I stayed here on business and the Hotel caters mainly to Disney visitors I suspect, so I want the readers to fully appreciate that my 4 star rating would probably be a 5 Star if the trip was personal instead. Having said that here is my report:
We arrived just before noon in a large group (of 7 co-workers), and we had all requested King rooms which were not ready yet; which is not surprising since check-in is usually after noon. They gave us the 2 rooms they had and allowed us to leave our bags with them while we went and got the essentials and surveyed the conference center about a quarter mile down the road. When we got back, our rooms were ready and they apologized for delay (but they didn't need to).
The rooms are really quite nice. It reminds me of a nice boutique hotel in South Beach Miami honestly. The bed was very good, the bathroom was spotless, and the mini fridge worked and was quiet - what more could one want? Well I guess the one thing I wanted that Indigo didn't have was reliable wireless. Again, not a place that seems to focus on business clientele, but if you need to do work it's not happening here on the wireless.
My only gripe was the loud children that woke me up around 5:30 each morning. The kids could be very easily heard through the in-room partition doors. Cannot really blame them, I mean they are going to Disneyland for crying out loud. On that note, a few comments about the wonderful staff... I was groaning about the early morning wake up from the kids as we were walking out of the hotel and the desk person overheard. He immediately asked if I would like a different room! Unfortunately they were completely booked for the same type room, but I was very impressed by the initiative and thought. Additionally, the front desk was very good about local options and coordinating transportation. These people took their customer service job seriously - hope their boss/ bosses read these.
Awesome desk staff
Good location to both conference center and Disneyland
Can get a bit noisy
Wireless is hopeless
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Anaheim’s first upscale boutique hotel....the new Hotel Indigo Anaheim delivers a vibrant and refreshing guest experience. You are welcomed by agricultural murals and a stunning California themed garden enhanced in the evening by electrifying dancing waters. Enter the hotel and feel a contemporary neighborhood story of years past when Anaheim was a flourishing farming community.Hotel Indigo offers each guest a blend of modern contemporary living with the best in traditional hotel hospitality. Feel the warmth of hardwood floors to a plush over-sized duvet and pillows with spa-inspired showers...you'll feel right at home. Complimentary wireless Internet access throughout the hotel is at your fingertips or use our business center if you prefer.Whether your visiting the major attractions or looking for that hidden gastronomical gem Hotel Indigo Anaheim is your ideal choice. Families can be steps away from the maingate of the Disneyland Resort or if your visit brings you to Anaheim for a convention the Hotel Indigo Anaheim provides convenient walking access to the Anaheim Convention Center.Relax and enjoy a bite in our Chambers Bar & Bistro where you can savor locally inspired recipes and sip on specialty cocktails created by our mixologist. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Indigo Anaheim reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Anaheim Maingate Hotel Anaheim
- Hotel Indigo Anaheim California