“Good convention spot!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Tennessee
“Good convention spot!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

The official convention hotels were sold out so I booked here based on TripAdvisor reviews. The hotel is an upgraded Holiday Inn Express that was converted to an Indigo at the end of 2013. It ended up being an ideal location for my trip. See the map I am attaching to this review. The Convention Center entrance (to Hall A) was an 8-10 minute walk, depending on how long it took to cross both Katella and Harbor (long lights!). The 7-Eleven across Harbor was very convenient and the Alerto's Mexican Food around the corner made for a good late-night snack.

GardenWalk is next door with several great restaurants (chains). And the entrance plaza to Disneyland/California Adventure was about a 15 minute walk up Harbor.

I did not drive but appreciated that the hotel offers free parking.

The bed was great!

So, why not a full five-dot rating? The WiFi was unusable. I would rather pay for WiFi and have it work than get "free WiFi" that does not connect. I called the front desk and was told "our WiFi is not for streaming. It's only for web surfing and email." I explained that I was trying to visit CNN.com, not Netflix, but they insisted the problem was on my end. I tried two devices. The signal strength was great but no data would transmit on the network. I had to tether my laptop through my phone instead. The clerk at checkout finally admitted they know they have WiFi issues, but that's hard to believe since the hotel is so new, and since WiFi is an essential element of a hotel stay now.

Also, I noticed that the door to my room (221) did not quite close by itself. I had to be careful to shut it behind me.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Melody_SL, Manager at Hotel Indigo Anaheim, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Thank you so much for the detailed comments regarding your recent stay with us. We are glad that you are satisfied with our location to Disneyland Theme Park entrance and posted a detailed map of our property. We also apologize for the Wi-Fi issue that you encountered during your stay and the inconvenience that caused. Please contact us directly if you would like to talk about the issue in further detail. We hope you will give another chance to make it up for your next stay.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (280)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Carlsbad, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

The location is great. There are wonderful restaurants ( The Cheesecake Factory, Roy's, Bubba Shrimp, California Pizza Kitchen) next door and the Disney Resort is a 10 minute walk. The staff is friendly, efficient and helpful. I needed help with my car battery and a staff member immediately came to my aid. The room was very clean, modern, comfortable and quiet. Because of the laminate flooring (which I prefer) versus carpeting, I heard occasional footsteps from the room above me- next time I will request a room on the top floor. The beds are COMFORTABLE and the linen are good quality. I would definitely stay here again and highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Call the hotel to request a room on the top floor.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for this magnificent review of Hotel Indigo Anaheim. We are very grateful about your appreciation of our high level of service, rooms, and the location. We sincerely welcome you to visit us again and try our restaurant Chamber Bar & Bistro next to the lobby that offers a variety of many selections based on our local neighborhood and vendors, such as our Chambers Burger and Herbed Salmon. We also apologize for the noise that comes from the top floor because of the wood floor and thank you so much for understanding. Your comments means a lot to us and will help us to improve! Meanwhile, we very much look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel!
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014

I chose Hotel Indigo when my usual hotel near Disneyland had no availability. The staff here are all very welcoming and friendly, from the front desk people to the restaurant staff to the housekeeping staff. Parking is mostly underground in large, well lit spaces. The rooms have hard flooring (wood or wood looking tile) and are clean. The beds are soft, clean and comfortable. There is a Keurig machine in each room with coffee, decaf and herbal tea choices. The bathroom has a walk in shower (so if you have really little ones who need a bathtub, this may be something to consider). The restaurant in the lobby is inviting and the choices are decent and moderately priced. The only down side to this hotel is the walk to Disneyland. With a younger child, the distance may be a problem (it only takes about ten minutes) if they aren't in a stroller. Otherwise, definitely consider a stay here! You won't be disappointed.

1 Thank Blessed_Travel_Buddy
We are very grateful that you chose our hotel for your vacation. We are delighted that you are satisfied with our service, room, and our facilities. Every team member of our property tries to provide the best service for our guests at every moment. There are about 10 to 15 minutes of walking distance from our property to Disneyland. The city also provides shuttle to the park entrance called the ART SHUTTLE. Thank you so much for your feedback again! We are looking forward to see you soon!
Tauranga, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014

Our extended family have booked to stay at Hotel Indigo in October, and the service has been great just doing the booking. Have been able to do direct emails to the Sales Team, and they have offered as much assistance as possible and super friendly. Can't wait to stay

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for your comment of our service before your stay. Every team members of our property try so hard to make all of our guests enjoy their hotel experience. We are sure that we will not disappoint during your stay! Please contact us if you have any other concerns or questions. We are looking forward to see you in October!
Sacramento, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014

Great stay at the Hotel Indigo. Everything was clean and taken care of. Easy FREE parking. Rooms were nicely decorated. Nearby food options were excellent as well with several choices within easy walking distance. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank numberssacto
Melody_SL, Manager at Hotel Indigo Anaheim, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. We are very glad to hear that you liked the rooms and the Garden Walk of Anaheim next door that offering great dining and shopping selections. We know that you have many choices for hotel accommodations when staying in the Anaheim area and we appreciate you giving us the opportunity to host your accommodations.
We look forward to your return visit with us and wish you a wonderful Monday.
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014

I stayed at the Hotel Indigo the night before the Disneyland Half Marathon in September 2013 right after the hotel finished remodeling. The race started super early (5 am?) and the front desk packed very thoughtful to-go breakfasts for all the runners. The hotel's new look is much hipper and nicer than the other hotels within walking distance to Disneyland. I'd totally recommend the Hotel Indigo to anyone who wants a weekend at Disneyland in a room that's more geared toward grownups than little kids. :)

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us in September last year. We are truly grateful to have hotel team members that enjoy being of service to our hotel guests and make you feel comfortable while staying with us. We know that you have many choices for hotel accommodations when staying in the Anaheim area and we appreciate you giving us the opportunity to host your accommodations.
We look forward to your return visit with us this year and wish you a wonderful Monday.
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

Top knotch hotel. Very pleased with the service. We had a late check in and they were ready for us. William the front desk guy even helped me carry bags out of my car. Best hotel experience in a while. I would recommend it to every one. Lastly I left my ipad and mac book there when I checked out. They called me and asked to ship it to me. Had to be the most honest place ever!!!

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank Rayray_3rd
Melody_SL, Manager at Hotel Indigo Anaheim, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. We are truly grateful to have hotel team members like William that enjoy being of service to our hotel guests and make you feel comfortable while staying with us. We know that you have many choices for hotel accommodations when staying in the Anaheim area and we appreciate you giving us the opportunity to host your accommodations.
We look forward to your return visit with us and wish you a fantastic Tuesday.