We stayed here November 5 - 9, 2011. I agree with the other reviewers about not needing anything fancy when the purpose of your trip is to visit Disneyland. The only thing I missed at this hotel was some sort of breakfast/restaurant. One morning we went to the gift shop and paid $6 for a package of 6 stale bagels - ugh. However, Mimi's Cafe is right across the street and has good food. There is also a McDonalds down the road. Our room had an extra sink outside of the bathroom which is very handy with a family of four and everyone wanting to use the sink at the same time. The hotel staff are all very friendly and helpful. We spent very little time in the room, but it was clean and sufficient. The bathroom looked a little dated and needs an upgrade. We paid for a Queen Superior room with a view of Disneyland but we couldn't see much and our room was at the very end of the building so we did hear freeway noise, especially at night. Fortunately, we were so tired at the end of the day it didn't matter. The pool/spray park was on winter hours, so closed at 6 pm and didn't open until after we had left for Disneyland so our kids really had no opportunity to use it. Winter hours might make sense for Californians but we are Canadian so to us it's still pretty warm! I believe the pool was open a bit longer. All in all, we would stay there again - it's excellent value for the money (we got the Entertainment card rate - a real deal!).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just an 8-minute walk from Disneyland Park, this non-smoking family resort hotel features Castaway Cove - A Watery Pirate Playground! With slides, drench bucket, water canons, jacuzzi, toddler's wading pool and more, Castaway Cove is a great place for your whole family to play together! Also nestled within the lush, park-like grounds is the family friendly Garden Pool! With free parking, fridges and internet- HoJo Anaheim is the perfect choice for your family adventure! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), HotelsClick, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Howard Johnson Anaheim Hotel and Water Playground reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel And Water Playground - Anaheim / Disneyland Park
- Howard Johnson Anaheim Hotel And Water Playground California
- Anaheim Howard Johnson
- Howard Johnson Hotel Anaheim California