“disneyland trip”

Ranked #15 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
San Diego
“disneyland trip”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

trip went well......hotel was clean and simple for our needs.....beds comfy.
No Jacuzzi......hubby was sad about that, but overall we are happy and will definitely stay here for any future Disneyland trip!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (812)
  • Czech first
Newburgh, Indiana
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We had heard great things about this hotel, but it exceeded those. Location was the best part, it was closer to walk to Disneylands enterance then from there own hotels/parking lot. The staff was great and helpful. The rooms were spacies and very nice, had a great time.

Long Island, NY
Reviewed 5 August 2014

My family and I stayed here for 4 nights, "Superior" Room in Building 1 facing Disney with 2 Queen Beds. We were very pleased. Rooms were clean. There was a refrigerator and coffee maker in the room. I did use a discount code that I found online and was able to get the price down to $177/night from the original $209/night.

It's about a block and a half to walk to the Disney entrance. We were able to watch the fireworks every night from our balcony. The balcony really isn't anything special.. no seating or anything but that didn't bother us at all.

My children, ages 3 and 5 absolutely loved the water playground. And as parents we did too. With the layout of the playground, you were able to sit at a table or lounge chair and still see your kids regardless of where they were in the playground. And for those parents with small children, you know how frustrating it can be when you cant see you're child from all angles. On another section of the grounds, there is a traditional swimming pool and nice lounging area. We enjoyed both during our stay.

The front desk staff was always very friendly and helpful with any questions we had. I think our only complaint was that weren't vending machines in building 1. There is a little shop that sells drinks, snacks and gifts, but it's only open from 7am-11pm. I know the hours seem good.. but we just came from east coast time and were up soooo early. haha. And there were times we needed something simple - like more bottled water. A vending machine would have helped.

I did see another reviewer comment about the skylights. We were on the top floor and did have skylights, which may make it difficult for some to take some afternoon naps or sleep in late. But it really didn't bother us much.

Overall it might seem a little pricey per night, but the water playground for the kids made it all that much enjoyable. We would stay here again.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Stayed here in early July. Hotel was very close to Disneyland. Room was clean and nice. We arrived early and was expecting to wait, but we were accommodated straight away and that was really great, especially after 6 hours on a plane, my kids were exhausted! The staff are really friendly and the hotel has it's own children's water playground which my little girl loved. Really appreciated the washers and dryers, after travelling around and all the rides at Disney, it was good not having to shell out big bucks getting our clothes laundered. Overall we had a good time and the hotel provided a good base.

• Stayed July 2014
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I like telling people when they do things right. And I like to tell people where they can improve too, this is why I enjoy writing TripAdvisor reviews. I am a keen traveller and have had my share of hotel experiences throughout my life. Well, let's say that in over 35 years that I have been travelling and staying in hotels perfection has been achieved: Congratulations, Howard Johnson Anaheim Hotel and Water Playground. The service you gave me and my family has been truly exceptional, like nothing I had experienced before.
We stayed at this hotel for six nights, arriving at about midday from a very, very early flight into LAX, an hour's drive in a shuttle with traffic and some jet lag. We were greeted by the fabulous Art, whose smile makes the most weary traveller feel happier. He checked us in since a room was available. He gave us all sorts of info about the area, where to get tickets, about discounts at restaurants, etc.
Our stay was fantastic. The housekeeping staff are thorough, courteous and efficient, you come to a lovely clean room after battling the crowds in Disneyland. The sheets are crisp and clean, beds comfortable, and there are all the amenities needed - we didn't have a room with a microwave, but I know that they are available now!
We had a room facing the water park. It was a bit noisy during the day but since we were out most of the day this was ok, and the water was turned off at 10pm sharp.
The hotel has a small but very well stocked shop where you can get anything you might have left behind. The staff at the shop are very nice too and get to know you over the time of your stay and greet you with a warm smile.
I had a problem with my credit card which was cloned and blocked by the issuing bank. Howard Johnson sorted out the settling of the bill with my husband in the UK. "No can do" is simply not in this hotel's philosophy. And I like that. The hotel cannot do enough for you and to make your stay memorable.
The swimming pool is not very warm, but it's so hot that it's very refreshing to dip in at the end of the day! It is very clean and pleasant with greenery around it. My children loved it as well as the water playground. You can very easily have a holiday in itself in this hotel without fitting Disney into the equation. I'm planning such a holiday in the not so distant future.
All in all, this was an unforgettable experience for my family and me. Thank you very much, Howard Johnson, and I am already looking forward to coming back. :)

Room Tip: Buildings 4 and 6 do not have skylights and are only 2 stories tall - ask for a room there!