“Great no problems here”

and 1 more site!
Park Vue Inn
Ranked #10 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed 23 October 2007

First off my family goes to Disneyland at least once a year and sometimes 2 times. We went there on 10/20/07 for 2 days. We have stayed at the Park Vue many times before. Since they renovated the place it is an excellent place for a family to go to Disneyland and walk back during the day for a break instead of waiting for a shuttle. The staff was excellent from check in to check out. After we check in I got a call from the front desk just to make sure everything was ok. Then we received a nice fruit basket from the hotel with a bottle of wine as a thank you. When we got home I checked my e-mail and received one from Park vue thanking me once more.

We have stayed at all the hotels across the street from Disneyland and they were ok but the Park Vue gave that little extra to make everything nice. Plus we arrived at 9:30 in the morning and after the maid cleaned the room they allowed us to check in at 10:15. Sure you can hear little kids running in the morning but hey they are going to DISNEYLAND, wouldn't you get excited too.

The rooms were clean, the continental breakfast was ok (coffee, orange juice, donuts, cereal, oatmeal, toast, etc) and like everybody
says it's a 5 minute walk to Disneyland. It's just your all around basic hotel that is great to stay at. They even added a little work out room with a couple of treadmills, work out bench, and a cycle machine. And with IHOP, Denny's, McDonalds, and Tony Romas all within a five minute walk or less you save even more eating here then
in Disneyland. and to me the foods even better than Disneyland and almost half the price. As you can see we had no problem staying here and already are booking rooms for when we come down here again for Disneyland at Christmas time.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
7  Thank jfktitan1

Reviewed 20 October 2007

The only good thing about this hotel was location - right across the street from Disneyland. Other than that, my exerperience was lousy. The rooms are small, and the property is very noisy. Both mornings we were awakened by the obnoxious beeping sound of a large truck backing up over and over again in the driveway....at 6:30am. They charged us daily for use of the safe; they charged us for use of the wireless internet; the television got about 3 decent channels. Next time, I'm staying next door at the Best Western.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank traveldiver7
joeandthegang, General Manager at Park Vue Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2007

Our sincerest apology to the traveler from Marin County. We greatly value our guests and have round the clock Guest Assistance Services and each member of our team is empowered to ensure the guest's stay is a pleasurable one. We regret our loss to make things right for you and would be very grateful for a second opportunity to make a first impression.

Reviewed 20 October 2007

The Park Vue Inn was beyond my expections and I would like to recommend it to anyone looking for acommodation in Anaheim. We could not have been closer to Disneyland, an easy 5 minute walk and you're in Disneyland or California Adventure. The room we had was clean and very nice . We stayed on the bottom floor and only heard an occasional sound, barely worth mentioning, certainly nothing to keep us awake.We chose a 2 queen bed room with a seperate living room. It had 2 queen beds in a bedroom with a television and a double sofa bed in the living room with a plasma television. The bedroom had both ceiling fans and an air conditioner and the living area had an air conditioner also. It had a full kitchen and a second vanity area in the kitchen which made it much easier for 4 people to get ready. I think it may have been recently renovated. The rate included a nice breakfast with plenty of variety (no hot food). But the main thing that we were inpressed with were the staff. They always had a smile and were so helpful even when under pressure. The pool and the grounds were nicely kept. Didn't get to use the swimming pool, no time. I did use the laundry to wash and dry clothes and it was scrupulously clean.I would definately stay here again and can't recommend it highly enough.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled with family
3  Thank lijelije
Reviewed 19 October 2007

We spent a long weekend here so we could see the last Angels games of the regular season and spend some time at one of my favorite places - Disneyland!

We had made a reservation and wanted a king bed in a room that was closer to the front of the hotel and on the first floor, but they said they didn't have one that was available for all our nights. So we ended up at the back of the property on the 2nd floor, with 2 double beds. No big deal really, it's a just a preference.

The room was quiet and clean, plenty of space for my husband and I. The bathroom had the vanity outside of the tub abd toilet area, which is nice for getting ready in the mornings. The beds were ok to sleep on and we really didn't notice any noise from our neighbors. The fridge was a welcome sight too, great for keeping sodas and such in the room.

The staff was fine. We didn't have our room cleaned since we were only there for a couple of days. We didn't have any issues once we checked in. They and left a msg for us after we checked in and after we didn't receive any cleaning service to let us know it call if we needed anything, we didn't call for anything.

They do have breakfast in the AM. There were danishes, donuts, frozen waffles, bread, instant oatmeal, cold ceral, fruit, and yogurt. It was enough to get you up and headed out to DL early!

We would stay here again if we don't stay at one of the DL hotels.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 October 2007

We stayed at the Park Vue Inn Oct. 3 - 13. First off, it was a great trip and the location was absolutely perfect for us with a 4 year old. FIRST THE GOOD: the hotel itself is situated directly across from the main gate and is about a 6 min. walk, exactly as other reviewers stated it was. The exterior was well kept and the rooms were reasonably clean and odour free. We didn't have much interaction with the staff but they seemed very cheerful and informative. NOW THE NOT SO GOOD: I had requested 7 months in advance when I booked, to have a room with bunkbeds on the TOP floor. My 2 kids (1 boy & 1 girl) don't sleep well together in the same bed, so the bunks was kind of important and was the main reason i booked this hotel. When I arrived at 2:30 our room wasn't ready, but no big deal, we headed to the parks straight away and came back later to check in. When I did check in, they advised that they had no rooms avail. with the bunk beds or on the top floor. Double disappointment. To make matters worse, only 5 min. after I checked in, I was still standing in the lobby, when I overheard another family checking in and the desk clerk confirmed that they were receiving a bunk room on the top floor!!! I was not at all pleased to say the least, and even after complaining, we were still stuck with our original room. It turned out thankfully that our kids were so exhausted every night that sleeping in the same bed was not a problem at all. However, I must warn that being on the bottom floor was close to being in hell. There is absolutely no soundproofing in the ceilings and we could hear EVERY movement the people above us made, incl. coughing, laughing, talking, TV, toilet flushing and kids jumping on and off the bed. Made it very hard to sleep some nights, and I'm not a light sleeper. On our 4th night, we had a bunch of rowdy young guys above us that kept us up till at least 2 a.m. partying. Finally I'd had enough and I called the front desk to complain and they said they'd take care of it. They quieted down a bit soon after, but not entirely, thank God they were only there 1 night.

The free continental breakfast was a Godsend for us. We were a bit taken back when we saw how much dining prices had gone up in the past 2 yrs. since our last visit to DL, so the free breakfast to get us started every morning really helped. There were 3 kinds of cereal and milk, pancakes/waffles/toast that you toasted yourself, 2 juices, tea, coffee, apples, bananas, oranges, somedays yogurts and muffins/donuts. It was more than enough for us and it was always fresh.

1 thing I didn't like about the room was that there was only a small desk in the room that the TV sat on with 3 lower drawers in it. And there was a really big empty space beside it like there had been a big table or dresser there previously, you could even see the scuff lines on the wall from where it had been. The problem with only the desk was that there was nothing to put a suitcase on or anywhere to unpack your clothes into, especially when your staying longer term with 2 weeks of clothes, etc. It was really inconvenient and I'm not sure why that piece of furniture was removed. Ultimately we had to live out of our suitcases off of a corner on the floor. Not great. Now I mentioned that the room was REASONABLY clean and that was true. We saw no bugs or rodents or pest of any kind during our stay and the bathroom & vanity area were sparkly clean. We always got fresh thick towels everyday too. However 1 of the Bedspreads had a really big (size of a soccer ball) yellow stain on the underside of it, which could only be seen when pulled back. I'm assuming it was pee, what else could it be? YUCK! We just never used the bedspread and stuck with the sheets and blanket in between. The beds were very comfy, but the pillows sucked big time - thinnest excuses for pillows I've ever seen.

Listen folks, I'm not a picky person at all and in fact this is the first review I've ever posted that contained anything negative. Having said that, even with all the negatives we found, we would probably still stay here in the future because of the great location and free fresh breakfast everyday. The location was worth the money in itself. So if you can overlook some of the negative aspects or brush them off, then I would certainly recommend this hotel. Hope this all helps.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled with family
9  Thank Sirengirl
Reviewed 16 October 2007

Great four nights top floor towards the back ,quiet, housekeeping did a great job everyone friendly very good breakfast more than just donuts staff on hand to keep it stocked and clean... heated pool was NICE after a long hard day of FUN.

Stayed: October 2007
4  Thank desertfolks22
joeandthegang, Assistant General Manager at Park Vue Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2007

Thank you for your wonderful comments and candid response. We take pride in ensuring that our guests here are taken care of and always return with the same great experience time and time again. I will make sure that our staff read your comments and appreciation to be a part of a such a company providing excellant customer service. Let us know what else we can do to better serve you. Thank you once again. Park Vue Inn looks forward to having you here in the future

Reviewed 6 September 2007

We started our holiday in california at the Park Vue Inn and rated it the best of the three hotels we stayed in. The rooms were clean and well equipped, the facilities were excellent, children loved the quiet enclosed pool for late afternoon swims. The complimentary breakfast was plentiful in choice and quantity and was a very pleasant surprise after the reviews i had previously read. I would definitely stay here again, certainly the nearest hotel to disneyland barring the onsite luxury ones. Great value for money and exactly the right start to our californian holiday. Staff were pleasant and informative.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled with family