We spent 5 nights at the Howard Johnson in June. We chose it due to its great reviews, water play area, and proximity to Disneyland. The hotel did not disappoint!
Water Play Area:
My son loved the Pirate's Cove water play area, and it was perfectly arranged so my husband and I could relax in the hot tub while watching him play. (Great idea!)
Staff and Rooms
The staff was friendly, and check-in was super easy. We had requested a room with a good view of the park and were pleasantly surprised when we were put on the top floor with an unobstructed view of the fireworks! Thanks so much! (If you stay on floor 7 of the main building, be warned that light will flood your room early in the morning, since the top windows have no blinds or drapes due to the design of the top floor.) We knew about this from reading other reviews, so were prepared. It really didn't bother us much, since were were waking up early to go to the park each morning anyway. Our room had everything we needed - a fridge, microwave and plenty of storage space. The housekeeping was amazing. The hotel has an "express service", that you can indicate by placing a special card on your door when you leave in the morning. This notes that your room will be cleaned by 1 p.m., which works out great if you're coming back to nap or eat during the middle of the day. Our room was always serviced on-time!
Hotel and Grounds
The gift shop is well stocked and reasonably priced, and seemed to always be open when we needed something.The grounds of the hotel are beautifully landscaped. You can tell that management takes pride in the hotel's appearance and amenities. The hotel does not have a restaurant onsite, but there are several restaurants and a McDonald's within walking distance.
Getting to Disney
You can easily walk to the park in about 8-10 minutes. This was such a benefit, because we were able to come back to the hotel to relax or eat and then go back to the park later.
We had a fantastic stay and would definitely stay here again! The only improvement I would suggest is an upgrade to the Wi-Fi. It had a spotty reception, but we didn't use it much since we weren't in the room very often.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just an 8-minute walk from Disneyland Park, this non-smoking family resort hotel features Castaway Cove - A Watery Pirate Playground! With slides, drench bucket, water canons, jacuzzi, toddler's wading pool and more, Castaway Cove is a great place for your whole family to play together! Also nestled within the lush, park-like grounds is the family friendly Garden Pool! With free parking, fridges and internet- HoJo Anaheim is the perfect choice for your family adventure! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Howard Johnson Anaheim Hotel and Water Playground reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel And Water Playground - Anaheim / Disneyland Park
- Howard Johnson Anaheim Hotel And Water Playground California
- Anaheim Howard Johnson
- Howard Johnson Hotel Anaheim California