We stayed at this hotel for 8 nights - we scored a great deal using the Mousesavers code and booked very early, so got a great deal on our Two-Bedroom Kids Suite (just over $150/night). For having two separate bedrooms and bathrooms, its proximity to the park (15min walk with young kids) and Mimi's restaurant (excellent food), reasonably comfortable beds, water park/pool, well-stocked convenience store, and good customer service, that price would be pretty hard to beat! Since we have two toddlers we really wanted a room with a second bedroom for nap time, so this was a great reasonably-priced option for us.
I was concerned about reviews that mentioned the traffic noise in these Kids Suites (they all face the freeway), but the new windows they've put in make all the difference. Very quiet. BUT (one thing I wish I had known) was that they block the wifi signal. After spending 2 days on the phone with offsite tech support, the front desk told me all I had to do was open the new windows and the problem was solved. They should tell you that when you check in so you don't waste any time...especially if you have to work on your holiday like I did!
One small irritation was the paper cups they give you instead of glass or plastic. The maids change them every day since they get soggy, and each one is wrapped in plastic. Very environmentally unfriendly. :(
We wound up extending our trip by a couple of nights, and there were no Kids Suites available, so we decided to move to the Disneyland-owned Paradise Pier as a splurge. I've always wanted to stay in one of the Disney hotels, but now I know why I don't. After seeing our giant bill from PP upon check out we really realized how spoiled we had been at Hojo's.
A special shout-out to Kriss in reservations who promptly answered my endless emails friendly and efficiently and really helped us plan our trip. She was so helpful, thank you!
Would definitely stay here again with my young kids, no question.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just an 8-minute walk from Disneyland Park, this non-smoking family resort hotel features Castaway Cove - A Watery Pirate Playground! With slides, drench bucket, water canons, jacuzzi, toddler's wading pool and more, Castaway Cove is a great place for your whole family to play together! Also nestled within the lush, park-like grounds is the family friendly Garden Pool! With free parking, fridges and internet- HoJo Anaheim is the perfect choice for your family adventure! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Howard Johnson Anaheim Hotel and Water Playground reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel And Water Playground - Anaheim / Disneyland Park
- Howard Johnson Anaheim Hotel And Water Playground California
- Howard Johnson Hotel Anaheim California
- Anaheim Howard Johnson