“Very good and close to the parks”

Hotel Indigo Anaheim
Ranked #4 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Oslo, Norway
“Very good and close to the parks”
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

We were very happy with our two stays at Indigo. Both times our twin room was spacious, modern, tastefully decorated and clean. The bathroom is wonderfull. The beds very comfortable. The first time we got a room on the second floor with view of the Disney fireworks. This was much nicer than the room we got later on the first floor. All staff very friendly, especially breakfast waitress. Price is good value. We were four (2 adults and 2 children) in our twin room. (But got only 2 breakfast vouchers.) Location is also very good. A couple of blocks walk to the theme parks, or a 7-8 USD taxi ride.

Stayed June 2014
6 Thank Clara H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (287)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

I booked this hotel a week in advance online. We stayed in a double queen room. The room and bathroom were spotless. I love that the rooms have hardwood floors because I have allergies and carpet floors make them worse. The staff was courteous and attentive to our needs. It takes about 10-15 minutes walking to get to Disneyland. It is also situated around restaurants, a 7-11 and just across the street a CVS and a Walgreens are under construction. I will definitely recommend this hotel.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
5 Thank msbetty14
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Anaheim, responded to this review, 6 July 2014
Dear msbetty14,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. I am very delighted to know that our room worked for your needs and that you found our staff highly commendable. It is always motivating on our end to receive commendable feedback from our valued guests like you.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again in Anaheim.

Best Regards,

John O
Case Manager
IHGCare
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed 20 June 2014

We selected Hotel Indigo based on the Tripadvisor ratings and were really pleased with our stay. First of all the location is really excellent, only a ten minute walk to the Disneyland parks and short two minute stroll to a variety of family friendly restaurants. Our children were almost teenagers so happy with the walk but could be a stretch for children around the age of 5-7. Importantly, there are two convenience stores on the way to the parks where you can stock up with supplies of food and drinks for the day at reasonable prices. The room was very nicely appointed and large enough to hold two double beds and a fold out sofa bed, perfect for a family of four. The bathroom was great and the children loved the face towels fashioned in to an elephant, what a sweet touch! There was a nice restaurant beside the lobby with helpful service to get us quickly out the door to the park for the day. Actually all the staff were extremely helpful and friendly, which topped off the fantastic Disney experience. There is a small swimming pool which would be ideal to cool off after a hot day visiting the attractions. There are laundry facilities available for guest use but we didn't use these. Apparently you also get a good view of the fireworks from the rear facing rooms of the hotel. Ask to be away from the ice machine (which is in the hallway) if you are a light sleeper but this is a very minor point. Overalll, a highly recommended and value for money family option for a Disneyland visit.

Room Tip: Just a couple of tips. The ice machine is in the hallway and noisy so if you're a light sleeper...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank Catadams
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I recently stated several days at the Indigo Maingate. The staff of the hotel was extremely friendly and eager to please. They always seemed ready to help and wanted to be sure that guests had a pleasant experience. The room was clean and seemed fairly modern and I believe they recently renovated. (I stayed previously when it was still under construction). The beds were nice and the rooms of good size. Very modern bathroom. However, I was a little unnerved that the lock on the door of my room seemed to have issues that the staff could not seem to fix. My room was a ways from the front desk and after a long day at Disney schlepping back to the front desk because the door would not open was a little annoying. The staff wanted to help - giving me new keys, walking back with me to room to try them but, then the next time I went back to the room - same issue. This unfortunately continued for my entire stay sometimes taking minutes standing at the door of the room trying to get in. However, that was my only issue with the hotel. Free parking and free internet are a HUGE plus for this hotel as well. Most others in the Disneyland area charge you extra for parking and some for wifi. The hotel is an easy 5 - 10 minute walk to the front gate of Disneyland.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
5 Thank WaltNV
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Checked into this hotel in Anaheim for 3 nights on a long family holiday. We were going to Disneyland for 3 days and this hotel came up as one of the best ranked in the area. For 2 adults and 2 kids it worked well even though the room only came with 2 queen beds, the staff folded out a couch into a third bed which gave both kids a bed to themselves. Location was good as it was only a 15 minute walk to Disneyland and 5 minutes away from some good restaurants at the Anaheim Gardenwalk. Breakfast is not included but there is a small bar downstairs which sells meals. Overall it was a great place to base ourselves during our Disneyland adventure and it would beat all of the expensive Disney hotels on value for money!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank callanadams
Michigan
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I had to go to Anaheim for a conference, but all the hotels in the conference center were booked, so I ended up at the Hotel Indigo. I'm so glad I did! I requested a room on an upper floor (ended up on the 3rd) on the side that faced the Disney Fireworks, and that's exactly what we received. We had a beautiful view of the fireworks every night, but that's not the only reason this hotel is awesome.

To begin with, I've never stayed at a cleaner hotel. The floors are wood (or maybe laminate), and every day the cleaning staff mopped the floors and went inside the shower to clean it. I am a HUGE germaphobe, but I felt very comfortable here. Additionally, the beds were super comfortable, and my mom, who has a bad neck, slept well every night. The hotel isn't a mega-hotel, and it has a boutique-like feel with welcoming staff.

We didn't have a car so location was important, and the hotel was only about a 5 minute walk to the convention center, maybe 10 minutes to Disneyland, and not even 2 minutes to the Garden Walk. The staff also arranged for us to take a Starline tour to the San Diego Zoo.

I honestly can't say enough good things about this hotel's cleanliness and service. Definitely the place to stay in Anaheim.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the upper floors that faces the Disneyland fireworks.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
7 Thank c_juleski
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 17 June 2014

As a person who has to travel several times a year on business, having the right hotel room is key to an enjoyable and successful trip. Recently I had the chance to stay at the Hotel Indigo in beautiful Anaheim California.
The locale opened just over a year ago and is located within walking distance not only of Disneyland, but of the amazing Garden Walk which offers upscale dining, shopping, and entertainment for those looking for a break from work on theme parks.
The hotel has a very fresh and new look to it and the locale had plenty of underground parking as well as a few spaces at the street level. It is listed as the first Boutique hotel in Anaheim and having visited similar hotels in other cities, this one quickly impressed me.
My first impression of the lobby was very favorable as the desk was simple but functional but I noted the interactive video displays in the lobby which even allowed me to take and send a picture of myself while I waited.
The lobby is located next to Chambers Bar and Bistro which offers breakfast, lunch, and dinner options as well as drinks to guests on the go as well as those looking to relax and unwind.
After checking in, I made my way to my room and I decided to use the glass elevator which is located on the front side of the building and offered a great view of the street when I ascended.
Upon opening the door to my room, I was taken with the wonderful scent which I can best describe as a mix of flowers and fruit and the hardwood flooring.
The beds had very colorful and comfy throw pillows on them and the side wall had a very large and decorative mural which really added a nice ambience to the room.
After a long drive over to CA and a full day at a convention, rest was the key thing that I wanted but I opted to walk out and pick up some dinner which I enjoyed in my room as the hotel offered a flat screen television and plenty of channels to select from including HBO.
I decided to look out my window and see the fireworks from Disneyland that evening, and I was treated to a very enjoyable show while overlooking the pool and courtyard below.
The room had a very nice desk which was ideal to work from as well as free WiFi which allowed me to get some of my work done before settling in for the evening.
Most hotels offer in room coffee, but for a Keurig to be what was offered was a very pleasant surprise indeed as was the quality coffee and tea that was available.
The bathroom had luxury spa soaps, shampoo, conditioner and lotion and the fixtures were very modern including a raised and circular sink and a wooden shelf under the sink.
The shower had plenty of room and a hand held sprayer that mounted to the wall in addition to the traditional showerhead which gave me a very refreshing and good start to the day.
The next morning I went down to experience breakfast at 6:30 thanks to my timely wake up call, and was treated to a nice mix of eggs, bacon, potatoes, and toast as well as very fresh fruit and coffee. The head of the kitchen spoke with me while I dined and when I left, I was offered a cup of coffee to go which I gladly accepted for my drive downtown.
It is rare when you are out and about in So Cal that you look forward to getting back to your room but I can honestly say that I did so much so that I wrapped up my work earlier than expected and used that time to get back to the room.
I used the extra time to explore the pool area and noticed the onsite business center and health facilities as well as a nice relaxing nook overlooking the lobby which is perfect for reading. The large glass windows allowed for a pleasant amount of light and the dancing water fountains out front were a great touch as they perform to a combination of music and light every evening.
I ventured over to Downtown Disney to take in the excitement there of those going to and from the parks as well as checking out the shops and other attractions of this area. While it was tough not going into the parks like the kid in me wanted, the joy and fun of the place was still plentiful and I had a great time.
The next morning I enjoyed a breakfast of French Toast and fruit and once again was given a cup of coffee to go. Since I was on my way to Knotts Berry Farm to cover an early morning press event, it was a very welcome perk.
I noted that the hotel has an in room menu and that there are plenty of foods available for those on the go. There are two pharmacies under construction near the hotel and as I mentioned there are plenty of offsite dining options such as Asian, Mexican, Subway, and Italian very close by.
Since the hotel is located near Disneyland it is also not far from the Anaheim Convention Center so it is ideal for not only Disneyland but for events such as Blizzcon, D23, Star Wars Celebration, and Wondercon.
I really hated my stay to end as I wanted to share the experience with my wife who was unable to attend this trip due to a recent family emergency.
The wonderful accommodations, great location, and fantastic staff made this a very wonderful stay in Anaheim and I look forward to a future visit as it truly was a stay as wonderful and magical as the famous locale nearby.

Room Tip: If you do not mind noise, get one overlooking the pool and enjoy the fireworks.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business