My family and I stayed here for 4 nights, "Superior" Room in Building 1 facing Disney with 2 Queen Beds. We were very pleased. Rooms were clean. There was a refrigerator and coffee maker in the room. I did use a discount code that I found online and was able to get the price down to $177/night from the original $209/night.
It's about a block and a half to walk to the Disney entrance. We were able to watch the fireworks every night from our balcony. The balcony really isn't anything special.. no seating or anything but that didn't bother us at all.
My children, ages 3 and 5 absolutely loved the water playground. And as parents we did too. With the layout of the playground, you were able to sit at a table or lounge chair and still see your kids regardless of where they were in the playground. And for those parents with small children, you know how frustrating it can be when you cant see you're child from all angles. On another section of the grounds, there is a traditional swimming pool and nice lounging area. We enjoyed both during our stay.
The front desk staff was always very friendly and helpful with any questions we had. I think our only complaint was that weren't vending machines in building 1. There is a little shop that sells drinks, snacks and gifts, but it's only open from 7am-11pm. I know the hours seem good.. but we just came from east coast time and were up soooo early. haha. And there were times we needed something simple - like more bottled water. A vending machine would have helped.
I did see another reviewer comment about the skylights. We were on the top floor and did have skylights, which may make it difficult for some to take some afternoon naps or sleep in late. But it really didn't bother us much.
Overall it might seem a little pricey per night, but the water playground for the kids made it all that much enjoyable. We would stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just an 8-minute walk from Disneyland Park, this non-smoking family resort hotel features Castaway Cove - A Watery Pirate Playground! With slides, drench bucket, water canons, jacuzzi, toddler's wading pool and more, Castaway Cove is a great place for your whole family to play together! Also nestled within the lush, park-like grounds is the family friendly Garden Pool! With free parking, fridges and internet- HoJo Anaheim is the perfect choice for your family adventure! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), HotelsClick, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Howard Johnson Anaheim Hotel and Water Playground reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel And Water Playground - Anaheim / Disneyland Park
- Howard Johnson Anaheim Hotel And Water Playground California
- Anaheim Howard Johnson
- Howard Johnson Hotel Anaheim California