We just got back to Canada from a very recent stay at the Howard Johnsons in Anaheim, California. To make a long story short: this is a great place to stay if you're taking your children to Disneyland. I highly recommend it.
My wife and I were visiting Disneyland with our two daughters, aged one and four. We arrived on a Saturday and had to wait a while for our room to be ready. We were quite early, so the staff at the hotel stored our bags and gave us a key to the waterpark and pool areas. We went for a quick lunch and spent a few hours by the pool before we got our room. The room itself had two queen sized beds, a small fridge and a microwave. We also got a crib for our toddler. The room was spacious enough for us, clean and suited our needs very well. We were very happy with our accomodations.
The hotel was a five minute walk from the gates to Disneyland, which suited us perfectly. We were able to walk to the park then return later to rest our kids and put the toddler down for a nap. Mimi's Restaurant was directly across the street and the menu was decent for families. Don't expect fine dining, but the food was good, reasonably priced and the staff was friendly. There's also a McDonalds right there and we used that for the occasional breakfast. There's also a Denny's and and IHOP all before you hit the Disneyland gates. There's a Super Target nearby that we took a cab to and picked up groceries. The hotel is very well positioned.
The hotel was well appointed and the waterpark was great. The kids played and had a blast in there. The pool and park were clean and the kids loved it. We spent one whole afternoon just lounging around the waterpark.
The only downside was that I had booked the hotel online and had received a deal from mousesavers.com on the rate. When we checked out I was surprised by the bill being $200.00 USD over the rate I had received online. It was only a momentary setback since I had printed the online reservation with the lower rate. When I produced that the staff at the desk fixed the bill right away. I'm not too sure what would have happened if I hadn't printed off my online quote.
I absolutely recommend this hotel to a family with small children visiting Disneyland. We will be staying there again !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just an 8-minute walk from Disneyland Park, this non-smoking family resort hotel features Castaway Cove - A Watery Pirate Playground! With slides, drench bucket, water canons, jacuzzi, toddler's wading pool and more, Castaway Cove is a great place for your whole family to play together! Also nestled within the lush, park-like grounds is the family friendly Garden Pool! With free parking, fridges and internet- HoJo Anaheim is the perfect choice for your family adventure! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Howard Johnson Anaheim Hotel and Water Playground reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel And Water Playground - Anaheim / Disneyland Park
- Howard Johnson Anaheim Hotel And Water Playground California
- Howard Johnson Hotel Anaheim California
- Anaheim Howard Johnson