Can't spend $400 a night for a Disney Owned Hotel but don't want to stay in a Motel 6 either or stay miles from the park? Use to be Howard Johnson and Candy Cane Inn were your best choices. Add Hotel Indigo to the list. Overall I think HoJo still has the edge due to the pool area but Hotel Indigo is about the same walking distance but in a better location near better restaurants.
They've done a remarkably smart job remodeling what used to be a pretty mediocre property. The wood veneer floors were a very smart choice, no more carpets to get dirty and although you can't reconfigure the rooms, they really thought things through to make the most of a fairly small standard hotel room layout. Really nice job on the bathrooms. This hotel should be a model for other properties on how to best renovate an old hotel room. And you don't really need a big room, you're only going to be sleeping there really.
Front Desk staff was extremely efficient, professional, and friendly. Pool area, as mentioned, is very small and basic. I got a good laugh out of watching the big fountain show they have out front. If you are planning to let the kids play at the pool for part of the day, I think the Howard Johnson is a better choice. If you want to be within a very short walk of more upscale restaurants like PF Changs and Roy's (instead of McDonalds and iHop near HoJo), this is the better choice (although you could walk from HoJo but it would probably be at least a half hour walk.)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Anaheim’s first upscale boutique hotel....the new Hotel Indigo Anaheim delivers a vibrant and refreshing guest experience. You are welcomed by agricultural murals and a stunning California themed garden enhanced in the evening by electrifying dancing waters. Enter the hotel and feel a contemporary neighborhood story of years past when Anaheim was a flourishing farming community.Hotel Indigo offers each guest a blend of modern contemporary living with the best in traditional hotel hospitality. Feel the warmth of hardwood floors to a plush over-sized duvet and pillows with spa-inspired showers...you'll feel right at home. Complimentary wireless Internet access throughout the hotel is at your fingertips or use our business center if you prefer.Whether your visiting the major attractions or looking for that hidden gastronomical gem Hotel Indigo Anaheim is your ideal choice. Families can be steps away from the maingate of the Disneyland Resort or if your visit brings you to Anaheim for a convention the Hotel Indigo Anaheim provides convenient walking access to the Anaheim Convention Center.Relax and enjoy a bite in our Chambers Bar & Bistro where you can savor locally inspired recipes and sip on specialty cocktails created by our mixologist. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HRS, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel Indigo Anaheim reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Anaheim Maingate Hotel Anaheim
- Hotel Indigo Anaheim California