“Great staff, but the facilities need MAJOR work”
Review of Park Vue Inn

and 1 more site!
Park Vue Inn
Ranked #10 of 119 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed 26 October 2013

Let's start with the good first, because that's a shorter list. First off the staff is AMAZING!!! (Erick and Melissa are phenomenal) That says a lot coming from me as I work for the #1 tripadvisor resort in the world. With this said my expectations are high, however I don't expect 5 stars when I'm staying anywhere that isn't a Four Seasons, but I do expect some things that should be a given. Let this be the start of the bad...... Our room was dirty to say the least. Let me just break it down in list form

- blood on the pillow cases (yes that's plural)
- blood on the sheets of the bottom bunk, which we didn't use but it could clearly be seen
- bath amenities were pre-used. (Not sure if this is an operations issue or housekeeping, either way it's UNSANITARY)
- towels had stains of all sorts
- carpet was so dirty that after a few steps on the carpet with socks our 2yr old had the dirtiest socks, and jeans from kneeling down. I understand it's expensive to clean but it NEEDS to be done.
- the noise level is redick! They definitely need insulation. I'm fully convinced there is NONE.
- the breakfast was mediocre, but free.

This motel could be great, especially with the staff. However for that to happen they need a major renovation. I mean complete carpet cleaning, insulation of the walls to reduce notice and provide warmth in the colder months and coolness in the warmer months. Overall the amenities such as, free parking, free breakfast, the location and the staff make this motel have great potential. I think with the right management of the property and facilities itself it would be a 4 or 5 star.

Room Tip: Choose upstairs regardless of no elevators. But overall stay elsewhere, even if it is a bit of a fur...
3  Thank themrs142
Argenis P, Guest Relations Manager at Park Vue Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

Dear Mrs142,

I wish to extend an apology to you for having to experience these deficiencies in service. Bringing these issues to my attention during your stay would have resulted in an immediate correction. Since it’s after the fact I have no recourse other than this forum in which to express my regret for failing to meet your expectations. I will say that although unacceptable, your room is an exception, as nearly every room is steam cleaned monthly. That is not an easy task when the hotel is 98% occupied year round. Occasionally a room will not make it into the monthly rotation. As far as the linen and bath amenities are concerned I will not make excuses. Clearly your room was not inspected properly and I will hold the room division manager and the housekeeper accountable for that. I assure you that we launder and replace linens and towels daily and never reuse any bath amenities. I appreciate your opinion and value the feedback, albeit in this case not flattering. Although you mentioned that you would not return; should you have a change of heart, we would welcome the opportunity to be of better service.

Reviewed 23 October 2013 via mobile

We chose Park Vue for its location directly across harbor blvd from the entrance to Disneyland. It's super convenient because you cross Harbor Blvd at a signal there clise to the motel entrance which leads to the Disney entrance as you walk past the shuttle drop off points. So it's really faster than taking a shuttle from another hotel.
The motel is clean and basic 2 story with the rooms facing the parking lot. It was surprisingly quiet at night and there were kids running around early in the morning really noisy. Maybe if you stay on the lower level you won't have the noise of kids running on the upper level walkway.
Loved the free parking and the complimentary breakfast which is very basic but there is IHOP in the parking lot just next door it's a little pricey for IHOP also a mcdonalds a few steps down the street.
This is not an upscale resort or hotel but If your looking for a reasonable clean motel with easy access to Disneyland this is a good choice.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Vjay7374
Argenis P, Guest Relations Manager at Park Vue Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2013

Dear V Jay,

Thank you for writing a review. More importantly, thank you for choosing to stay at the Park Vue Inn. Kids get really excited when they're so close to the Magic Kingdom is nearly impossible to slow them down. Be sure to ask the front desk for menus from area restaurants that deliver. There are lots of great places with reasonable prices. Hope to see you on your next trip to Disneyland.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

Obviously we picked this place for it's fantastic location opposite the entrance to the Disney resort. The rooms themselves were looking dated but comfortable. Air conditioning was a little noisy, but I always take ear plugs with me wherever I go anyway so that wasn't much of an issue. Free parking onsite was appreciated, as was the breakfast on offer. I felt the cost of the room was also quite reasonable.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank drew_sydney
Argenis P, Guest Relations Manager at Park Vue Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2013

Dear Drew,

Thanks for sharing your experience and for choosing to stay at the Park Vue Inn. I appreciate your concise and honest feedback. We hope to see you again on your next trip to Disney.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

We checked into the hotel on Oct. 9th and was informed that there was no water and that it would be back on at 5pm. We went for a bite to eat at IHOP and returned after 5pm and was told that the water would not be on until 10pm. They did not want to give an earlier time. There was no water offered, no water brought to the room to flush the toilet. We were never told that arrangements had been made with IHOP to use their restrooms. Since we had a meal there, we felt we could use the restrooms. We had to go to the front desk and asked for water, which was given. 10 pm came and went. There was one small note about the water outage and probable time the water would be back on. At no time were we contacted by the hotel staff by phone or in person or written information (other than the short note) as stated by the above person. While the water main break is an unforeseeable event; the response to it is not. The hotel should be prepared to provide for its guests' health and safety and well-being. Water for drinking, flushing, handwashing should have been made available. There are many hotels in the vicinity and provision should have/could have been made for showering. Communication was sorely lacking. All of their employees should have been apprised of the situation and assisted in communicating with the guests. The front office staff kept apologizing, but seemed helpless to act. On the next morning, there was no coffee or juice. Bottled or canned juice and coffee should have and could have been provided. There was also no bottled water available in the morning when I went to get some. We did receive one night complimentary. While this was an unfortunate experience, I must say that this hotel is in close proximity to Disneyland and was comfortable and clean. The breakfast was quite adequate and more than a continental breakfast.
I hope that the hotel will learn from this experience and be able to provide for their guests should another situation arise.

3  Thank mano1218
Argenis P, Guest Relations Manager at Park Vue Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

Dear Traveler,

This was definitely an experience we won't soon forget and we did learn quite a bit about crisis management. I won't share all the details regarding our efforts to expedite this repair and arrange for alternative resources and accommodations. I will say that we did relocate guests upon request to neighboring hotels; however it was not particle or possible to relocate everyone. I would also like to add that it's not as easy as you may think to arrange for showers in neighboring properties. Due to the volume of water needed to get guests through the night we did run out by early morning. However water was delivered the following day to guest rooms before 9 am and maintenance did fill all toilets to make them flush. I would like to thank you for finding a way to still say some nice things about our hotel despite the fact that we obviously fell short of your expectations. My hope is that you and your family will return to our hotel to give us another opportunity to be of better service.

Reviewed 20 October 2013 via mobile

This comples is just opposite the disney entrance. Rooms are clean and seems well maintained. Breakfast has hot and cold items which is a plus.

This will be our hotel of choice in our future disneyland trips :)

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 18 October 2013

The reviews I read were not very clear about how far this hotel is from the street crossing which is the main entrance to the park. It is literally right there. IHOP is exactly across the street and this hotel's parking lot shares one with IHOP so in my view, this hotel is actually the closest you can get to the main entrance of Disneyland. That said, you will experience very loud fireworks noise on the weekends. We were there over a three-day weekend and had ZERO issues with loud guests either in the hallway or in the rooms next door or below. We did have a second-floor corner room so that might have helped but I believe the ample signage in the rooms and in the hallways reminding guests to speak and walk quietly did their job. There were no kids running around screaming like I've read about other hotels near Disneyland. And we had two kids with us so we know how hard that can be to accomplish. I was very very impressed on this point as I am a light sleeper and this has been an issue for me at other hotels in the past. Long story made short, it was a reasonable deal with free parking and breakfast, clean rooms, working a/c, lots of hot water and water pressure and a big flat screen TV. It was perfect for our family with children (ages 3 and 5), staying 4 nights and I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Minimize noise and ask for a second level room.

Dear Photoguide,

Thank you for sharing your experience and for taking the time to write this review. Our goal is to provide great service and accommodations that lead to great guest experiences like yours. Thank you for choosing to stay at the Park Vue Inn. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 17 October 2013

We spent 5 nights at the hotel. It's 2-story hotel which is comfortable and clean. The crosswalk to the entrance of the Disney resorts is very close to the hotel. The parking, breakfest (meat, eggs, waffle machines, cereal, juice, coffee), and in-room safe are complimentary.
We were there when the water pipe to the hotel broke for parts of 2 days. It was unforeseen but inconvenient. The hotel made arrangements for us to use the IHOP bathrooms next door and automatically discounted one night from our bill.
The staff did what they could for us. They brought bottled water to our room, kept us at least partially informed of what was happening, generally tried to help us, and kept apologizing for the inconvenience.
Since the water pipe break was unforeseen, the staff tried hard to be helpful, and the hotel discounted us one night from their side, I don't want to trash them.
I would recommend this place to my family and friends.

2  Thank James T

Dear James T.,

I would like to extend my thanks to you and your family for your understanding in regard to the water outage. Despite the inconvenience you still had some really great comments about our hotel and I truly appreciate that. Thank you for choosing the Park Vue Inn and for recommending us to other travelers.