“"Location, Location, Location"”
Review of Park Vue Inn

Park Vue Inn
Ranked #10 of 119 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed 25 February 2014

The location of this hotel is perfect for people visiting Disneyland, especially with kids. It is the closest hotel to the entrance of Disneyland, Literally across the street. The rooms are decent, you get what you pay for, but the location is totally worth it. The bunk beds are a big hit with the kids, and the free hot breakfast was awesome, great way to save some $$$$. The pool was nice as well. Overall you can't beat this location for this price.

Room Tip: Queen size room with bunk bed is a big hit with the kids.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Plantman24
Argenis P, Guest Relations Manager at Park Vue Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience. We are so please you and your family had a great stay a the Park Vue Inn.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,204)

Reviewed 22 February 2014

I read so many reviews on this hotel that were favourable, I was sure it would be great even though I knew it was considered budget. I had phoned once and emailed once to request a second floor room near the back because we wanted to be somewhat away from the busy parking lot. We were so disappointed to arrive quite late and be given the first room beside the lobby on the ground floor! It was very small, musty and not at all private. If you open the curtains, there are a bunch of headlights shining in! The nice kid at the front desk was apologetic, but could do nothing to help because the rest of the hotel was fully booked and he explained rooms were not assigned in advance so he was sorry that my requests had not been honoured, but that I should have been told that in advance (I had been told thank you for the requests and the staff would do their best). I know you are not in your room much at all in Disneyland, but when on holiday I still want a bit more of a nice hotel experience. The next day I went straight to the Sheraton and the Howard Johnson and discovered their rates were very close to what we were paying so we moved to the Howard Johnson and absolutely loved it. The only difference was no breakfast, but it was worth it. Park Vue's breakfast is pretty good, as described by others and perhaps those back rooms are more spacious and comfortable, but be clear that this is a dated motel and being directly across the street may not be all it is cracked up to be. I was actually happy to walk 10 minutes away from the crowd to be in a quieter location and have the full service hotel experience.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank Erin D
Argenis P, Guest Relations Manager at Park Vue Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Thank you for your review. I'm sorry you were not satisfied with your experience, however I'm happy you found a suitable alternative for the remainder of your stay. We are in the process of upgrading our guest rooms and the transformation will be complete in May of this year. Hopefully you will take a second look when planning your next vacation to Disneyland. We look forward to the opportunity to be of better service.

Reviewed 20 February 2014

Over the years I've stayed at many of the hotels surrounding Disneyland. I've stayed at the Park Vue more often than other hotels in recent years, and the reason why is simple: it's a great place to stay!

The only time I've been disappointed with this hotel is when there was refurbishments going on while they upgraded the rooms, and I had to stay in a room with a handicapped shower, that I just didn't know how to use without water spreading across the floor, and into the adjoining kitchenette area.

Everything else at this hotel has been great. The breakfast is superb, and plentiful, allowing me to save money by not eating breakfast at the parks. The distance to the resort is fantastic, and seemingly closer than any other hotel, including the ones on Disney property.

Don't let the Grand Californian fool you. While there are some rooms up front close to the exit into Downtown Disney, the Grand Californian is a huge hotel, and most of the rooms are far from the exit point, making the rooms a further distance from the park than the Park Vue Inn is.

The amenities at the Park Vue, while being better previously (they used to drop off a gift basket with wine, bottles of water, and fruit in your room upon check in. They also used to give complementary bottles of water out at the front desk. They even had a complimentary light dinner available at the hotel, which would save you more money if you decided to take advantage of it.) are still nice, because I do like a fresh cookie from time to time, and the front desk often has them. The juice choices in the lobby are just fine, and welcome on a hot day, too. Even better, although check in isn't until 3 PM, they WILL let you place your bags in storage in a room adjoined to the lobby, and even bring your bags to your room for you before you even check in, in case you get to the hotel early, and want to spend the day in the park.

It's a great place to go, and I'm a little pissed that my wife purchased a time share last time we stayed, because now we'll be staying at the stupid time share hotel, which isn't as nice, and is a lot further away from the parks than I'd like to be staying, because I don't want to have to deal with the ART late at night, and run the risk of having to walk back a mile or two to the hotel I'll be staying at from now on.

In the end, the Park Vue Inn is a great place to stay loaded with great workers, great breakfast, a location that can't be beat, and of course singing ice cream slingers downstairs at Cold Stone Creamery. The workers there even recognized my family and I over time, because we'd stay there once or twice a year. The place will be missed once the city of Anaheim tears it down for the proposed trolly or light rail service they've been mulling over for the last decade.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that doesn't have a handicap bathroom. You'll slide out into the kitchenette...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Adam A
Reviewed 19 February 2014

We stayed at the Park Vue last October for our family Disneyland trip. This hotel is located directly accross the street from Disneyland, literally the parking lot meets the cross walk, its awesome!!! We went during a pretty busy weekend and the hotel was full so we had to switch rooms.. This wasn't really a problem, they moved our bags over from room to room for us. I liked that they have bunk beds... The kids still wanted the bigger queen bed, but it just gave the room a fun feel. Perfect if you have 6 people in one room! Might be crowded for getting ready cause the bathroom isn't huge, but definitely enough room for sleeping! The only complaint I have about this hotel is the noise.. We were on the bottom floor and especially our second room that was closer to the front was very loud.. We could hear all the luggage rollers above us.. Screaming little kids.. Etc.. I would stay here again, I would just ask for an upper level room in the back to make it more quiet. But overall this is a good price for the location and stay, breakfast is good, and it is held on a little balcony area where you can see Disneyland.. I bet to see the fireworks from there would be awesome! The Kids loved how close we were, it made them even more excited when we arrived!

Room Tip: Due to noise. I would choose a room toward the back of the hotel and on the top floor.. Walls are ve...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Mperez4
Reviewed 16 February 2014

We stayed at the Park Vue Inn for one night and it was just perfect. We were able to park our car at the motel before we checked in which was so nice and convenien as we were headed to Disneyland. Check -in was at 3pm but we needed an afternoon break from Disneyland and came back to motel at 1:30pm to see if our room might be ready. It wasn't but within about 10 minutes they told us it was..... Wonderful!
The breakfast the next morning had much variety.
We will definitely return to the Park Vue Inn...so glad we found it!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 February 2014

We chose this hotel based on free breakfast and location, which we were both great! HOWEVER...I don't expect to pay over $100/night for a room that smells like mildew, has mildew in the bathroom, and the AC/Heater smells like mildew. We couldn't run the fan, because our boys have asthma, and I was afraid it would make it worse. So we were freezing at night (thin sheets and blankets, we had to bring our own blankets in from the car), and weren't able to use the fan to block the tons of noise from outside!

The room was not fully stocked everyday, though 2 days we got fancy towel animals on our bed?
The day we got there (4pm) there were maid carts everywhere, bags and piles of linens all over the ground, and the housekeeping staff hanging out downstairs. We had to maneuver around this stuff to unload our car and climb the stairs. There was even a cart in front of our room that I had to move.

The bunk bed was great and the bed was comfortable, the front desk staff was great also.

Your housekeeping staff is your downfall, and we won't be coming back for that reason. I see the management posting about renovations and please come back and see us then. Well, that just means the price is gonna go up...

• Stayed: February 2014

We are sorry to read about your less than satisfactory stay. Please except our sincere apology for the inconvenience you experienced. The housekeeping supervisor has been made aware of your comments. We will continue to better our property and services, so hopefully you will take a second look at the Park Vue Inn before booking your next trip to Disney. We would love the opportunity to be of better service.

Reviewed 15 February 2014

Stayed 4 nights mid Jan2014. Rooms are big has 2 x queen size beds , very clean , very homely feeling. Had a room at the back of the hotel , 2nd floor, there are no lifts just stairs , was quiet even with the excitement of children and Disneyland. The Hotel is the closest to Disneyland entrance just across the road could not ask for a better location as you could come back and rest then go back to Disneyland. Hotel staff are warm and friendly , breakfast is ample , make your own waffles, bread , bagels , cereal, yoghurt, juice , tea, coffee, eggs,sausage,fried potatoes, there is plenty , don't know why people complained on trip advisor about this breakfast. Yes it gets busy , but there was a good flow of people and the staff always restocked. As a retired Travel Agent I cold not fault this 2-3 star property and would recommended it and would stay here again. Don't expect all the bells and whistles , excellent value for money, plus there is an onsite laundry facility. Patrick Brisbane
Austalia
whistles,

Room Tip: If you are prepared to carry your luggage a top floor room towards the rear of the Hotel
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Patrick M
Argenis P, Guest Relations Manager at Park Vue Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

Thank you for mentioning the staff, and thank you for sharing your experience. We are thrilled you found everything you needed for a great family vacation at the Park Vue Inn. We appreciate your business and we hope you'll stay with us again on your next visit to Disneyland.