“You're here for Disneyland, right?”
Review of Park Vue Inn

Park Vue Inn
Ranked #11 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Sammamish, WA
“You're here for Disneyland, right?”
Reviewed 18 August 2008

I chose this motel because I wanted a budget-priced motel close to Disney that provided breakfast, free parking and a pool. What we got was a budget-priced motel that was right at the crosswalk to Disney, a free breakfast, free parking and a pool. The pool didn't have slides but the kids didn't care - it was reasonably sized and the motel provided towels poolside. The kids loved it. The breakfast was fine: toast, cereal, fruit, waffles, yogurts and donuts. It was constantly stocked by the efficient and friendly attendant.

Our room was not ready when we arrived and I was a little unimpressed by the desk clerk, but others did their job fine and hey, I wasn't at a five-star hotel. They were quite helpful when we asked for information about Anaheim and nearby attractions.

The kids loved the bunkbeds and the room was always scrupulously clean and had plenty of towels; the only complaints were that the air conditioning smelled a little odd (but we're not used to a/c; does it always smell bad?) and there was no designated reading light over the bunks, which at times frustrated the 12-year-old. The one channel we wanted to watch - for Olympic highlights - had terrible reception but we got kind of used to the fuzzy screen and hey, we weren't really there to watch tv anyway.

Our daughter was delighted that each day, her stuffed animals were arranged thoughtfully on her bunk by housekeeping. We loved being able to watch the fireworks each evening from our second-floor room and our proximity to Disney in general. The fridge was a good size and held plenty of drinks and food so we were able to return to the motel for lunch and a siesta.

There was laundry onsite and it was quite reasonable as coin laundries go: I was able to dry one very large load in just one batch.

We would definitely recommend this motel for families on a budget who want to be able to walk to and from the Disneyland parks easily. Don't expect the Taj Mahal, because it's not, but we felt we got very good value for our money.

• Liked — location, location, location
  • Disliked — no reading light over the bunk beds
  • Stayed August 2008
4 Thank montmom

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (500)
Kelowna
Reviewed 12 August 2008

We arrived at the Park Vue on July 29th. Room was ready when we got there and the front desk staff were very nice and helpful.

Our room was located near the back of the parking lot on the 2nd floor. Room was plain but overall clean. Beds were comfy enough. My biggest complaint would be that the sheets were GREY and the 1 bed had the pillow shams on it and the other bed had none. Pillows were very flat and the bed without shams was even missing some pillow cases. Now as we didn't spend a ton of time in the room we didn't bother saying anything. I did think that they would have at least thought on their own to make sure both beds had the shams and pillow cases. We did arrive the day of the earthquake so thought that maybe this was the case for the slightly unfinished look to the room on day 1.

The air conditioning unit was located in the Sink/Kitchen area and the fins that should stay open to allow the air to pass through were broken so we had to use a face cloth to keep them open. Due to the Air being so far away from the main sleeping area the room did get a little stuffy. Shower and bathroom were fine. We had to run the air off while standing at the sink however as you froze from it blasting straight at you.
Very limited TV channels and the ones we did get were fuzzy most of the time. Now watching TV is not something we do a lot of when you are going to Disneyland but it would be nice to get a decent news channel. Also there are NO phones in the rooms, they have house phones located in the walkways.

My husband said that the pool was very nice - no hot tub though.

Continental breakfast was Very simple although the banana's were some of the freshest I have ever had.

Overall it was a great location but I think next time I would rather spend a little more and stay a little further away and just shuttle as we didn't walk back and forth as I thought we would.
Great location for families with little kids that want to be really close to Disney and are on a budget.

• Liked — Close to Disneyland
  • Disliked — Air conditioning, no Hot Tub, Need to purchase WHITE sheets. They always looked dirty
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank pamvan
Saskatchewan
Reviewed 31 July 2008

Our family of five spent 4 nights at the Park Vue in early July. We arrived at the hotel on a Tuesday afternoon and were given our room quickly. Our room was on the ground floor. We had a kitchen area with a small fridge, stove, microwave and coffee pot. Our room also had a sitting area with a fold out couch, a fireplace and a flat screen tv. Off the sitting area was a bedroom with 2 queen sized beds a full sized closet, dresser a small table with two chairs and a second tv.
We were very happy with our room. There was plenty of space for the five of us and Disney was such a short walk away that we were able to come back to the room for lunch and a rest in the heat of the afternoon.
The other thing we enjoyed about the motel was that it was very quiet. We had driven almost 30 hours to get there and had spent the previous 2 nights in Las Vegas and so found the setting of this motel to be quiet relaxing.
Our room was kept clean. I didn't see a bug (and trust me I look)! The front desk staff were also very helpful with driving information that we needed.
If I were to return to the area I would definately stay at the Park Vue again.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — No complaints!
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank beach4me42
San Jose, CA
Reviewed 24 July 2008

We booked rooms 145, 146, and 210. When we first went in our rooms we all had thought they were doable rooms, the $128 price tag on a Monday and Tuesday was I think a little much but we agreed because of the location. The problem we had was not really with the room, just the room mates that came with the room. COCKROACHES!!!!! Mom was freaked out, sis was freaked out, I had to be the exterminator that night. I caught 2 (they were nice sized, about 1 1/2 inches long. The rest got away. They did come back out at night on the walls but would scurry away when the lights came on. We told the receptionist about the roaches but she insisted they were "Palm Bugs" I showed her the 2 critters and even after seeing them for herself she insisted they were these palm bugs and they couldn't do anything about them! Trust me folks I have seen enough cockroaches to be able to identify them lol. Anyways we had 4 kids with us and mom wanted to leave and go next door to the next hotel but we all talked her into staying so we didn't loose a day at Disneyland. These people cared nothing for our problem. We paid over $1300 for rooms and they said for your problem they would refund us $23!!!! Anyways thats my experience with these folks. I would consider the surrounding area hotels before this one.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Cockroaches
5 Thank xefxproductions
Citrus Heights (sacramento county)
Reviewed 8 July 2008

*read this reveiw if you want some information on this hotel*

My Family stayed here July 2008 for 5 days.(we have 3 kids ages 1,4,10, there were 3 adults, so 6 of us total) We got a room with a queen bed, a bunk bed and a crib. Check in is at 3:00 We arrived early at 2:00 and the room was ready so they let us in our room.
about 20 minutes later, the front desk called our room to make sure we had everything we needed.

The room was clean and cozy. The kids loved the huge bunk beds. The crib was set up next to our bed. There was a mini fridge and microwave. The fridge worked fine keeping the food cold, but the very small freezer did not work to freeze any of our water/soda bottles. Our room was first floor, next to the gift shop.The hotel is the closest to disneyland. You walk to the end of the parking lot and cross the street into disneyland. The longest walk is the disney walkway to the ticket booth. It took about 4-5 minutes to walk up to the entrance beacuse it is long.

The free continental breakfast was a great plus ! (the breakfast is seved upstairs on the second floor all the way at the end, above gift shop area toward the front ) We only ate 2-3 times because we slept in the other days, Breakfast was over at like 9:30, I think it stared around 7:30 am. They served bannanas, oranges, apples, coffee, oj, apple juice, crossoints, waffles, and they had 2 or 3 cereal selections. I remember one being fruit loops. They have milk and syrup, also toast. There is a toaster and micowave to use. They might have had more food but we always got there right before it was over. But it saved us alot of money on breakfast in the morning. We also grabbed an extra couple pieces of fruit to carry to Disneyland.
If you buy an apple or orange there they charge about $2.00 for one piece. (disneyland allows you to bring your own food/drink in.) We brought lots of sodas, waters, crackers, candy, fruit etc. I also carried in my own iced coffee from Mcdonalds and they did not say anything about it. We filled up two backpacks with food/drink to carry. This saved us alot of money.We found a drug store and bought a bunch of the same Fanta orange sodas they sell at disneyland, we stocked up for alot less.

the hotels has a binder with different menus from local delivery places if you want food delivered to your room.

The pool at this hotel closes at 10:00 pm, so we only used it once, But you dont need to bring your own towel, they supply towels in the pool area for you. This was a nice touch.

If you want to buy any disney sunglassed or disney pens , visit the gift shop at the hotel, the pens were like 2.00 compared to $5.00 for one at disneyland. We lost our first autograph pen and had to shell out another $5.00 at disney so we could get an autograph. Also plain colored sunglasses were all about 5.00 a pair the gift shop. they had disney cups ,and lots of other stuff.

The check in lobby was remodled and very clean. They have a late night Cold stone creamery (ice cream store) right in front, this is brand new May 2008. The hotel is right next to a 24 hour Ihop, or a hotel away from 24 hour Dennys. Right next to ihop is another restaruant called Captain Kidds. they have a reg. menu or buffet,the buffet is small though, we did not care for the food so much ourselves but there were alot of people there .We spent about the same as we did in the park with the tip. everytime we left the park to eat, so you may want to eat inside the park unless you go to mcdonalds down the street from the hotel, it is a little walk there. It cost about $50.00 each meal for 5 people eating, no matter where we ate. (we never got a meal for my 1 year old, he ate some of ours, My 4 year old does not each much either so we could have saved an extra $8.00 at least splitting a meal ) but a family of 5 will run at least $40-$50 per meal .

This hotel is a much closer Walk than the on property hotel to actual disneyland park.. It is super close and in a great location. I am going again in December and will be staying here again. I had no complaints with this hotel at all. I would recommed if you want a reasonable hotel with free breakfast and clean rooms. That worked for us since we only used the hotel for sleeping, other than that we were never there.

• Liked — everything
  • Disliked — nothing
4 Thank disneymom3kids
Kaneohe, HI
Reviewed 26 June 2008

We (2 adults, 2 children) stayed for 5 nights and the best thing about the hotel was the location...check in was ok (tried to check in early but the room was not ready, although we were allowed to park, then go get lunch/shop until the room was ready). Front desk said they would call when the room was ready but they never did. The room was clean, but the air conditioner was not quite strong enough (we were there during a heatwave). The refrig/microwave in the room were a great convenience. During the heat of the day we walked back to the room from disney (about a 6 min walk) and had lunch and cooled off. Used the laundry room. Everything worked fine. Breakfast was ok. We paid $120/night. Normally, we go through Priceline and get a way better rate, but cannot get such a great location, so it was worth paying the price.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — no elevator
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled with family
4 Thank samkaysmom
everett wa
Reviewed 20 June 2008

For the money you cant beat this hotel for its location. I have stayed on property (disneyland hotel+ paradise pier) and the walk from park vue to the front gate was much-much faster. I cant believe how much $ we could have saved if we would have stayed here our whole trip.(We split it up between this hotel and paradise pier.) I walked down to the little store and bought food,pop, and cocktail fixins". The room had a fridge and a microwave so that saved alot of money. The breakfast was great and had everything we needed. Yeah the room was a little small and dark but for $60.00 bucks a night, I can deal with it. We were traveling with our 7 and 9 year old girls and I never felt unsafe. They loved the bunkbeds! I would stay here again just for the location and value,I probley could have cut the vacation cost in half if we didnt split up the hotels and just stayed here the whole time!

• Liked — location,location,location!
  • Disliked — rooms a little dark
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled with family