“Can't Do Much Better Considering Price & Location”

Hotel Indigo Anaheim
Ranked #4 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
“Can't Do Much Better Considering Price & Location”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Can't spend $400 a night for a Disney Owned Hotel but don't want to stay in a Motel 6 either or stay miles from the park? Use to be Howard Johnson and Candy Cane Inn were your best choices. Add Hotel Indigo to the list. Overall I think HoJo still has the edge due to the pool area but Hotel Indigo is about the same walking distance but in a better location near better restaurants.

They've done a remarkably smart job remodeling what used to be a pretty mediocre property. The wood veneer floors were a very smart choice, no more carpets to get dirty and although you can't reconfigure the rooms, they really thought things through to make the most of a fairly small standard hotel room layout. Really nice job on the bathrooms. This hotel should be a model for other properties on how to best renovate an old hotel room. And you don't really need a big room, you're only going to be sleeping there really.

Front Desk staff was extremely efficient, professional, and friendly. Pool area, as mentioned, is very small and basic. I got a good laugh out of watching the big fountain show they have out front. If you are planning to let the kids play at the pool for part of the day, I think the Howard Johnson is a better choice. If you want to be within a very short walk of more upscale restaurants like PF Changs and Roy's (instead of McDonalds and iHop near HoJo), this is the better choice (although you could walk from HoJo but it would probably be at least a half hour walk.)

8 Thank jellyb

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (288)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Fremont, California
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Hotel has been recently remodeled and has a trendy feel. Staffs are very courteous.
Free parking is definitely a plus since DisnelyLand's Maingate is within half a mile.
Only concern is there will be enough parking space once it has full occupancy.

6 Thank Szepak C
Adelaide
Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed for 5 nights and were very impressed with this hotel. The most impressive was the staff, who were so friendly and happy for you to be here, and were extremely genuine and thoughtful to their guests. Arthur and all the front staff were very accommodating and helpful with any questions we had. I like the boutique feel of the hotel and attention to detail.

The location is excellent due to its proximity to Disneyland and surrounding restaurants. The room itself was very comfortable and spacious. We had a great nights sleep.

Thanks for a great stay, and I will definitely pick this hotel again when I come back to Anaheim :)

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Adeleen
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Indigo Anaheim is a relatively small hotel and just the way we like it as there are no crowds or lines. We stayed a total of 10 nights. For the first part of our stay, we had a Family Studio but it was not available during the second part of our stay so we had a room with two Queen sized beds instead. The main difference between them is the separate sitting area (also the pull out sofa bed) with a coffee table and a second flat screen television you get in the Family Studio.

The rooms are spacious and clean. We loved the fresh, crisp bed linens and the super comfortable beds. We slept very well every night.

We had dinner at Chambers Bar & Bistro twice and once for breakfast. The manager, Oscar was very accommodating when we arrived near closing time one evening and waited patiently for us to order and have our meals. On the second occasion, he knew we loved the shrimp with rice and gave us extra rice. We really appreciate his sweet gesture. Thumbs up!

The Front Desk staff were always helpful when we had to make bookings for day tours and tickets for attractions. When we asked for an empty box to pack our purchases from the trip, a large clean box was sent straight to our room on the same afternoon. It was a tad too big and they got us another one immediately. When I ran out of quarters for the coin operated washing machine, the Front Desk did not have any to change with me. Khalil ran over to the hotel next door to change for me!

To me, the service level at Indigo Anaheim is first class. They listen, anticipate guests' needs and truly do their best to meet the guests' needs.

One suggestion to the management is to improve the ventilation in the guest laundry room. I used the laundry room thrice and felt I was in a sauna every time.

9 Thank HappyRoadTrips
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 June 2014

OMG this is an AWESOME hotel! I loved it for these reasons:

1. My twin room was immaculately clean and so was the whole hotel. And my room was VERY large & spacious too.
2. My bathroom had a walk in shower and the shower pressure was great!
3. FREE wifi (and a fast connection).
4. Everyone in the hotel was VERY friendly, helpful and gracious - the front desk staff, the restaurant staff and the maids!
5. The hotel has a pool and a mini spa hot tub.
6. A gym.
7. There's a laundry room ($2 to wash, $2 to dry). They also have a laundry / dry cleaning service which I didn't ask for so I don't know how much that is.
8. The hotel is literally about 10 minutes walk from Disneyland and California Adventure Park. It's so close by and on the way to the parks there's lots of restaurants and convenience shops so it's a nice walk down with all the palm trees too!
9. The hotel has a mini fountain light show with music outside which is adorable and it catches a lot of attention.
10. The restaurant food is really nice. I had breakfast.

I might be missing something but rest assured that whatever I missed out here, it was a good point. I found NO fault with this hotel whatsoever. I remember when I was booking this hotel it was a toss up between this and the Hilton but I chose this hotel because it was cheaper and it said it had free wifi. I'm so glad I made that choice.

Anytime I'm back in Anaheim I wouldn't hesitate to book with this hotel again. I'm even looking to see if there are other Indigo hotels in other destinations I plan to visit. This hotel has left a good impression on me!

Thank you for an amazing stay Indigo Anaheim!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
8 Thank livinglifefun
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 23 June 2014

we are a family of 4 with kids of 7 and 5 y.o. we booked the suite which accommodates up to 6 pax using the Friends and Family rate. the only reason i booked Hotel Indigo is because it was fairly new (newly renovated) and it says that its a few minutes walk from Disney Main Gate. i was quite hesitant since it only shows 3-star class rating and since this was a long-planned vacation, i wanted it to be extra special and even considered booking the Disney Resort hotels. good things i did not coz we saved a lot by booking this hotel

The room was on the second floor. it was big and spacious and clean. modern decorations and the location was around 15 minutes walk from Disney Main gate. we walked several times, we also tried taking a cab once during park closing hours, it took us quite some time to find a cab though. we also tried taking a shuttle which took even longer because it went around the whole complex. we also tried taking our car and parking it, the parking area is already quite a walk from the park, thus, the best way is really to just walk from the hotel.

this hotel is right next to the Garden Walk which had lots of restaurants. it was also beside a Cheesecake Factory restaurant. there is also several 7-11 outlets across the street and since my daughter is very particular with taking Asian food, there was this chinese restaurant beside the hotel that we usually order and bring into the park.

i highly recommend this hotel. i would give it 5 stars if only it was a bit closer to the Main Gate. i don't mind walking from the hotel to the resort, but to walk from the resort back to the hotel when the kids are tired and sleepy was quite an ordeal.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
7 Thank luxe_mom
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

We were very happy with our two stays at Indigo. Both times our twin room was spacious, modern, tastefully decorated and clean. The bathroom is wonderfull. The beds very comfortable. The first time we got a room on the second floor with view of the Disney fireworks. This was much nicer than the room we got later on the first floor. All staff very friendly, especially breakfast waitress. Price is good value. We were four (2 adults and 2 children) in our twin room. (But got only 2 breakfast vouchers.) Location is also very good. A couple of blocks walk to the theme parks, or a 7-8 USD taxi ride.

Stayed June 2014