“Great Stay, would stay again.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Park Vue Inn

and 1 more site!
Park Vue Inn
Ranked #10 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
“Great Stay, would stay again.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

My two young boys and I did a 3 day/2 night trip to Disneyland over Memorial Day weekend. When we arrived at 9am we were greater with a smile. They held our bags in a locked room so we could be off to Disneyland. When we returned at 3:30 for a nap our room was ready. They had moved all our bags into our room for us. This was so very appreciated!

We had a double queen room near the stairs on the first floor. We rarely heard any noise while we were in the room. The room was newly renovated and quite clean. The beds were very comfortable. The carpets passed the white sock test. The curtains blocked out the sun nicely. The wood look tile in the entry and bath area looked nice. It could be a little rough on bare, tired feet. The room was very spacious. There was plenty of room for our stroller, bags, and all 3 of us. The best part for me was the room was very light and bright with overhead lighting and lamps.
Breakfast was very nice. We enjoyed the waffles and fruit salad. The potatoes were gone by 8:30 and not replaced. There was a lot of other things though.
When it was time to checkout, they held our bags again since our flight wasn't until 8:20pm. This was very appreciated.
All in all, it was a great stay and we will stay here again if the price to value stays the same.

• Stayed May 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (492)
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

This hotel is all about location. A 5 minute walk to the front gate of Disneyland. But the issue I had with this place was the front counter help and the no early check-in. Check in is listed @ 3:00 pm. I arrived from the airport at 2:00. They greeted me, took all of my information. Charged my credit card. The whole time i'm thinking my room must be ready. They are checking me in. The next line out of the ladies mouth is "unfortunately your room is not ready. Please check back at 3:00" I find a place to eat since i'm not going to Disneyland leave and come back to check-in. I arrive back at 2:45 and wait the 15 minutes till 3:00. Still no check-in. (Room not ready) Since the employees don't stay at the front desk. (There must be a room in the back they hang out in). You really can't ask any questions. Other guest are arriving with no check-in. I hear the clerk say to one family. There room wouldn't be ready til 4:00. Finally my room was "release" at 3:40. Room 142 was clean and neat, bottom floor. Breakfast was provided each morning. Pool area and spa were small but not crowded. Renovation going on when I was there. Last day there we didn't go to the park but to the beach. Arrived back to our room at 2:00 to take a quick nap. You guessed it. They started to replace the furniture and carpet in the rooms above us. This lasted about two hours. There are other hotels in the area. I personally wouldn't stay here again.

3 Thank Colo01
Brian D, General Manager at Park Vue Inn, responded to this review, 25 May 2014
Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience you experienced at check in. The circumstances that caused the delay would only sound like an excuse, so I'll save the explanation. I have addressed this situation with my staff to ensure this won't be repeated. I know that you said you won't stay with us again; however, should you have a change of heart, we would greatly appreciate the chance to be of better service.
Jerusalem
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

From the moment we booked with the hotel's friendly staff, till the moment we checked out it was wonderful.
Staff courteous, friendly and professional. Clean room. Terrific breakfast. Directly accross the street from the entrance to the parks.
We stayed parents and 5 children in the double queen and bunkbed room. We told them ahead of time we would be 7 and they were fine with that because larger suite was taken.
Would only add that it would be nice if the bathroom was a little more updated and if there was a table and some chairs to have a family meal in the room.
Otherwise, perfect and would definitely book here again
Pool was also great!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank NYG777
Alamo, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

This was our second time we stayed at Park Vue this year. First time was in January 2014.
We asked for a room on the second floor, because the rooms on first floor can get noisy from all the kids (quite understandably) running/jumping/doing what kids do on the second floor. Not a big deal, but can make all the difference for someone trying to catch an early sleep, or with a younger child.
Anyway, the front desk accommodated, but we had to put the request in a couple of months in advance (my personal choice, maybe you don't HAVE to do it THAT much in advance :)). So the room was quiet.
And clean! Unlike the last time. They're almost done with renovating the place, and it looks really clean and nice, and (not unreasonably, new). I really do hope it stays that way! We will keep staying at Park Vue as the location is unbeatable.
They have good breakfast (although this time around fresh fruit, like apples and bananas, were missing from the bfast bar, but there was fresh fruit salad; maybe because people took lots of fruit with them to the park :). God knows, we took two apples in January :).).
Did I mention the location? Oh, and IHOP :), which is right there, next to the hotel.
Prices are a tad high, but I guess the location is to blame.
I have to complain about something, right? Our friends had pillows that were really rock hard. Easily fixable by calling housekeeping, I think. But our friends didn't. Their fault :)
Bottom line - great location, clean, comfortable, nice breakfast. Don't stay here, otherwise if the place gets too popular it will be harder for me to make a reservation next time we come.

4 Thank Max M
Brian D, General Manager at Park Vue Inn, responded to this review, 25 May 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Park Vue Inn again. My staff was thrilled that your new review showed improvement from your last review, and that we are now your go to hotel when visiting Anaheim. We truly appreciate your business, and we look forward to your next stay with us.
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

My recent stay at the Park Vue Inn was the same as all previous: comfortable, affordable, and convenient. I visit frequently and used to stay at several different "good neighbor" hotels close to Disneyland, but once I found this one I quit switching. Accommodations are clean and neatly appointed, staff is friendly and helpful. I have no complaints.

Currently undergoing renovation which makes several rooms unavailable, so make your reservation well in advance.

2 Thank sunny95833
Yakima WA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

We have stayed in 4 different hotels within walking distance to Disneyland. This last one, Park Vue, was the best overall value. Because we were bringing a toddler and preschooler with us, we desired the flexibility of close location for naps and breaks, and a complete breakfast. This place delivered and then some. It is literally the closest hotel to the main gate. Once you walk past the bus pick-up zone and cross Harbor Blvd, you are there. I am a grandmother, but I was able to return to the room and back to Paradise Pier in 15 minutes, including the time it took to change clothes. (Splash Mountain on a cool night!)

The breakfast was exceptional, with plenty of outdoor patio seating, which we all enjoyed on the sunny mornings. Every day there was plenty of eggs, sausage or bacon, waffles, cereals, biscuits and gravy, coffee, milk and juice.

The rooms were next to each other, as we requested. The beds were very comfortable, as was the A/c and heat.
VERY quiet -- we were near the back of the hotel on the 2nd floor. FLAWLESSLY CLEAN, and just recently remodeled.

The kids loved the smallish pool and hot tub, close to all the rooms. TV was large, flat screen mounted on the wall. All amenities were restocked daily.

Staff was great -- and promptly answered all our questions.

The price may seem a little high compared to others one can find on Expedia or Orbitz. But these other places are half mile or more away from the main gate. If you consider the great breakfast, its the best value.

Room Tip: Quieter rooms are the farthest from Harbor Blvd, on the back of the hotel complex. In back of these...