“First time at Disney”

Ranked #10 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Mount Isa, Australia
“First time at Disney”
Reviewed 17 September 2012

This hotel is the closest you can get the the entry to Disney. The staff were all very helpful and friendly. Of the many great things about this hotel was that we were given a very early check in, this was appreciated more than words as after the flight from Australia we were all extremely tired. We loved the bed and bunks, coffee in reception, free parking, good size bathroom. Would come back again. Thanks to all the wonderful staff

2 Thank Nico92012
ScalzoHospitality, Guest Relations Manager at Park Vue Inn, responded to this review, 17 September 2012
Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that we could accommodate an early check in for you. Please know that it is always our goal to not just meet but exceed our guest’s expectations. We are glad we were able to do so. Thank you again we hope to see you soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (498)
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 16 September 2012

This was a nice hotel right across from the Disney parks entrance. The room was spacious and clean. It was nice having a fitness center to go burn off the Coldstone ice cream I enjoyed (which is located at the hotel). Front desk staff was friendly and attentive. It was very helpful being able to park at the hotel and store luggage with the front desk while going and enjoying the parks before our room was ready for check-in. Our luggage was also delivered to our room for us, free of charge, while we were out. I also thought the price of hotel was very reasonable in comparison to the Disney resorts. I would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: I stayed in a room with 2 double beds on the second floor. It was very quiet.
1 Thank Bohemian_Princess
We appreciate your time spent on this review. Thank you for your kind words. We are happy to know that you enjoyed your stay. It is our goal to provide a clean confortable home away from home. We will continue to work hard to be able to provide the highest level of service to all our guests. We hope to see you soon.
Fairfield, California
Reviewed 15 September 2012

My family of 4 stayed here 7 nights (9/7/12-9/13/12) and the best part of the stay was the close location to the park.

Our original plan was for 6 nights and we decided to add a seventh night last minute. All of the rooms with 2 queen bed were booked for that additional night so we stayed the 1st night in a bunk room with 1 queen bed. Our children said the bunk beds were very comfy but the room was very small(Room 114). When we booked that room we were told our luggage would be moved by the staff to our new room. However, after we checked in we received a phone call that said we would need to bring our luggage to the front desk or move it our selves. The mixed information worried us so we decided to move the luggage ourselves.

Nights 2-7 we were in a 2 Queen room(Room 118). The room felt more spacious and the bathroom area was a better set up for my teen daughter and I to get ready in the morning. This room also had a desk which was good for my kids to complete school work that needed to be done. This room would have been great if it wouldn't have been for our rude neighbors. We arrived back to our room around 10:15 on Sunday night. My daughter and I were giggling but not being obnoxiously loud.....soon we were startled by a loud bang from room 119. We quieted down quickly and were no way trying to disturb anyone. However, at 6 am the next morning our neighbors were awake and their young child was being obnoxiously loud squealing and running around. Their TV was turned up very loud. We returned the knock back on the wall and quickly heard a male voice say "Pay back is a B%*@&" Let me remind you the quiet hours posted are 10pm-9am. Yes we were 15 minutes past the quiet time but they were up 3 hours early for the morning time. We continued to observe quiet time even though they got upset with us one other time at 5pm and their child was loud every morning between 6-7am.

Parking was free and we never had a problem finding a spot very close to our room if we moved our car.

Breakfast was provided. I am a very picky eater and only ate the waffles. I attempted to try the bacon that was flavorless and the cut up fruit which tasted as if it was cut up days ago. They also had scrambled egg pattys....They just didn't look appetizing to me. Sausage gravy and biscuits, toast, bagels and juice, coffee with flavored creamer options, milk and hot cocoa. It provided enough food to get my family started for the day. I would say it was a reason to stay here.

The staff did check in on us several times to make sure we didn't need anything. The Wifi worked fine. Cleaning and maintenance staff completed their jobs as needed and were friendly when we saw them on the property.

I would stay here again if I came with children. I wouldn't choose this hotel to stay at if it was just a get away for my boyfriend and I. The walls were way too thin and if we are without children I don't want to be bothered by other peoples kids.

4 Thank wanderingrachael
We apologize for the incident with your neighbor on this visit. If this or something similar happens on your next visit, remember to always call the front desk. We can help calm the waters when issues like this arise. Thank you for choosing Park Vue, we hope to see you soon.
Aberdeen, Washington
Reviewed 15 September 2012

We stay at the Park Vue Inn every time we visit Disneyland....we've stayed at other hotels in the area and as far as we're concerned you can't beat the value, location and friendly staff. The rooms were clean and the staff were very helpful. The office has fresh fruit and juices every morning and in the afternoon they bake up some fresh cookies to enjoy. There is a free breakfast in the mornings to start out your day which usually consists of cereals, fresh fruits, bacon, sausage, waffles and many more items. I'm looking forward to my next visit!

1 Thank Val H
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are happy to know that your stay was great, and thank you for being a loyal guest. We hope that you will visit again soon. Again thank you for your review.
Reviewed 13 September 2012

I was very leary about staying at this hotel with the recent reviews I had read & actually looked at changing our hotel last minute. I am very thankful I didn't! This hotel is the perfect location, you can not get closer to the gate!

People need to remember this is a 2.5 star hotel, if you keep that in mind I'm not sure what there is to complain about.

We spent 7 nights with a 6yrs & 8yrs and we all loved it. This hotel includes a CONTINENTAL breakfast, that is what it advertises and if you keep that in mind it is a great breakfast. It has 3 cereal choices including a gluten free choice, bagels, toast, fruit, waffles & egg, hash browns & either bacon or saussages. There is also juice machine, coffee, milk and chocolate milk, is it the best food in the world, no but it's free & tastes pretty good. No complaints from any of us!
Yes, when I booked this hotel I too thought there was an evening snack but there isn't. This was a free service that they discontinued, yes it would be nice if they had it, but it is definitely not the deal breaker people have made it into! In the lobby they also have homemade cookies with lemonade & fruit punch, the kids absolutely loved this & still talk about it.

The rooms, they are a normal size and include a microwave & a fridge which is great. Our room was Clean when we arrived & they cleaned it well everyday. The cleaning staff came at different times throughout our stay but it was always cleaned. I read in some reviews the pillows were too hard, each bed had 2 pillows per person 1 harder than the other, if you don't like the hard one use the other!

As for the pool, yes it was small and in the parking lot but honestly you don't even notice. They have done a great job of putting bushes up and you forget where you are. We found the pool great and used it and the hottub several days. The pool towels are definitely small but there is a large bin of them so you can use more than one.

Keeping in mind this is s 2.5 star hotel, it is perfect! If you are looking for s clean place to stay literally right across the street from the park with friendly staff and a bonus of free parking and free breakfast then this is definitely the place for you! I would no hesitate to book and stay here again in the future!

• Stayed September 2012
4 Thank Freddy222
ScalzoHospitality, Guest Relations Manager at Park Vue Inn, responded to this review, 13 September 2012
Thank you for writing this review, we appreciate your time and detail. We are very happy to know that your stay was great. We will continue to work at providing the highest level of customer service to our guest. Thank you again for your review. We hope to see you again soon.
San Diego, California
Reviewed 11 September 2012

My husband is active duty navy and this was our 1st and last big vacation before he leaves for a lng deploymentI had a great time at the Park Vue, despite some reviews, I checked the beds for traces of bedbugs, and found none, the room was clean and cozy for my family of four. I really enjoyed the LOCATION, FREE PARKING, and FREE BREAKFAST.. I would like to suggest maybe adding blueberry as a waffle flavor. Staff was awesome... I will recommend you to other military families that are taking a trip to Disneyland/ California adventure. Definitely a great value for families on a budget

Room Tip: Ask to be on the second floor, I really like our room location 208, we were close to the breakfast a...
1 Thank msuperwmn
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your kind words. We will look into the blueberry waffles mix. Thank you for recommending us. Please let your husband now that we really appreciate his service to our country. Thank you again, we hope to see you guys again soon.
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 11 September 2012

Location was great, breakfast was good, and the room was average. We read the reviews about bed bugs, and maybe that had something to do with our thought process, because we thought we were bitten one night. When we asked the front desk, they of course denied having any incidents of bed bugs. Once we returned to the room from Disney that day, we noticed that our room was thoroughly cleaned, and they put a mattress cover on our bed. We asked them about it and they mentioned all mattresses had mattress covers. We obviously knew that was a lie, but did not want to continue arguing with them. When we got back to the East Coast, we called the hotel and spoke with the manager who told us they had not replaced mattresses in over three months. That too was a lie as they had several new mattresses being delivered while we were there. We have called a few times, and the manager is always busy, and has yet to return our phone calls. They obviously have an issue with bed bugs, but they are not going to mention that to customers, so stay at your own risk.

Room Tip: CHECK underneath the box spring of the bed by the staples before settling in. They also hide in cre...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank gsanchez_12
Thank you for your review. We are glad that your stay was good. We checked the room ourselves and also had a professional company inspect as well. We did not find any evidence of these pests. We did also place a mattress cover as all our rooms have these covers as a preventive measure. We have visitors from all over the world and some of them travel from hotel to hotel. We do take this very serious and clean the room very thoroughly as we search for any evidence of these pests. We have tried to call you back a few times and did not have an option to leave a message. Please contact us at your convenience. Thank you again for your review.