The official convention hotels were sold out so I booked here based on TripAdvisor reviews. The hotel is an upgraded Holiday Inn Express that was converted to an Indigo at the end of 2013. It ended up being an ideal location for my trip. See the map I am attaching to this review. The Convention Center entrance (to Hall A) was an 8-10 minute walk, depending on how long it took to cross both Katella and Harbor (long lights!). The 7-Eleven across Harbor was very convenient and the Alerto's Mexican Food around the corner made for a good late-night snack.
GardenWalk is next door with several great restaurants (chains). And the entrance plaza to Disneyland/California Adventure was about a 15 minute walk up Harbor.
I did not drive but appreciated that the hotel offers free parking.
The bed was great!
So, why not a full five-dot rating? The WiFi was unusable. I would rather pay for WiFi and have it work than get "free WiFi" that does not connect. I called the front desk and was told "our WiFi is not for streaming. It's only for web surfing and email." I explained that I was trying to visit CNN.com, not Netflix, but they insisted the problem was on my end. I tried two devices. The signal strength was great but no data would transmit on the network. I had to tether my laptop through my phone instead. The clerk at checkout finally admitted they know they have WiFi issues, but that's hard to believe since the hotel is so new, and since WiFi is an essential element of a hotel stay now.
Also, I noticed that the door to my room (221) did not quite close by itself. I had to be careful to shut it behind me.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Anaheim’s first upscale boutique hotel....the new Hotel Indigo Anaheim delivers a vibrant and refreshing guest experience. You are welcomed by agricultural murals and a stunning California themed garden enhanced in the evening by electrifying dancing waters. Enter the hotel and feel a contemporary neighborhood story of years past when Anaheim was a flourishing farming community.Hotel Indigo offers each guest a blend of modern contemporary living with the best in traditional hotel hospitality. Feel the warmth of hardwood floors to a plush over-sized duvet and pillows with spa-inspired showers...you'll feel right at home. Complimentary wireless Internet access throughout the hotel is at your fingertips or use our business center if you prefer.Whether your visiting the major attractions or looking for that hidden gastronomical gem Hotel Indigo Anaheim is your ideal choice. Families can be steps away from the maingate of the Disneyland Resort or if your visit brings you to Anaheim for a convention the Hotel Indigo Anaheim provides convenient walking access to the Anaheim Convention Center.Relax and enjoy a bite in our Chambers Bar & Bistro where you can savor locally inspired recipes and sip on specialty cocktails created by our mixologist. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Expedia and IHG so you can book your Hotel Indigo Anaheim reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Anaheim Maingate Hotel Anaheim
- Hotel Indigo Anaheim California