After much research of every hotel across the street from The Disney resorts and based on all the really good Tripadvisor reviews, my family of four just stayed for 5 nights at HoJo. It's a good hotel but not great. Hotel could definitely use freshening up as walls had black streak marks, furniture appeared worn, & bathroom ceiling had spots where paint was peeling. All not major issues but factors into the overall feel.
We had a high floor room facing the freeway in building 1 and the great thing was, you could barely hear the cars driving. The bad part was the floors are somewhat thin so we could hear neighbors above stomping around very easily. I'm not joking when I say it sounded like really loud base in a car was going off with the jumping & running that kept me up. I had to call the front desk a couple of nights to ask for them to call above.
The bathroom is small. Could barely maneuver around the door it give my kids baths & I am not a big person. There is 1 sink in the bathroom & another sink just outside.
They actually have a little sign that says if you can't give 5 stars on Tripadvisor, let them know & they will make it right. Although I can appreciate that, it just didn't make sense to me to repack everything I had unpacked to get moved to another room that probably wasn't going to be much better.
The walk wasn't too bad but there were a couple of times where I thought it would've been very convenient to have stayed directly across the street. The extra couple hundred feet can make a difference & I'm in pretty good shape.
We didn't take advantage of the water park but it looked really fun for kids. The convenience store inside building 1 was very well stocked. It wasn't the typical little store with just some basics. It had a good amount of food items as well as Disney souvenirs.
Overall, a decent stay at good rates but not sure if I would stay again. May possibly consider reserving the 2 room bunkbed suite for next year or try the Double Tree down the street as I have had great experiences with Hilton hotels.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just an 8-minute walk from Disneyland Park, this non-smoking family resort hotel features Castaway Cove - A Watery Pirate Playground! With slides, drench bucket, water canons, jacuzzi, toddler's wading pool and more, Castaway Cove is a great place for your whole family to play together! Also nestled within the lush, park-like grounds is the family friendly Garden Pool! With free parking, fridges and internet- HoJo Anaheim is the perfect choice for your family adventure! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Ebookers, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Howard Johnson Anaheim Hotel and Water Playground reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel And Water Playground - Anaheim / Disneyland Park
- Howard Johnson Anaheim Hotel And Water Playground California
- Howard Johnson Hotel Anaheim California
- Anaheim Howard Johnson