisins! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel with Trip Advisor and the Fairfield Inn Anaheim Hills and we look forward to you staying with us again!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2013 via mobile

What a nice relief to find a hotel that meets all your needs. nice looking remolded rooms, comfortable beds, nice hot tub for after the long day at disneyland, and the free breakfast make this a must stay for any needs. don't let the distance to Disneyland scare you away quick jump on the freeway is only about 10 to 15min away.

• Stayed April 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Nicole R, Manager at Fairfield Inn Anaheim Hills Orange County, responded to this review, 29 April 2013
It is always wonderful to see that we were successful in meeting all of a guests needs! Thank you so much for your recent stay and for taking the time to share your experience with fellow TripAdvisors. We hope to impress you again on your next trip to Disneyland!
Orinda
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2013

It was spring break so most hotels near Disney were full or very expensive so we found the Fairfield still reasonable. It was about a 15 minute drive to Disney and we didn't hit traffic. Breakfast was plentiful with make your own waffles,scrambled eggs, and more.Staff were friendly when needed. Only drawback is the hotel faces a freeway and has road noise. There is a pool and hot tub and workout room.
There is a mall next to the hotel with plenty of restaurants and other shops.

Room Tip: Try to get a room NOT facing freeway.
2 Thank jsksOrinda
Nicole R, Manager at Fairfield Inn Anaheim Hills Orange County, responded to this review, 9 April 2013
Thank you for your recent stay with us. It is always great to see that a guest enjoyed their stay and were able to enjoy their Disneyland trip. Thank you so much for your feedback and the next time you are in the area we will try our best to get you away from the freeway side. Thank you again and we hope to see you soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Anaheim
Extended Stay America - Orange County - Anaheim Hills
Residence Inn Anaheim Hills Yorba Linda
Ayres Suites Yorba Linda
Ayres Suites Yorba Linda
#1 of 2 in Yorba Linda
Candlewood Suites Anaheim - Resort Area
Staybridge Suites Anaheim - Resort Area
The Comfort Inn & Suites Anaheim, Disneyland Resort

Been to Fairfield Inn Anaheim Hills Orange County? Share your experiences!