“Thank you, Tripadvisor!”

Fairfield Inn by Marriott Anaheim Hills Orange County
Ranked #57 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We needed a hotel as close to Disneyland as possible, without paying Disney prices. We immediately went on Tripadvisor and started to look around, eventually deciding between this Fairfield Inn and a similar-priced hotel nearby. The Fairfield Inn had slightly better reviews so we went with it, and very glad we did. It is exactly what you'd expect from a Fairfield Inn which was perfect since it met our expectations and we were happy. We stayed 2 nights, and checked in pretty late on a Friday. We parked by the front entrance and I quickly noticed that the night security is very available and always walking around that area- considering the hotel is actually around the back road of a shopping plaza, and every room has an external door, this was reassuring. There were also a number of people hanging out in the lobby area, just watching tv and playing on their phones. We checked in and were told that the back parking lot (which was actually just out the side door of the front entrance) was full so we could park anywhere else and just walk... the property really isn't that big so we just left the car where it was originally. We had a first floor room, 109 actually, and while we'd normally feel uneasy about the first floor, it really turned out fine. There was only some noise from cars and people walking by first thing in the morning but I don't think it would have been any less if we were a floor up. The bathroom door was a hidden sliding door, but again, the size of the room, bathroom and the amenities offered was what was expected. There was a small fridge in the room too which was a really nice and unexpected amenity. The only thing I couldn't find was a luggage rack for the suitcase, but since we were steps from the front desk, I went over to ask... and again the security presence was obvious (awesome), but I was told that they don't stock those fold-able racks anymore... kind of strange but not a big deal. The breakfast was on par with a Fairfield Inn... a buffet of scrambled eggs, sausage, make your own toast, bagels, cereal, a self-serve waffle maker, fruit, yogurt, coffee/tea/juice... and it continued to be re-stocked up until exactly the moment breakfast ended. I noticed the same people there both mornings as well. The dining room did get pretty crowded with people appearing to take food back to their rooms because there weren't tables, but I did also see some people sitting outside at the tables near the front office which I'm sure was nice in the perfect weather that we had then. We asked at check in if they sold Disney passes and were surprised to get a "yes, at the same price as the park" so we picked those up on the morning we needed them and avoided a big line at the park. We definitely had a nice and easy stay, but I would comment on one thing.. as I mentioned, we were on the first floor- so we were very careful to make sure the door was tightly closed, lights off and curtains pulled when we knew we'd be spending a 15+ hour day at Disney... when we returned to the room, we noticed the door tightly closed, but the inside lamp on and the curtains pulled back so only the sheer curtain was covering the window. Housekeeping did a nice job cleaning and that was no problem, but being gone for so long and coming back to find out that you could see into the room (for probably most of the day/night) was a bit unsettling. Good stay and if we found ourselves in the area again, we'd stay again. AAA hot rate for those nights was $110+tax/fees.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Marlsak
Nicole R, Manager at Fairfield Inn by Marriott Anaheim Hills Orange County, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Hi Marlsak,

Thank you so much for using TripAdvisor and for selecting our hotel. I am so pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to share your experience with future travelers. The nifty thing about our rooms is that there is a piece of furniture that is a built in luggage rack. It is that space right next to the armoire where the ottoman is stored underneath. I am sorry that wasn't explained to you and that we did not have a folding one available. Again, thank you so much for staying with us on your Disneyland trip and we look forward to having you with us again soon!

Nicole.reid@marriott.com

There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn by Marriott Anaheim Hills Orange County

Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

I don't have a single complaint. We just needed a simple, reasonably priced hotel to go to Disneyland, and this place was exactly that. It is about 15 minutes drive from Disney but there was almost no traffic on a Saturday morning. They even sell park tickets at the front desk.
The hotel was clean, the a/c worked well and the staff was friendly. The breakfast was on par for what they offer, it's not gourmet, but that shouldn't be your expectation. It was good enough and convenient.
If you are looking for a lot of bells and whistles, this isn't the right place, but overall, a very comfortable stay for 2 nights at a reasonable price.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Nicole R, Manager at Fairfield Inn by Marriott Anaheim Hills Orange County, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Hi Benny3345,

Thank you so much for your recent stay with us and for sharing your experience with fellow TripAdvisor users! I am so pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us from our pricing, our breakfast and our location. We look forward to having you stay with us again on your next visit to the park.

Have a great day and thank you again!

Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

We hadn't stayed here since 2006. We've been staying at Embassy Suites with our children. This was good choice for just hubby and me. It was family visit and relax at hotel. This place has been decorated very modern and clean. Friendly staff and breakfast had great selections. I very much will be reserving this hotel for future stays.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Nicole R, Manager at Fairfield Inn by Marriott Anaheim Hills Orange County, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Hi Alicia R,

Thank you so much for selecting our hotel for your recent visit with your god children. I am so pleased to see that you found us fresh and modern and that we were able to meet your needs. Next time have the kids visit you here and enjoy our pool area perfect for family time. We look forward to having you again soon!

Reviewed 7 June 2014

Very pleasant stay. Comfy rooms and reasonably priced. Not much to do around the hotel, but if have a specific reason to be in the area, we were attending a wedding at the Nixon Library nearby, so this location was perfect.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Nicole R, Manager at Fairfield Inn by Marriott Anaheim Hills Orange County, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Hi Donna,

I am so pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay while attending the wedding at the gorgeous Nixon Library. Next time you are in the area you can catch a game at Angel Stadium, a concert at the Honda Center or even visit Disneyland! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience and for staying with us and we hope to see you soon!

Have a great day!

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Check in was easy and fast. The lady at the front desk was very nice and showed us exactly how to get to our room and gave us a map of the place and local restaurants. There was even free cookies, perfect for the kids after a long ride in the car. The room was nice. Loved the beds, nice bathroom, nice overall. Only negative thing was that breakfast ended at 9 am and the front desk didn't tell us that. We went down at 9:05 am and the breakfast was already over. :( Oh well now we know for next time and still over all a good experience.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jadensmommy2011
Nicole R, Manager at Fairfield Inn by Marriott Anaheim Hills Orange County, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Hi Jadensmommy2011,

Thank you so much for your recent stay with us. I am so glad you enjoyed the cookies we have available in the afternoon as well as your rooms. I am sorry you did not get a chance to enjoy our waffles and sausage for breakfast but do you hope you will on your next visit.

Thank you for sharing your experience and hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 29 May 2014

I have stayed at this property for over 100 nights. They have remodeled all the rooms with updated furniture and decorations and also remodeled the bathrooms. The best rate is their weekly rate for 7 nights. It is within 30 minutes of a lot of venues including Disneyland and Knotts Berry Farm. The staff are great. It is close to grocery stores and shopping centers to get supplies.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank ejlwireless

Hi ejlwireless,

Thank you so much for your continued loyalty and staying with us. We appreciate having you as our guests. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with other travelers. If you need anything please do not hesitate to let us know.

Thank you again and see you soon!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

The hotel was right next to a freeway but we couldn't really hear the vehicles. It was nicely located - walking distance to grocery stores, restaurants and coffee shops. Traffic in the area is light and it was easy to get in and out of the area. The trip was a business one for my husband and a leisure one for me, and we weren't really there for Disneyland, but even if we were, it wasn't that far of a drive. There really isn't a lot of public transport in the area so you actually do need a car if you stay here though.

The bathroom was nice and had a lot of counter space. The room was big and the tv was nice and had lots of HD cable channels, including HBO. I had the pool to myself pretty much the entire time I was there. They had free hot breakfast daily which includes scrambled eggs, turkey sausage, pork sausage, waffles, etc. The only thing I didn't like about it was there was some sort of funky smell in our room - I wasn't sure if it was the carpet or the linens. I asked them to change the linens and they did so promptly, and I think they put air freshener in the room as well. After that, it was a little tolerable.

I would definitely stay here again if I come back to Anaheim.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the freeway.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Hi Buttercup1211,

I am so glad we had the opportunity to have you as our guests and that you enjoyed your stay. Our location is indeed convenient to variety of stores and restaurants and I am glad to see you enjoyed our breakfast as well. I am curious as to what room number you had so that I can investigate further but I am so pleased to see that the staff was able to assist in making your stay more comfortable.

We look forward to having you as our guest again soon.