This has been our favorite place to stay for over 5 years now. I wrote a review several years ago about their great customer service, but we have stayed at least a dozen times since then so I feel it is time for an updated review. Our favorite features of this place: Free parking and plenty of it, free wifi that works great, same walking distance to the entrance of Disneyland as the Disneyland Hotel, a large jacuzzi that is open until midnight, and a variety of types of rooms for different needs and different budgets.
Huge budget or very large group:large suites not usually listed online, call for info
Low budget: rooms for 4 for less than $100 - but they are often on the highway side. This can be a great deal, if the traffic noise does not bother you.
Medium budgets: Deluxe and Premium rooms. The premium rooms often have a Disney view and are quite nice. We found the deluxe rooms similiar, but without the Disney view.
A tip on saving $ - they offer several discounts-AAA and annual passholders are the ones we usually use, but I suggest you call and ask what they offer if these do not apply to you.
A note on breakfast: This property does not serve breakfast, they don't need to. They have a great gift shop with many snacks, cereals, sandwiches and microwave cuisine. If this won't do, they are a dozen restaurants between the Hojo and the park on your walk. If you cross Manchester, the small side road in front of the hotel office, there is a Mimis and Millies and both seem comfortable packing stuff to go. A Dennys, Ihop, Mcdonalds, and a few others can be reached in a very easy walk, less than 3-5 minutes by foot.
Keep in mind that in reality, any hotel that serves breakfast includes it in their cost, one way or another and we just rarely find it to be convenient or a good value. We are either sleeping in from a late night and skipping breakfast, or going for a really early morning, way before many hotels even start their breakfast
Other perks: a cool pirate themed playground, fridges, coffee pots, and microwaves in all rooms, clean rooms with great bedding, and it is rather quiet for a Disney area property due to the indoor corridors.
This place is always our 1st choice. When we stay anywhere else by Disneyland, we find that they rarely live up to this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just an 8-minute walk from Disneyland Park, this non-smoking family resort hotel features Castaway Cove - A Watery Pirate Playground! With slides, drench bucket, water canons, jacuzzi, toddler's wading pool and more, Castaway Cove is a great place for your whole family to play together! Also nestled within the lush, park-like grounds is the family friendly Garden Pool! With free parking, fridges and internet- HoJo Anaheim is the perfect choice for your family adventure! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Howard Johnson Anaheim Hotel and Water Playground reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel And Water Playground - Anaheim / Disneyland Park
- Howard Johnson Anaheim Hotel And Water Playground California
- Howard Johnson Hotel Anaheim California
- Anaheim Howard Johnson