“Great! But one thing i'd do differently...”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Park Vue Inn

and 1 more site!
Park Vue Inn
Ranked #10 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Bay Area, CA
“Great! But one thing i'd do differently...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2014 via mobile

Get a second floor room. I've stayed before and thought it was a great value. I'd just want a second floor room. Otherwise, the amenities are absolutely adequate. Beds are comfortable. Ac blasts strong if you need it. Its a great spot.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank James B
Argenis P, Guest Relations Manager at Park Vue Inn, responded to this review, 26 January 2014
Hi James,

It was great to have you back at the Park Vue Inn. Thank you for your continued business. Hope to see you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (492)
Portland, Oregon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2014

This motel has plenty of pluses- free breakfast, nice little pool area, friendly staff, and it's one of the closest to Disneyland. However, it was INCREDIBLY noisy. There was a constant cacophony of car alarms, construction, and loud people walking by our room at all hours. This resulted in next to no sleep and I would really only consider staying here again if I was guaranteed one of the rooms on the second floor toward the back of the property.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank PortlandMorgan
Please accept our sincere apology for the disturbance during your visit. We appreciate and value your feedback. Please call the hotel directly before your next visit and we'll do what we can to find a room that's perfect for your needs.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2014

On past visits, I've stayed at six other properties near Disneyland, including the Disneyland Hotel. For my money, this is the best of all of them. It is right across the street from the Park, and I got a great night's sleep because the bed was so comfortable. There were three adults and one child in our party. The child loved the bunk bed. The room size is typical and perfectly adequate since we didn't spend much time in it.
The positives: friendly staff, breakfast included hot items, beds were very comfortable, free wifi, lots of tv channels, three close-by restaurants, small store on-site with souvenirs and sundries, frig, microwave, very quiet near the back of the property, in-room safe, swimming pool and hot tub, luggage storage for people whose rooms are not yet ready for check-in, iHop on premises. Negatives: No elevator, hence no access to second-floor breakfast for disabled guests.
Hotel is undergoing room renovations, but that did not impact our experience.
I will definitely stay here on my next visit.

Room Tip: Stay near the rear of the property to avoid noise from active children. Go to their breakfast either...
1 Thank Raginggranny
We'd like to extend a great big Thank You for choosing to stay at the Park Vue Inn. We are so thrilled to read that you've tried the rest and deemed us the best! We appreciate your feedback and look forward to your next visit.
Foresthill, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2014

This is our second stay at the Park Vue Inn. They have upgraded [and continue to upgrade] the rooms although it is still a budget motel. We had adjoining rooms for my husband and I and our daughter's family [they could NOT guarantee adjoining rooms, but did accommodate my request]. This motel is directly across the street from Disneyland's main entrance which makes it perfect to come and go as you please, especially with little ones who need a nap [us too!!!].

The rooms were comfortable, the amenities great and the complimentary buffet breakfast perfect! They have discontinued a few other things they offered 2 years ago, but still it was the perfect place to stay. We will stay there again!

I highly recommend this motel to others. If you're looking for a 5 star hotel, this is NOT the place for you, but if you want clean, convenient and friendly staff, this is the place! Also, free parking for the duration of your stay. You can even come in early and park although your room might not be available.

Room Tip: When you're tired from a long day at Disneyland, all rooms are great! Our first visit 2 years a...
Dear Vanessa,

Thank you for choosing to stay with the Park Vue Inn again. We have made some changes over the years and hope to keep getting better. Currently we are upgrading again and by your next trip you should be pleasantly surprised by the changes. We really appreciate your continued business and look forward to your next visit.
Vancouver, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2014

Our family of 5 stayed here for 4 nights over the New Year. We arrived early and were greeted warmly and given a pass to park our car. We then walked about 500 steps to the entrance of the park. You CANNOT beat the location! The room was ready around 2pm and we had no issues with it. Next time will ask for a room even FARTHER back in the corner to help cut down on the noise from little feet running to breakfast. Speaking of the breakfast - scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, waffles, bagels, cereal, yogurt, fruit - was a GREAT variety for a complementary breakfast! Every request we had from extra towels to extra toilet paper was taken care of quickly and with true helpfulness. This is the only place I will stay when coming to Disneyland from now on!

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the front of the hotel, and without a connecting room - the door that conne...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Cheryl J
Dear Cheryl,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. Wow, that's so great to know that we are now your go to hotel when visiting Disneyland! We are very pleased to read that you and your family had a great experience. We hope to see you again sometime soon.
Burnsville, Minnesota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2014

We stayed at the Park Vue Inn one night before a trip to Disneyland.
Room prices were good considering it was during the Christmas/New Years Holiday.

Grandkids loved the heated pool, and all found something they liked at the breakfast buffet.
Adults enjoyed the fresh cookies in the lobby and the positive attitudes of every staff member we came in contact with.

All enjoyed the fact that we were directly across the street from Disneyland's main entrance.

We would not hesitate to return.

Room Tip: We prefer the first floor rooms.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Argenis P, Guest Relations Manager at Park Vue Inn, responded to this review, 23 January 2014
Thank you for sharing your review. We are very pleased that you and your family had a great stay at the Park Vue Inn. Hope to see you again this year.
WA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

Let me start by saying that there is no denying the location is outstanding. The entrance to Disneyland is literally on the other side of the street.
The staff was nice and check in/out fast.
The room itself however had several issues for me. First, I couldn't find an elevator, perhaps there is one I havent seen but I would have rather not carried strollers up and down the stairs.
The room looks, smells and feels old. The furniture is worn out and made with cheap material to start with. The bunk bed's matresses were very soft and not particularly confortable. The bathroom had caulk isses all over, and the bath faucet was dripping. Additionally the bath drain wasn't working well, causing water to accumulate as I was showering. I also found (somebody else's) hair in my "fresh" towel. The towels themselves are really old and probably have never been washed with softener. My biggest issue however is the heater/cooler. I'm not exagerating saying that it was as loud as my 20 years old gas furnace. But while my furnace is in the garage, this cooler was 2 feet away from the the bunkbed. Even after an exhausting day at Disney, I wasn't able to have a good night sleep due to the furnace, I mean, heater/cooler kicking in ever hour or so.
One problem I cannot attribute to the hotel is the "private taxi" service Park Vue Inn works with and procured for my family on our way back to John Wayne. This was a "fixed price" service of $35 (as stated by the Park Vue Inn person). The first red flag was that the car was missing some of the "hooks" you anchor kids carseats to, making the car seat a lot more unsafe. And once we got to the airport I was asked $45. I refused to pay that price, and ended up not paying the extra $10, but this felt like sort of a scam for families with kids that are in a hurry and might not want to spend time arguing.
To finish on a good note, breakfast was good, even though the first day the coffee machine was broken, and the second day the oj machine was broken. The kids enjoyed the fresh waffles.
Having now a better feeling for the area and distances, I think next time I'll look for something perhaps more expensive but also higher quaility.
All in all, the price/value ratio is still decent, but only because of the location.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Jack_J
Argenis P, Guest Relations Manager at Park Vue Inn, responded to this review, 8 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We are sorry to read that you did not find our accommodations satisfactory. Sounds like there were some noticeable areas in your guest room that were less than perfect . We value the feedback, good or bad, as this helps us to better our services. We are currently in the process of upgrading the rooms and that includes new bathroom fixtures, new carpet and new furniture. Hopefully you will consider revisiting our property later this year, we know you'll be impressed with the improvements.