This hotel is strongly campaigning for guests to review and give it 5, but with some justification, particularly in the context of the extremely reasonable pricing for a clean and comfortable room close to Disneyland. It is a mid century hotel complex with a number of buildings set into gardens, slightly groovy in a retro kind of way that reminds me of childhood holidays. That feeling continues in the rooms which are not at all trendy or fancy but exceptionally clean, spacious and functional, which is much more important. The hotel is at the end of the strip opposite Disneyland, but the walk is fine - in fact it is better located than at least two of the Disney hotels in my opinion - and compared to the Disney hotels the value for money is really phenomenal. Special mention needs to be given to the kids' "pirate pool" area, which, although not huge, is very clean and well run, with fresh warm towels available and a supervisor on duty at the water slide. Downsides: number one for me was that on arriving after midnight (through no fault of our own - remind me to review Karmel airport shuttles separately!) we were prevented from entering the hotel foyer and I had to transact a lengthy and bureaucratic check in through a glass window in the wall, while standing outside shivering and holding a sleepy three year old. Not ideal - we were clearly not a security threat and could have been allowed in when I asked. Also, unlike some reviewers, we could hear the traffic noise from the freeway - in fact it was too loud for us in the first room we had, waking us before 6 am. Hotel staff were helpful in response and moved us to another room - still noisy but less so, and we were also told that a central room (considered a lower grade room, smaller and with no microwave) would have been even less noisy. I also see from other reviews that some rooms have a view of the fireworks - was not aware of this or would have asked for it. We will definitely stay here again, and in fact can't wait to return to Disneyland, so hope it will not be too long!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just an 8-minute walk from Disneyland Park, this non-smoking family resort hotel features Castaway Cove - A Watery Pirate Playground! With slides, drench bucket, water canons, jacuzzi, toddler's wading pool and more, Castaway Cove is a great place for your whole family to play together! Also nestled within the lush, park-like grounds is the family friendly Garden Pool! With free parking, fridges and internet- HoJo Anaheim is the perfect choice for your family adventure! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your Howard Johnson Anaheim Hotel and Water Playground reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel And Water Playground - Anaheim / Disneyland Park
- Howard Johnson Anaheim Hotel And Water Playground California
- Anaheim Howard Johnson
- Howard Johnson Hotel Anaheim California