“Great Value for Anaheim Hills”

Fairfield Inn by Marriott Anaheim Hills Orange County
Ranked #57 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I have stayed at this property for over 100 nights. They have remodeled all the rooms with updated furniture and decorations and also remodeled the bathrooms. The best rate is their weekly rate for 7 nights. It is within 30 minutes of a lot of venues including Disneyland and Knotts Berry Farm. The staff are great. It is close to grocery stores and shopping centers to get supplies.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank ejlwireless
Nicole R, Manager at Fairfield Inn by Marriott Anaheim Hills Orange County, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Hi ejlwireless,

Thank you so much for your continued loyalty and staying with us. We appreciate having you as our guests. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with other travelers. If you need anything please do not hesitate to let us know.

Thank you again and see you soon!

Nicole.reid@marriott.com

There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn by Marriott Anaheim Hills Orange County

Reviewed 28 May 2014

The hotel was right next to a freeway but we couldn't really hear the vehicles. It was nicely located - walking distance to grocery stores, restaurants and coffee shops. Traffic in the area is light and it was easy to get in and out of the area. The trip was a business one for my husband and a leisure one for me, and we weren't really there for Disneyland, but even if we were, it wasn't that far of a drive. There really isn't a lot of public transport in the area so you actually do need a car if you stay here though.

The bathroom was nice and had a lot of counter space. The room was big and the tv was nice and had lots of HD cable channels, including HBO. I had the pool to myself pretty much the entire time I was there. They had free hot breakfast daily which includes scrambled eggs, turkey sausage, pork sausage, waffles, etc. The only thing I didn't like about it was there was some sort of funky smell in our room - I wasn't sure if it was the carpet or the linens. I asked them to change the linens and they did so promptly, and I think they put air freshener in the room as well. After that, it was a little tolerable.

I would definitely stay here again if I come back to Anaheim.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the freeway.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Hi Buttercup1211,

I am so glad we had the opportunity to have you as our guests and that you enjoyed your stay. Our location is indeed convenient to variety of stores and restaurants and I am glad to see you enjoyed our breakfast as well. I am curious as to what room number you had so that I can investigate further but I am so pleased to see that the staff was able to assist in making your stay more comfortable.

We look forward to having you as our guest again soon.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

I needed to stay in the Anaheim area, but didn't want to be at Disney. This was a great location and had several dining options nearby. The rooms looked recently renovated and very clean! Breakfast area was well stocked and clean. The only down side was the exterior corridors, but I didn't hear any street traffic. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Nicole R, Manager at Fairfield Inn by Marriott Anaheim Hills Orange County, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Hi Uachops,

Thank you so much for your recent stay with us and for sharing your experience with fellow travelers on TripAdvisor. I am so pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are a great location if you want to be near Disneyland but in a quiet area without all of the traffic and with a variety of restaurants within walking distance. We can't wait to have you as our guests again!

Reviewed 11 May 2014

We spent 3 nights here recently on a vacation to go to Disneyland among other sites. The hotel was about a 20-25 minute drive to Disney (a little farther than we had expected, but not a big deal at all). It was a nice area with several nice restaurants in walking distance and in a fairly quiet area. Our room was nice, with comfortable bed and a fridge and coffee maker. The free breakfast was terrific with all the trimmings. The staff was very helpful and friendly. They were very attentive to our requests.
My only slight complaint was the lack of glass drinking cups in the room. Plastic just isn't always the best.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the pool side and on upper floors for quieter stay.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Nicole R, Manager at Fairfield Inn by Marriott Anaheim Hills Orange County, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Hi TravelerMontana,

Thank you so much for choosing the Fairfield Inn Anaheim Hills to stay for your family trip to Disneyland. Also, thank you for sharing your experience as well as tips with future travelers as I am sure others will find them helpful. I am so glad you enjoyed our location as well as our breakfast and we hope to have the pleasure of having you stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

This property is a short drive to Disneyland and close to the highway. Staff very nice and hotel very nice. Updated hotel, clean with a whirlpool tub. Next to a grocery store and nice restaurants as well as a Starbucks and Chase bank. Their breakfast selection was very good fresh fruit, waffles, hot ready made oat meal. The only down side was the nights that we stayed there were a group of kids and were up all night and rowdy. The hotel apologize about it and understandable you can not control your guest. But other than that very nice time and would do again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank ygmickey
Nicole R, Manager at Fairfield Inn by Marriott Anaheim Hills Orange County, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Hello YgMickey,

Thank you so much for providing your feedback on your recent stay. We definitely appreciate having you stay with us and am so glad that you enjoyed our location as well as our breakfast. I do apologize for the noise that our other guests created. We did our best to control it as the comfort of all of our guests is a priority. I am thankful that you will consider staying with us again and we can not wait to have you as our guests.

Thank you and we look forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed 11 April 2014

I called the staff and asked them if they offered shuttle service from the Metrolink Station. Then they said, "There is no Metrolink Station around here," which is odd because there has been an Anaheim Hills Metrolink station for most of the last decade. Plus, it shows up on the Same Google Maps page just a couple miles away. Plus I've been taking that train to there and from there for the last six years. Then, at last they admitted that such a station might exist, but that it was too far away for the shuttle, making me wonder what on earth they'd do if it were an airport hotel, since, if you have a shuttle, it is odd that you don't service the nearest train station, when that station is the nearest mass-transit station and is actually called Anaheim Canyon, to signify the very area that you are located in. While the clerk was fluent in English, the clerk did not seem to have a nuanced sense of the language, so that the feeling that came from it for me was that no complicated or hypothetical concept could really be related. The question had an "if," in it, which usually tough for any of us who speak multiple languages. So if a person says, "IF" I arrive on a train, "THEN" would a shuttle be able to pick me up? — this often proves too much for a person stuck in present tense versions of the language. The clerk was kind of stuck on, "But we don't go to the train," and I understood that, since the clerk believed either that there was no train station, or that the nearest train station was not in the Anaheim Hills area. So then I posed another hypothetical, "IF" I could show you on a map how close the station is, and "IF" you saw that it was in your part of town, "THEN" could you arrange for a shuttle. However, as we struggled with this, suddenly a bunch of revelers came in joking loudly, (and frankly they sounded drunk, as though they'd been staying there and were returning to the hotel and wanting to engage in party-joking with the clerk after a hard night of drinking). And the clerk decided to put me on hold in order to tend to them. After waiting on hold a while, the clerk came back on the line, but was losing interest quickly. The clerk became angry and felt my line of reasoning was mean; and I was then thinking, "Okay, if this is a sample of how the hotel is run, that's a clue not to go in the first place." Then I went to tripadvisor and read the bad reviews and realized that, as I suspected, there were many other troubles most likely to be had there. My guess is that their corporate parent company just isn't budgeting them properly; so, as far as the cheap renovations others described, and the seemingly arbitrary or out-of-it service they described — well, on whatever budget they get from the parent corporation, I guess they're hiring contractors and workers on par with that.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Nicole R, Manager at Fairfield Inn by Marriott Anaheim Hills Orange County, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Hello Mel:

I am so sorry for the inconvenience that occurred during your recent inquiry. It appears that there was a miscommunication that occurred. If we have a driver available we are able to pick-up form the Metrolink station in Anaheim Hills as it is within the radius that our shuttle travels. There are occasions where the Anaheim Hills location is confused with the Anaheim station. I do apologize for the misunderstanding as this occurrence is atypical of an experience here. As you can see by the many positive reviews guests find our staff friendly and efficient. I hope that you will be able to give us another chance so that we can really show you what we are all about the renovated rooms that many guests have enjoyed.

Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 29 March 2014

Love staying here! they are always very nice and the beds are great! I like everything about this place including the breakfast. The front desk is always helpful and I like the fact it a refrigerator and Microwave in the room. Thanks for making this my home away from home!

Room Tip: Third floor has an Ice Machine. Great places to eat near by.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Tim A
Nicole R, Manager at Fairfield Inn by Marriott Anaheim Hills Orange County, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Hi Tim,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us as well as useful tips to fellow travelers. We appreciate having you as our guests and are thankful that you enjoy our breakfast, staff, location and our rooms! We can't wait to have you again soon and thank you again!