We stayed at this HoJo from Dec 3-6 2013. We were in one of the two level buildings, not the tall tower. I really can't say enough good things about this gem! We've been to Disneyland 4 times in the past 6 yrs (yes, we're lucky people!). We've stayed at all 3 Disney properties, The original Disneyland Hotel, Paradise Pier and The Grand Californian. We've also stayed at the Fairfield Inn. I think I like point form, so here goes.
-A 5 minute walk to the main entrance of Disneyland!
-Very quick and easy check-in
-We were able to get an early check-in, which was so helpful
-Grounds decorated very nicely for Christmas
-This hotel is far from new, but kept very, very nicely
-Our room was SO bright! Two big curved windows at each side, let in tons of natural light
-Can't put my finger on it, but we were just so comfortable in this room. Felt like home!
-Both my husband and myself are very picky about a comfortable bed, we both liked the beds! (had a room with 2 double beds, were travelling with our 9 yr old)
-I saw zero bugs, as someone else said they saw.
-Very efficient Daniel, at front desk, saved the day!! My husband had left some very personal papers by the computer in the front lobby, lots of personal info. Daniel scooped them up, and put them away safely and left us a voicemail, letting us know he had found them. Thanks for caring Daniel!
Overall, this hotel was great! For the exorbitant amount of money charged by Disneyland hotels, I would not be able to justify staying in one of those again, when this one is really strong, in all the really important areas.
-Doors to the rooms close loudly, but I find this problem in any hotel that's more than a couple of years old.
-One of the cleaners used in the hotel was a bit strong smelling, just at times. I never noticed it in our room, just in the hall on occasion. BUT I do have a very sensitive nose! My husband didn't notice it at all.
SO… a very short 'con' list. Would we stay again? Absolutely. Recommend it to family and friends? In a heartbeat!
My rule of thumb when looking at reviews on Tripadvisor, is to go with the majority. There's always going to be a few people that had a bad experience, even at the priciest, fanciest hotels on the planet. Oh! Important to keep in mind.. If you notice that a couple of the hotels near Disneyland have really high ratings, just make sure you're comparing apples to apples. Some of those hotels only have a handful of reviews, making their odds of getting a high rating, quite a bit easier. Hope this helps! ( never dined at the restaurant or used child service, so can't vouch for it).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just an 8-minute walk from Disneyland Park, this non-smoking family resort hotel features Castaway Cove - A Watery Pirate Playground! With slides, drench bucket, water canons, jacuzzi, toddler's wading pool and more, Castaway Cove is a great place for your whole family to play together! Also nestled within the lush, park-like grounds is the family friendly Garden Pool! With free parking, fridges and internet- HoJo Anaheim is the perfect choice for your family adventure! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Howard Johnson Anaheim Hotel and Water Playground reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel And Water Playground - Anaheim / Disneyland Park
- Howard Johnson Anaheim Hotel And Water Playground California
- Howard Johnson Hotel Anaheim California
- Anaheim Howard Johnson