We stayed at the Disneyland Hotel a year ago and dare I say, I actually preferred HOJO?! I actually felt that HOJO was cleaner in addition to being more affordable. It was, believe it or not, more convenient than DLH on several levels. When we stayed at DLH last year, it was nightmare to leave the property in our vehicle and return - very time consuming. At HOJO the car was nearby and we could quickly get on and off the property. Also, when we ran out of water at DLH, it was insane how much a bottle on the property cost. Even for Disney. At HOJO, it was only $1.50 in the vending machine. The beds were comfortable. The staff we encountered were all very friendly and attentive. In fact, the housekeeper reported the shower drain that was slightly slow and had maintenance come to fix it before I even got around to notify the front desk of the issue. Never have I encountered that. The walk to Disney was just as convenient as when we stayed at the DLH. Mimi's is right across the street so when the kids wanted a quick breakfast we just placed an take-out order online and it was ready for pick-up in 20 mins. I just walked over and grabbed our order as the everyone was getting ready to head to the park for the day. The kids enjoyed the waterpark, too. It's not as large as the one at the DLH, but they had a good time without complaint. The only thing that was a little shocking to me was that the bathroom seemed a little outdated. The shower/tub seemed updated but the rest didn't. It's not a deal breaker for me though because it was very clean and well maintained - just not as aesthetically pleasing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just an 8-minute walk from Disneyland Park, this non-smoking family resort hotel features Castaway Cove - A Watery Pirate Playground! With slides, drench bucket, water canons, jacuzzi, toddler's wading pool and more, Castaway Cove is a great place for your whole family to play together! Also nestled within the lush, park-like grounds is the family friendly Garden Pool! With free parking, fridges and internet- HoJo Anaheim is the perfect choice for your family adventure! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Howard Johnson Anaheim Hotel and Water Playground reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel And Water Playground - Anaheim / Disneyland Park
- Howard Johnson Anaheim Hotel And Water Playground California
- Howard Johnson Hotel Anaheim California
- Anaheim Howard Johnson