“Very disappointed”

and 1 more site!
Park Vue Inn
Ranked #10 of 119 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed 4 September 2012

We arrived at the Park Vue Inn on July 1st, tired and hungry after a long day on the road and so looking forward to the social hour and the welcome basket. Well it turns out they had been discontinued the day before and although we had reserved several weeks earlier no one had bothered to let us know of this change in policy. I found the counter and housekeeping staff generally friendly but the management was arrogant and rude. They admitted that they had dropped the ball in not letting guests know of the amenity changes but obviously have done nothing to remedy the situation. We also had no hot water our first evening/morning as the boiler had been shut off??? (We did receive a discount for that) The continental breakfast was adequate but the room smelled off-putting? I filled out a lengthy customer service questionnaire that I received after arriving home and spoke to my concerns but never heard a response at all.
I just can't understand how a hotel that rose to #3 in the ratings because of their excellent customer service would do almost a complete turnaround and not seem to care at all anymore? The location was excellent and maybe they are planning on selling to someone who knows how to run a hotel?

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank Jan H
ScalzoHospitality, Guest Relations Manager at Park Vue Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2012

Thank you for your review. We apologize for not being able to provide a great stay for you. We apologize for making you feel that we were arrogant as we always strive to provide the highest level of customer service. We apologize again for the changes in our amenities and hope that you would give us another opportunity to serve you. We are not planning on selling we are working diligently to upgrade our property to better serve our guests.

Reviewed 2 September 2012

I would say this a more of an up-market motel than a hotel. The staff were very helpful and curteous and couldn't do enough for you. The rooms themselves were a little dated and could definately do with refurbishment. (we were on the ground floor). The location could NOT have been better - unless we'd pitched a tent at the entrance to Disney! We often popped back to the room during the afternoon and the walk was bout 7 mins door - door. It ticked the boxes (free parking, clean and close to Disney) for what we wanted. The noise was ridiculous though - you would think people would be a bit better at respecting sleeping guests - I had 2 women (not staff) talking outside my bedroom window at 6am! Not the hotel's fault, but not somewhere I'd stay if I wanted to have alot of sleep-but we weren't there for sleeping! I would have no qualms with staying again - and I am a fussy traveller!

Room Tip: I think I would probably choose a room upstairs if I wanted it to be quieter.
2  Thank crocettesontour

Thank you for your review. We are happy to know that your stay was good. We apologize for the noise. We hope to provide great service to you again soon.

Reviewed 1 September 2012

My family had a gorgeous stay at the Park Vue Inn from 08/22 to 08/25. All the best was the LOCATION - I couldn't believe that the entrance to Disney Parks and also Downtown Disney was only some minutes away - just across the street and a really short walk. This was our 5th visit in Anaheim and Disney but we'd never been that close. As we didn't want to pay the rates for Disneyhotels plus parking plus breakfast this was a real bargain to us. The rate changed during our stay - on an average the night was USD 146,00 including all (taxes, resort fees, parking, breakfast) for 2 adults and one teenager aged 17.
The 2 queen bed room was nothing fancy but quite spacious and besides we haven't spent a lot of time inside the room - just for the nights. We were glad we had a corner room on the 2nd floor (#239) which means a truly quiet sleep. The staff in the lobby was very friendly and helpful all the time - a real pleasure! The only concern was a very poor breakfast one morning, they seemed of running out of everything and in spite of 3 people working there, they didn't make it (we bought our coffee in the Park as the hotelcoffee looked like hot water). But the other mornings we enjoyed a breakfast above average - eggs, bacon, potatoes, buttermilk biscuites, toast, fresh fruits, fresh waffles, cereals, ...!
We didn't miss the "social hour" as we stayed all the day in the Parks, therefore we didn't use the pool, too.
One night we returned earlier and watched the fireworks from the breakfast terrace - great.
We would definitely stay at the Park Vue Inn again and want to thank the staff for making our visit a "Disneylike" one!

Room Tip: 2nd floor away from breakfast area
3  Thank pepperdusty

Thank you for writing a review about your visit. We are thrilled to know that you had such a great experience. We do apologize for the morning with the not so great breakfast. We have spoken to our breakfast team and they apologize for this. Again thank you for taking the time to review us. We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 1 September 2012

The Park vue was a great hotel for the price. The location was excellent! A quick walk to the park entrance. The staff was helpful and friendly. The room was clean and good size. The free breakfast was yummy and plentiful!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank HM P

Thank you for the review. We appreciate your time. We glad to know that your experience was great. It is our goal to provide a clean affordable home away from home. We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 29 August 2012

This was the response I sent to the hotel in their survey after my August 2012 stay.

I don't even know where to begin but will state I will never stay in your hotel again. I have already contacted the many people I had recommended your hotel to, and told them to stay away. The Howard Johnson will again get my business and my recommendations.

This was my third year in a row staying there. My overall experience was summed by my checkout experience. I was asked how my stay was. I replied with disdain, "It was ok." The response from the girl at the desk was, "Have you stayed here before?" I said, "Yes, this is the third year in a row." She replied, "Ok", and never asked another single question about my stay or what was wrong with it. The apathy was apparent.

I was told at check-in that the managers evening meal had been discontinued in July, but I had never been told. I was also told there were no longer gift baskets in the room. I was also informed the tax had increased. Since my reservation was made months earlier, any normal business would communicate these things to their customer. I also did not get a call checking on what I thought of the room in a prompt fashion as I had in the past.

The room was dirty. The walls and everything. We were delayed at check-in due to the carpets being cleaned. The interesting thing was that after walking on the carpets in the room and stepping into the bathtub I noticed black coming off the bottom of my feet. This was from the carpet, as I had socks on the entire rest of my stay. I had read about this in past Trip Adviser reviews.

My daughter unfortunately had an accident in her bed one night. I informed two maintenance gentlemen about this. We arrived back in our room at 12:30 am to find the sheets had been changed and a single hand towel had been put on the wet spot on the mattress. Needless to say this did nothing, and the new sheets were wet, and could not be slept on. I am confused how a hotel that has children in almost every room does not put some type of protection on the mattresses for these situations.

The only good thing you have going is the location and the breakfast. That is not enough to get me to come back. The breakfast has even gotten to be a chore. On different occasions I had to ask for milk (every day), gravy, waffle batter, bowls, plates, eggs, sausage, and cottage cheese. I never saw any of the potatoes or the fruit; only remnants in the bowls. The breakfast staff is horrible at keeping the food stocked. One day the hostess came in because one of the waffle irons was beeping. She pushed my friend's daughter's hand out of the way and opened her iron, ruining her waffle without apology, and did the same to another one that was cooking. She then discovered the empty one that was beeping. It was ridiculous.

Rest assured that I will be detailing this experience on Trip Adviser as well. How the service of a place can fall so fast is beyond me.

20  Thank Joseph_Mama

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. The changes to our amenities are due to a decreased demand for these offerings and an increased demand for upgrades to our rooms. In order to continue to upgrade our rooms and stay competitive with our pricing we had to make changes to the offerings that had the least demand. Thank you for your understanding. We apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible. Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. Feedback such as yours assists us in improving our service and property on a daily basis. In addition, please know that your comments and issues will be addressed. Thank you, and we hope that you would give us another opportunity to serve you.

Reviewed 27 August 2012

Just returned from five great nights at the Park Vue. Made my reservations several months ago when the Park Vue was still the # 2 ranked hotel in Anaheim and became more and more concerned with my choice as I began to see more negative reviews through the early summer, but upon arrival my worries were gone. I was greeted at the front desk by a very pleasant young desk clerk (most of the front desk staff are young, but all very professional and pleasant) who explained everything and checked me in within five minutes. I had booked a queen room with bunkbeds for our family of four. We were assigned a room on the second floor and while a little on the small side, it had a nice flat screen tv, new carpet, and was spotless. The room included a nice sized fridge and microwave as well as a coffee maker and real mugs. The beds (even the bunks) were very comfortable, the wi-fi worked great, and the housekeeping staff were terrific.. It has a nice pool located right in the middle of the parking lot but is fenced off and surrounded by palm trees so it doesn't feel like its in a parking lot at all. The breakfast was fine, three waffle machines, cereal, bread for toast, biscuits and gravy,eggs, bagels and juice and coffee. What more would you want in a continental breakfast? But the best part is as everyone else says, the LOCATION!!! The 5-7 minute walk to the gates is such a time saver over walking 15-20 mins each way or waiting for your shuttle. It is such a nice break to be able to return to the hotel mid-day and take a nap or a swim and then return at your leisure. We have stayed at three different hotels on our recent trips to Disneyland and our entire family agreed that this was by far the best and we can't wait to return!

5  Thank Klamathbeav

Thank you for taking the time to write us such a great review. It is our goal to provide a home away from home to all of our guests. We are glad to know that your stay was Fantastic. We hope to be able to serve you again soon.

Reviewed 26 August 2012

This hotel is right outside the gates to Disney- it is literally minutes walk to the park. There is also a Coldstone creamery- can you ask for any more!!
The location and helpful staff make this a perfect option if you are not actually staying in Disney. The rooms are a good size and clean, and the pool is great for a dip in the heat of summer. Parking for free is a real bonus too making this a good value option. There are signs everywhere encouraging guests to be respectful of other guests as the parks are open until midnight meaning guests are coming in at all hours- we found that this worked well as we were not disturbed by others at all for the 4 nights we stayed.
I have read some slightly negative reviews about here, but for what you are paying, free parking and location make this a great place to stay, especially if you have children as you can hop in and out the parks all day without any hassle.
Breakfasts are the only downside- don't get excited about them and then you won't be disappointed.

1  Thank Snuffleuffaguss

We appreciate your time taken to write this review. We also are happy to know that your stay was great. We hope to see you soon. Thank you again