Fairfield Inn by Marriott Anaheim Hills Orange County
Ranked #57 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Nashville, Tennessee
“Ultra-nice!”
Reviewed 8 June 2013

Friendly staff, great location, clean, comfortable and spacious room with full amenities. Large, well-provisioned continental breakfast area. Park close to your room. Many restaurants very close. Reasonable value for the area. Close to Nixon library.

Room Tip: Recommend ground floor for easiest access.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Chuck W
Nicole R, Manager at Fairfield Inn by Marriott Anaheim Hills Orange County, responded to this review, 11 June 2013
Thank you so much for sharing such a great experience! It is always great to hear that one of our guests has enjoyed their stay and I am sure fellow trip advisors will find your review helpful as well. There are a variety of restaurants in the area so hopefully you can try some new ones the next time you are in the area! Thank you again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Arabic first
Lincoln, Nebraska
Reviewed 7 June 2013

I recently spent two nights here. The rooms are clean and partly updated. They are all outside entrance, which didn't make me feel very secure. The pool/spa was nice. Free breakfast was what you'd expect.

The staff was friendly.

The freeway noise is my biggest complaint. If you are looking for a quite place to unwind, this isn't it.

Room Tip: Pool side rooms are the only way to go! The outside rooms were so loud I asked to move.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Nebraska1450
Thank you so much for your recent stay with us and providing us with feedback of your stay. I am pleased that you found our staff friendly and did like our fully renovated rooms. We are an outside entrance hotel but are lucky enough to be located in a safe area. We do so hope that you stay with us again and will do our best to have you in a pool side room. Thank you again!
Danville, California
Reviewed 27 May 2013

The Fairfield brand is Marriott's more basic property. Not quite a Courtyard but better than a traditional motel. The rooms are good sized and are smartly decorated in a modern theme. The bathroom has granite counter tops and was larger than most properties in this price range. The room has a microwave and small refrigerator. The room rate includes a hot breakfast as well. This location is a little hard to find as it is tucked away behind a shopping center and the SR91. There is no signage to help direct you. Even the Hertz "NeverLost" navigation system in my rental car had a tough time locating the property. If you are considering this location for a Disneyland visit, keep in mind that it can 30 or more minutes to the park from this location. Overall, good value.

Room Tip: Walk to the nearby shopping center for great frozen yogurt.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Nicole R, Manager at Fairfield Inn by Marriott Anaheim Hills Orange County, responded to this review, 7 June 2013
Thank you for your recent stay with us. It is pleasing to hear that you liked our newly renovated bathrooms as well as our revamped breakfast. Disneyland normally takes just 15 minutes to get to but unfortunately there can be traffic which can make the trip seem longer. We do hope to see you again soon!
Utah
Reviewed 7 May 2013

My wife, child, and I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights recently and we really enjoyed our stay. I was pleasantly surprised at the great location as it was close to a freeway entrance, and had several eating establishments within walking distance. The staff was very helpful with a few requests that we had during our stay, and the service was prompt. The breakfast that was included in the stay was also very nice. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
We certainly hope that you do stay with us again soon. Thank you for not only staying with us but also sharing your experience. We are pleased that you enjoyed the new rooms as well as our new breakfast. Thank you again!
Orange
Reviewed 7 May 2013

This hotel had a very friendly and attentive staff. The beds are extremely comfortable. I understand all rooms just went through renovation and you can tell because everything looks clean and modern. The location is nice because you have a Starbucks, Massage Envy, LA Fitness and Corner Bakery in the same parking lot. A nice dinner at Canyon Restaurant (in the same parking lot) topped off the weekend.

Great inexpensive getaway. I took my mom.

Room Tip: We had a room facing the pool. I don't think I would want a room facing the freeway - might be n...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Thank you so much for your recent stay! I am glad that you and your mom enjoyed your special weekend and had a great experience. The proximity to Starbucks, Massage Envy and Canyon Restaurant is definitely convenient. Thank you for sharing your experience and we hope to see you again soon!
Reviewed 6 May 2013

I expected a lot more from a Marriott hotel especially as it was newly renovated with new beds. To it's credit the hotel staff were friendly, my room and the grounds were clean, the room was a nice size, plenty of hot water, great TV, a little frig, plenty of towels and lots of plugs, a great work desk and lamps which I loved. I was only there for one night as I had a conference in the area however my conference discount was the same as the current regular price so am not sure I saved anything.

The hotel looks standard, it's right on the fwy so plenty of fwy noise but I was prepared to be happy. Another conference attendee had her room on the outside corridor and was distressed with all the noise. My room was closer to the pool yet even before I got to bed problems started, the air conditioner / fan emitted a terrible stench. Really awful, since it wasn't that hot I simply turned it off and went to bed. The mattresses were new. I don't know who tests these things but they obviously they didn't have a big panel of testers. These are not the right beds for everyone. I spent 4 hours trying to sleep on it until I gave up. The mattress at first seemed it would be heavenly but the longer one spends on it it the more one sinks... heaviest part of you sinks the lowest and it makes you hot. The mattress appears to have no visible or invisible means of support for your body, not even on the edge. I did my best trying to convince myself it couldn't be that bad for just one night but the sinking cut off the circulation to my head and neck..... very very unconformable!

To make it worse, hotel guests kept roaming around screaming outside my door. I could hear every word and nasty comment in detail, this went on until about 3:30 in the morning. My friend on the other side said she could hear people snoring in the room next to her. I also heard the folks upstairs. Really... why don't hotels have adequate sound dampeners or sound insulation?

So at 4 am with a very sore back and neck, hot, tired and weary I asked for some help. What I received would have been hilarious if it wasn't real. I was brought one of the most decrepit and flimsy rollaways complete with pokey springs and ripped and stained cover that I'd ever seen. A nice hotel like this and that was what they offered???? I stuffed all the fixings from the failed bed onto the roll-away and managed to get a few hours sleep.

I took a hot shower (plenty of hot water!) and headed for the included breakfast. There was a nice selection of food but it was the sort of food that is better to look at than to eat. I can't tell you what the eggs actually were like since I gave up after a few forks, The cut fruit that looked so yummy was bitter and sour and I don't like surgery starchy stuff, esp not first thing in the morning. If a hotel serves breakfast shouldn't it be high quality and not industrialized pseudo food? Admittedly I was very tired and sore.

When I shared my woes of the night to the desk clerk I was not offered any compensation, she couldn't understand why I didn't like the food and had nothing to say about my miserable night other than to tell me what I'd already heard about the beds being new.... ergo the 2 stars. I'm sure the remodel and upgrades helped but this hotel can do better, a lot better!!!!!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Nicole R, Manager at Fairfield Inn by Marriott Anaheim Hills Orange County, responded to this review, 4 June 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your experience. I am sorry that you were not able to enjoy a pleasant stay with us as that is always our goal. We take these instances very serious and we are looking into ways to avoid these problems. We are in the process of getting some new air conditioning and heater units for a more comfortable room experience. I would like to discuss your stay with us in more detail so that I am better able to trouble shoot. Please feel free to give me a call. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our staff and hopefully we have an opportunity to wow you on your next stay.

Nicole Reid
Fair Oaks, California
Reviewed 2 May 2013

We attended a wedding in the area. The interior of the rooms were nicely upgraded from what we would have expected. Check in was easy and a nice lobby.

Very clean and is next to a nice set of retail shops including Jamba Juice, Starbucks, and Corner Bakery

Also, close enough to freeway to get to other destinations.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
It is so nice to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to enjoy the various restaurants located in the shopping center next to us. Thank you so much for sharing your experience and we hope to see you the next time you are in the area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Anaheim
Residence Inn Anaheim Hills Yorba Linda
Ayres Suites Yorba Linda
Ayres Suites Yorba Linda
#1 of 2 in Yorba Linda
Extended Stay America - Orange County - Anaheim Hills
The Comfort Inn & Suites Anaheim, Disneyland Resort
Holiday Inn Anaheim-Resort Area
Candlewood Suites Anaheim - Resort Area

Been to Fairfield Inn by Marriott Anaheim Hills Orange County? Share your experiences!