For our second trip to Disneyland we decided to forgo the Disney hotels and see what the non-Disney hotels had to offer. We were pleasantly surprised. It was a fair bit cheaper, and the 10 minute walk was the same or shorter than Paradise Pier to the gates of Disneyland. Our room was in what appeared to be an older building, but it was clean. It was a "deluxe" room, which apparently just means it faces away from the adjacent freeway so it's quieter. There is no "free" breakfast but we made do with groceries, the mini room fridge and coffeemaker. The waterpark was operating but since we were visiting in February and the weather was on the cool side it wasn't high on our list. Not sure exactly when people would use it since aren't you supposed to spend every waking hour at Disneyland? The hotel shop offered a few items in a pinch, but get your real groceries elsewhere. Staff were friendly and helpful, but we didn't need to call on them often, likely because all our needs were met. Oh, and the other advantage of staying on this side of Disneyland? South Harbor Boulevard is lined with restaurants and little shops. It's not Downtown Disney fancy, but there's more to meet the needs of hungry and tired families without breaking the bank on this side of the park. All within walking distance. Would stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just an 8-minute walk from Disneyland Park, this non-smoking family resort hotel features Castaway Cove - A Watery Pirate Playground! With slides, drench bucket, water canons, jacuzzi, toddler's wading pool and more, Castaway Cove is a great place for your whole family to play together! Also nestled within the lush, park-like grounds is the family friendly Garden Pool! With free parking, fridges and internet- HoJo Anaheim is the perfect choice for your family adventure! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Howard Johnson Anaheim Hotel and Water Playground reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel And Water Playground - Anaheim / Disneyland Park
- Howard Johnson Anaheim Hotel And Water Playground California
- Anaheim Howard Johnson
- Howard Johnson Hotel Anaheim California