“Really wanted it to be better than it was...”
Review of Park Vue Inn

Park Vue Inn
Ranked #9 of 119 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed 25 July 2014

I am going to add a prefix to this and say that I really wish that I could give this place a better review than I am about to. Believe me, it would be worse if it were not for the location and the attempts to make the situation better by giving us some discounts.

This story is not short, but it contains some things to think about. So when we arrived we were treated to cookies and lemonade at the front desk. The staff was very nice and they explained everything that I needed to know. We headed to our room 244 and it seemed pretty good. The room was clean and cool. My wife went ahead and unpacked as she does on vacation. Then I used the washroom and discovered that the sink drain was leaking. We called the front desk and they sent the maintenance guy over right away. The guy was very nice and asked if it was ok to make a bit of noise as he worked and we said of course do what you have to do. So he worked for about 15 minutes and then told us he would have to call his supervisor in because he had the snake stuck way down in the wall and couldn't get it out. We waited and he said that we might have to move to another room so he spoke to the front desk and they called us and gave us the option of moving to a jacuzzi room with a single king bed. We discussed it for a few minutes and then called the front desk back. They told us new information that we could switch, but after two nights we would have to switch again because they needed that room. I asked if there was anyone we could speak to about being reimbursed for like 50% of the night or something. They said they would talk to a manager the next morning and they would call us.

The new room was very warm as the AC had been left off. And the fridge door was left open so we couldn't cool our water and food down after being in a hot car for 8+ hours. To be honest I think the jacuzzi room is kind of tacky and reminds me of a 99 cent motel or something. The next morning I realized that I had forgotten my Oakley sunglasses case (not cheap), in the previous room. We mentioned it at the front desk and they sent a maintenance guy to check (I told them exactly where I had left it, on the desk in front of the lamp.). Apparently it wasn't there. I told the girl at the front desk that I would consider that stolen as I am 100% certain of where it was.

That whole day I received no call from any managers, no apology for the room, my sunglass case, no discussion about reconciling for the inconvenience of moving nothing.

The next day we had to move, we took our bags to the lobby as I wasn't having someone who I already know stole something handle my bags. They put them in their storage and we went to the parks. We came back later in the day and got the bags and headed to our new new room. It was not the same as the first room, but close. We unpacked our bags and went to lock our valuables in the in-room safe and what do ya know the safe doesn't work. We called the front desk and were told they would sent maintenance right away. We waited for half an hour and nobody came. I called back and they said sorry and they would send someone over right away. Another 45 minutes go by and still no maintenance. Here we are sitting for over an hour waiting to head out for dinner. Finally I got so fed up I headed down to the front desk and one of the clerks decided he would come and take a look. As we walked back to our room I explained to the front desk clerk that I felt they really needed to fix a few things with their hotel. I explained how in my eyes they perform way too much reactive maintenance than they do preventative maintenance, He seemed to agree with me somewhat.

Once we had returned to the room he checked the safe and noticed that the battery cover was missing and had been taped over to hold them in (SEE?!?!). He got it going, but noticed that the safe wouldn't close as I guess someone had locked it previously while it was open. He called the maintenance guy over the walkie-talkie he had and the maintenance guy showed up within 2 minutes (where was that service an hour and a half ago?). This ended the problems with our rooms thankfully. I'm sure that the front desk staff was sick of hearing from us and frankly I was sick of calling them. I have never had to phone the front desk so many times in one stay.

Now for the actual hotel/rooms/area etc:

The rooms seemed half decent, they could do with some minor updates in the bathrooms, but aside from that they are styled nicely. The WiFi was great although it was annoying because you would have to reenter the username and password every 12 hours or something. The TV channel selection was actually pretty good. The beds were nothing to complain about, but certainly weren't the best we had ever slept on (they did make a bit of noise too). The AC worked great in the queen rooms, but the one in the king room seemed a little underpowered for the size of the room. The grounds were kept tidy, the free parking was nice, and the breakfast saved us a bit of money. Speaking of the breakfast it was nice to sit outside for breakfast, but they need better chairs on the patio area. The ones they have are so reclined you have to sit on the very edge of the seat to be actually sitting at the table to eat. Also I don't know what it is with people and biscuits&gravy, but it was utterly disgusting and bland. We didn't even bother the second time it was supposed to be breakfast and we went to Disneyland for beignets instead.

Overall the saving grace for this place is its location as the entrance to DL and DCA is right across the street. It is not the nicest place, but they have decent customer service and it has free parking, wifi, and breakfast. Would I stay again? Maybe I'm not 100% sure. Nice thing was we ended up being reimbursed for two nights + $50 so we definitely ended up with a great deal on it.

Room Tip: Get a second floor queen room, don't waste your time with the King Jacuzzi room...very tacky.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
9  Thank mjw716
Brian D, General Manager at Park Vue Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2014

Dear MJW,

I would like to extend a sincere apology for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay. Although your review tells a different version of events from what the front desk reported, I assure you that the details of your complaints have been addressed with my entire staff. We strive to provide great guest experiences and we hope you will consider giving us another opportunity to be of better service on your next trip to Disneyland.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,213)

Reviewed 24 July 2014

We stayed in a family room with a kitchen. It had two rooms, one had two queen beds, the other had a fold out couch and kitchen. The property was a bit dated but everything worked and it was clean. There was a free buffet breakfast every morning which the kids enjoyed. The staff were all nice. The room was one floor up so it was a little hard to drag our bags up - ask for a ground floor room if this is a problem. The best feature is the location. It is directly opposite the cross walk to the Disneyland pathway / gate which is fabulous for those with little kids who need to return in the middle of the days for naps etc. I would stay here again.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank nicos_melb
Reviewed 23 July 2014

This inn is directly across the street from the entrance to Disneyland. You can't get a better location! Is it as fancy as the Disney properties? Of course not, so it depends on what is important to you. The beds are really comfortable, and the free breakfast is fine. The price, however, which includes free parking, is great. We priced the Disney properties and they were hundreds of dollars more. Since we were seldom in the room, we didn't think it was worth spending the extra money. Make sure to book early because the inn fills up fast. People were there trying to get a room but it was completely booked. Also, make sure to book directly with the inn. Other websites ask you to pay ahead of time but the inn only asks for your card to hold the room and you can cancel if necessary.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Victoria L
Reviewed 23 July 2014

My daughter and I found the location of the property to be ideal. Literally a cross-walk away from the entrance to Disneyland! No hassles with shuttles or parking. The property itself was clean and well kept, and we especially enjoyed the Cold Stone Creamery after a day at the amusement park. The thing we appreciated the most, however, were the professional and friendly staff. We were impressed that the staff at the desk was bilingual, and the managers Brian and Melissa went out of their way to make us feel welcome, almost like a member of the family! For anyone travelling to Disneyland or the Anaheim area, we would totally recommend Park Vue.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Janet S
Reviewed 22 July 2014

My wife and I, along with our two boys ( 6yrs and 1 1/2 ) stayed here for two nights in late June early July. Initially we felt the price was a little out of our range for our Disneyland trip, but we eventually decided to stay here because the location seemed too good to pass up. So we went ahead and gave this location a shot. It was EXACTLY what we were looking for as far as location, comfort and overall enjoyment. We stayed on the upper level and we had a really nice view of the Disneyland fireworks. Although we didn't have breakfast at our hotel during our stay, the breakfast balcony was very nice and would also provide a nice viewing spot for fireworks. It was also a good area for us to kill time before check-in. Downstairs towards the entrance, was a little gift shop that had a nice assortment of t-shirts, keychains, magnets, etc. On one side of the hotel was an iHop and on the other side was a Denny's. This worked out great for us because we were able to just walk over to Denny's for dinner on our first night. And of course the main selling point of the Park Vue Inn was the location. It was so convenient to be able to walk out of your room, go down the stairs and literally be across the street from the main entrance to the Disney parks. We always take an afternoon break from the park when we visit Disneyland, and the location made it a breeze to just leave the park and quickly be in our room again. This was such a big plus, but really everything about the hotel was nice. The room was very clean, the beds were comfy, the ac worked well and the shower had consistent hot and cold water. I didn't notice much noise from the other rooms, but then again we were upstairs, so it might have been a little noisier for the people below us. Also, the front staff was very friendly and was never rude or unaccommodating. I think the only little problem was the fact that there wasn't a normal deadbolt on the door. There was a lock from the inside, but when you turned the door handle, it unlocked it and then you were able to open the door. This would normally be ok, but our 1 year old would occasionally open the door by pulling on the door handle thus unlocking the door. It really wasn't that big of an issue ( we ended up just putting one of the chairs up against the door to block it) but it's something to think about if you have small children with you. Overall we had a really great time here and decided that we would definitely stay here again for our next Disneyland vacation.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Michael G
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We are a family of 6 and find it tough to find affordable and comfortable hotel accommodation. We took a leap of faith on this property as we have never been to Disneyland before and we were so glad we did.

We had a suite room which was very comfortable and fitted us all in nicely for the 12 nights we were there. The kids used the pool and they loved it.

The room we were in wasn't redecorated but it was still clean and the decor although dated was fine.

My whole family has agreed that the beds are 'awesome' probably the most comfortable beds we have ever slept in.

The highlight is its proximity to Disneyland, so close literally a 5 minute walk and your through the gates in the park. It was so good at the end of a long day with young kids to walk 5 minutes and be in your hotel room.

The complimentary breakfast was a huge bonus for us it mean't we didn't have to hunt around for breakfast and saved big $$$. There were plenty of options that kept us satisfied for the 12 mornings we were there.

We also hired a car and found the complimentary parking great.

All in all we were very impressed and glad that we decided to stay here.

If you do stay here make sure you visit the ice cream shop out the front!

Room Tip: Rooms on the top floor are quieter and you can see Disneyland fireworks from your room.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank DoraSydney
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

The staff was awesome. Traces me and family very well. The pool was nice and really the really the self laundry on site was a saver. Their air conditioning works great too. Location is obviously the best.

• Stayed: July 2014