“Would go again”

Howard Johnson Anaheim Hotel and Water Playground
Ranked #19 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed 23 July 2014

This charming hotel is just a walk away from Disneyland and has several restaurants in the vicinity. The rooms are clean and the beds are comfortable, the room has a minifidge, a microwave, a coffee maker and a TV. The rooms have air conditioning and most have balconies. Some of the young children were annoying when you left the room because there was a pool, or they just came back from Disney land. I would go again and I recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to stay near Disneyland in LA.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

We have stayed at this hotel 2 times in the last 5 years.Both times have been a fantastic time.10 minute walk from the Disneyland gates, Mimi's across the street.Also has a in house little store with drinks, including beers etc.
Small waterpark to entertain the kids with tables and chairs for the adults.Rooms have always been clean and very nice help.
This is the only place we will stay for Disneyland trips.We never even look anywhere else

Room Tip: Reserve early enough to get on the proper side.You can watch the Disneyland fireworks right from you...
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We stayed at this hotel July 6-13. It was close enough to Disneyland for us that we would come back to the hotel in the afternoon so the kids could swim and cool off and would head back to Disneyland at supper. We had two double beds and the room was spacious. The mini fridge was nice to store water and snacks in. If you read the room descriptions, microwaves are available but in the queen bed rooms. We knew that ahead of time so no microwave wasn't a big deal. Staff were friendly and helpful with any questions we had. We stayed in building 3 on the second (top) floor away from the water park and heard no noise whatsoever. The kids absolutely loved the water park (and I did too lol)! We have absolutely no complaints about our stay and would book again in a heart beat. Thanks Hojo for helping make our first family Disneyland holiday awesome!

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Wranglergirl358
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We stayed for 7 days July 11 -18. The staff members were friendly and helpful. During check in the receptionist offered to change my discount from AAA to Season Passholder which saved me an additional 10%. I didn’t even know I could get a Season Passholder discount, I was pleasantly surprised. He also offered us a room farther from the freeway, which we accepted, however the noise was still noticeable. In fact, the vibrations from the freeway could be felt as well. I was prepared for the outdated decor and the dome widows near the ceiling without curtains after reading the reviews; however, I did not know that people could see through those windows directly into the room, specifically the bed. While lying in bed I could see other guests on their patios. This could be a problem for people who don’t sleep with clothes on or expect privacy while in bed. The room was spacious and clean, although I was surprised to find no microwave. The water park was excellent, the kids loved it. My only complaint was when housekeeping serviced our room despite the do not disturb sign. I recommend using the in room safe. Overall our stay was decent.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

I had stayed at this hotel many times in the past years but not for a long time. We were so excited to return and share in the magic this hotel once gave us. Even though check-in was quick and easy my heart sunk when I entered the room itself. The hotel boasts itself as Retro fun and I must say retro was the key word . The room was worn and the bathroom was small and dated. I phoned down to the front desk and asked if they had any other rooms. I had booked so far in advance to be in the corner overlooking the roof of the check in building was unacceptable. They were quite surprised that it wasn't to my satisfaction and I asked if they had a room in the same building higher up and brighter. There wasn't anything so we decided to try the other building moving from building 1 to 2. This room was on the ground floor, very dark, low ceiling the the toilet was so close to the wall you almost sat on the TP roll. Since I had a recent knee replacement and would be spending lots of time in the room I was very saddened by the rooms offered at such a high price. My family were very supportive and we drove to the Sheraton at the Park and moved the next day to a lovely bright room with a fireworks view. The HoJo said it wants to be a 5 star but I can only say a waterpark doesn't make everyone happy. Get your rooms updated!!! To the manager: not handling our concerns yourself and having staff quote you did nothing to making us feel welcome. Wifi though free was not the best. Did have a lovely swim in the pool though.

Room Tip: Away from the freeway. Building one or two in the center of the building higher up.
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Took my family to Disneyland between July 13 and 17 and stayed at this Hotel, instead of at one of the Disneyland Hotels whose rooms are too small for families and have no kitchen accommodations unless you can book a suite which is difficult unless you have a year to plan. It is an easy distance to the parks and that made it possible to come back and let kids swim for a break. WiFi did not work at all in the room and i work so this was critical. Bought an ATT hotspot to keep going, so bring one with you. Management did adjust my bill however and tried twice to fix it. Roooms are good sized and clean, comfortable. Water park is much smaller than pictured, but kids had a good time in the pool everyday. Kitchen is totally inadequate, no cups cutlery even bottle openers included. All in all if you are in to no frills, this is a fair value but management should tell you you need to bring silverware, etc. My impression is that they have a huge theft problem. They are building a new facility right across the street which will be all suites so will consider returning to the new facility in a couple of years when i can stand the crowds in Disneyland again.

Room Tip: We actually had a great one bedroom suite which slept five easily. we were overlooing the back pool...
Reviewed 18 July 2014

We had the best time at this resort. Walking distance to Disneyland parks and plenty of restaurants and other activities. The water park is great way to take time out from the theme parks. Rooms were a bit dated but had everything you needed and very comfortable. Free wifi was handy. Would definitely stay again.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family