“A great value”

Ranked #40 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Seattle, Washington, United States
“A great value”
Reviewed 10 December 2013

Just the ticket for an affordable stay at Disneyland!

We stayed in a suite that slept 8 for a 3-day trip to Disneyland. It was such a bargain! The rooms are clean, the location is excellent and staff is friendly and helpful. Although the hotel is within walking distance, we took that ART shuttle to and from Disneyland. After a full day on your feet, the number 8 bus will take you right to your hotel.

Room Tip: Get a room on the second floor so you don't hear footfall above.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank RAC98110

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
Frisco, Texas
Reviewed 4 December 2013

Pros-
This is the cleanest and friendliest place you can stay
Yes there is no breakfast as others had mentioned, but there is a food for less a mile down the street. There is a refrigerator in every room so buy cereal and some oatmeal and you are set. If you sit at a hotel to eat breakfast and get to the park past 9 am you will not get a fast pass for the popular Cars racer ride.
The beds are comfy and the room we had was called a kids room. This room has 2 queen beds and a bunk bed (top and bottom for the kids so you have your space after a long day)
The hotel is too far to walk with little ones, BUT the ART bus picks you up and drops you off and this hotel is the first stop so that makes it easy. For 3 people it cost around 10 dollars and believe me you don't want to fight Disney parking.
A big thing for us, was this is a motel like setting which is great. You don't have big long hallways for crazy kids to run around all over the place and it's like you go into your own private apartment. (And just because it's a motel setting does not mean ugly, the place is nicer than all the other hotels around)

Cons-
My only slight issue was the construction noise and there is no sound barrier on the floor above you. The owner is hands on so make a quick call and he will fix it. We were awaken pretty early both days due to noise, but you are so tired you don't really care.

Tips:
The taxes for the Disney area is pretty high and this place will charge a resort fee of 4 dollars per day. If you stay for 5 days and take the shuttle make sure you at least add 70 dollars plus another 100 in taxes. The good thing is you can buy your Disney tickets in the office and save 5 dollars off gate prices so you can just walk right in when the bus drops you off.

The shuttle stop running at 12 30 so you don't need to hurry. When you buy the pass at the office, you get an all day pass so you can come and go if you need a break.

If you have a chance and need some relaxation, go to Big Ranch BBQ. It sits in the most quiet remote part of the park and it was the best meal we had. You HAVE to make reservations and the price is 11 for kids and 26 for adults, but it's all you can eat and worth it.

6 Thank techskills02
CustomerServiceTeam, Guest Relations Manager at Anaheim Islander Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Dear Techskills02

Thank you for taking the time to write a descriptive review. This really helps many potential future travelers to make informed choices. I would sincerely like to apologize for the less than perfect stay caused by the construction noise. We would like to wish you and your entire family a Merry Christmas & a fantastic New Year! We hope to see you all here next year on your Disney Adventure.
San Diego, California
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Great location and best deal I could find. Drove up from San Diego and checked in at 2pm. Received a discount from their website because I have a SoCal Annual Passport. I went with the room with the microwave and fridge, 2 queens and sofa bed. I ended up moving the sofa against one side of the bed as I co-sleep with my 1yo. Fridge was perfect for ice packs, water bottles, and formula for the baby. I planned ahead and brought my own mug to microwave water at night to heat the formula, never asked the Inn if they had any, but brought it just in case. A note about the fridge: be sure to set it to "Max" or some level. I didn't set it when we first checked in and came back to a room temp fridge and carton of milk when we returned later that night, my bad. The safe in the closet is ground level and attracted the youngest right away. He loved opening and closing it and dialing the keypad. I immediately set a code and locked it so he didn't have his fingers caught in the closing process. Just remember to clear the code prior to check-out.

Totally took advantage of the juice, donuts (powdered sugar, chocolate glaze, and crumb), coffee, and pastries (including mini muffins) in the morning (7-9a I believe). This was just fine for me and the family to start our day. Never had the need to go out to eat breakfast.

Prior to the trip my wife wanted to try out the Rainforest Cafe, the Inn had a brochure for the restaurant along with many others on display in the lobby, but this one had a coupon for a free appetizer which we used the next day for lunch. We stayed in room 109, never had an issue with parking and was always spot or 2 away from our room. Very convenient to just pull up and enter our room, didn't have to worry about large lobbies, elevators, or long hallways to finally relax after a long day. Especially nice if you forget the one item in the car and don't have to dread making a trip to a lot or parking structure in your PJs. Notes about the room that I didn't complain to management about, because I just didn't feel like it and I felt wasn't worth the trouble in case we had to switch rooms. The telephone cables were all unplugged (maybe a prank from the previous occupant). The handset wasn't plugged in and neither was the line. I work with A/V, etc so I connected it properly. HD TV was nice, some over-the-air HD signals were spotty, but for the most part worked fine. Kids watched Disney channel most of the time and that worked fine. Free Wi-Fi for those that have limited text plans and tablets, etc but this isn't high speed internet and I didn't expect it to be. I have AT&T and couldn't get an LTE signal, but four bars on 4G was good for me. Plenty of outlets to charge our devices. Bathroom faucet leaked from the handle but I just used a hand towel to keep the water from flowing everywhere. No big deal, but if someone is bothered by it, then by all means let the owners know. A/C and heater worked fine and we did use both because of the changing weather, rain one day and sunny the next. The unit is also "kid-level" so just had to keep watch with them playing with the controls.

The Inn is definitely walking distance from the hotel buses entrance, but we never did because we weren't sure what the weather would be like. Plus we have parking paid with one annual pass so we might as well use it. The Inn is a couple of minutes away from the Disney Shuttle lot and about 5-10 minute drive to the parking structure off of Ball Rd. that uses the tram to drop you off between Downtown Disney and baggage check.

Fast food and many restaurants along Harbor even went to a Target about 5 mins away because the wife needed new boots. All in all a pleasant stay and would definitely stay here again.

3 Thank Arnold D
Ellettsville, Indiana
Reviewed 25 November 2013

We stayed at Anaheim Islander Inn, for three nights on Nov. 15Th. The staff is excellent and very helpful; the room was updated and clean. Everything you need is within walking distance great stay highly recommended property.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Maitland, Australia
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Our stay at the Anaheim Islander Inn was a truly enjoyable experience. The staff were always friendly and very helpful, particularly when it came to printing theme part tickets that we had purchased on line.

The room was very large, so even with two extremely comfortable queen beds in the room, there was plenty of room left over for bags and the paraphernalia that seems to be a necessary part of travelling. The en suite was also very roomy and well appointed. Both the room and the en suite were spotlessly clean.

Disneyland is only a very short walk away, as are a number of very good resturants and take away establishments. The continental breakfast was limited (as stated when we booked and also when we checked in) so we provided our on breakfast. But having said that, there is nothing that I could fault with this hotel.

This hotel is very well situated and I feel it offers exceptional value for money.

San Diego, CA
Reviewed 20 November 2013

We were looking for a room that would comfortably fit our family of 5 and not too expensive. Now that my older children are teens/pre-teens, they aren't so crazy about sleeping on the floor anymore. We got a family suite and it was perfect (we could have even fit a few more kids in). Two queen beds, a bunk bed with a full and twin size bed, a fridge, and microwave AND room to walk around the room.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank EsKezzy
Reviewed 18 November 2013 via mobile

Would like to say I have stayed at this hotel before and that's why I came back for another 3 night stay, I visit disneyland a lot:) I have to say my stay this time wasn't so great, came back to the room for a change into warmer clothes and discovered my levi jeans were missing from my suitcase I called the lobby right away, he said he would look into it and get back with me not much later he came to room telling me all I could do is file a police report said their maids have been there for years and nothing like this has ever happened I simply wanted them to give me $20.00 for the pants that mysteriously disappeared they wouldn't do it kept telling me to file a police report I really don't believe the police would put to much into it, they have more important issues to deal with. So therefore I'm out a pair of pants:/ guest make sure u know what u have it might go missing. Will not be staying here again!!!

• Stayed November 2013
2 Thank disneyme72
CustomerServiceTeam, Guest Relations Manager at Anaheim Islander Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 23 November 2013
Dear Disney me72

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay and being a repeat customer. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and are currently looking into this matter.