“Great location!! Literally right across the streets from Disneyland gates”
Review of Park Vue Inn

and 1 more site!
Park Vue Inn
Ranked #11 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
GA
“Great location!! Literally right across the streets from Disneyland gates”
Reviewed 5 June 2009

We stayed here for 1 night during our 2-day visit to Disneyland. We did not do anything except sleep in the room because we spent most of our time at the park. We wanted a hotel right next door to Disneyland mainly so we can get up early and go to the park, also, to park our car! They have free parking for hotel guests. The hotel staff were friendly and the rooms were clean. We overslept so we called the front desk and they were nice about letting us check out at noon instead.
There is an iHop restaurant right next door and a few other restaurants within walking distance. I highly recommend this hotel if you want a hotel literally right across the streets from Disneyland!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tn02

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (500)
Cottonwood, Arizona
Reviewed 26 May 2009

I stayed with my 4 year old in one of the 2 queen bed rooms. While the wood furniture is definitely showing its age, and the mattresses are about due for replacement, and the TV is a bit on the small side, my room was clean and bug-free (always a concern during warmer weather). The larger refrigerator was great and the microwave definitely came in handy. The staff was always friendly especially to my daughter who had never been to Disneyland. As other reviewers have mentioned, you couldn't possibly stay any closer to the parks unless you were to stay at the Grand California, which is actually located in California Adventures. In fact, the Park Vue is probably a shorter walk than to the Disneyland Hotel (but then you get the monorail, for Park Vue you've gotta use your legs). My only two disappointments were that one of my room requests (I got my mother a separate room) was not able to be honored until the 2nd night even though I had made reservations more than a month in advance and there was no printer available for the computer in the lobby. I needed some directions and instead of being able to print off mapquest I had to write down the complicated directions. But considering the price and location, I was very pleased with my stay.

Alhambra
Reviewed 25 May 2009

I want to thank the staff at the Park Vue for a wonderful experience. Staff was very accommodating and went out of their way to be helpful and friendly.

The ammenities in the rooms are better than at the Disney hotels. I appreciate having a mini fridge, microwave and coffee maker in my room We will be back soon to enjoy their wonderful hospitality. Good job Park Vue!

British Columbia
Reviewed 21 May 2009

My two daughters and I stayed May 14 to 18. While we agreed that the room was smaller and not as new/nice as the Disneyland Hotel we stayed at last time we all agreed that the distance from the park to the hotel and the vastly reduced cost made this a winner.
With kids (age 10), you could walk from the depths of Disneyland and be at the hotel in 10 minutes.

A nice touch was the fact that after 1/2 hour of being in the room the front desk called to ensure everything was fine or if more towels were needed.

The room had been very recently cleaned but unfortuntaely the cleaning agent smell was lingering when we entered the room.

The proximity to restaurants was also a bonus, particularly Mimi's.

I did not have any issue with the beds and do have a bad back.

The breakfast is fine if you want a total carb ladened start to the day: donuts, bread, bagels, fruit loops, etc. If that is not what you want, again the restaurants nearby offer alternatives. I just brought some protein powder to mix with the juice/milk.

We'd stay there again because of the value offered.

1 Thank Tango-7
Newberg, Oregon
Reviewed 18 May 2009

We arrived at the hotel for a 4 night stay across from Disneyland. Check in was a breeze and very fast. The hostess was very pleasant. After opening our room and starting to unpack we received a phone call to verify everything was OK. Very nice touch. We had a room at the end of the row with a King bed and in room jacuzzi tub. The room was layed out well, the tub was great and the bathroom was clean.

Some issues we had.
- We had some issues attempting to figure out how to keep water in the shower while showering. The curtain did not seem to want to contain everything. Shower had good pressure and lots of water.
- On one evening the cleaning staff left a cleaning rag in our room on our cooler. Additionally, while the coffee area was cleaned, it was not replenished. Our thought was the person was interupted and lost track of what he/she was doing.
- The bed was unbelievable uncomfortable. We both like firm mattresses and while we can manage on a soft one, this mattress was so soft we both had back pain during our entire stay. Our heads were also lower then our feet due to the softness of the mattress.
- There was a light outside our room that was on all the time. My wife used hair clips to tie the drapes shut in a attempt to keep the light out.

Some other good things:
- Very close to the park being right across the street. We walked across each day to the park.
- The iHop on site was OK and did a good job of dealing with all the crowds each day.
- Rooms were a good size.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
Central Pennsylvania
Reviewed 18 May 2009

The Park Vue Inn is a value hotel with one great asset: Location.

Unlike others on the Harbor Blvd. strip who may claim to be next to Disneyland, this one is the closest. It is easier to walk to the entrance of both Disney parks from the Park Vue than it is from one of the Disney hotels - at less than half the price. I stayed one week with a family of 4 in one of the suites. I am glad I paid the extra freight for the suite because the normal rooms looked a bit tight. It was reasonably quiet, the beds were comfortable, check-in and out were painless, a welcome basket was provided upon arrival, and you could view the Disney fireworks from your room. Continental breakfast was sufficient, albeit basic.

All in all, I would recommend this hotel for people who are sightseers and do not plan on spending an abundance of time in their rooms. If you want to lounge around your room or the pool, go somewhere else and be prepared to pay more. If you want a basic place to sleep while you are focused on getting up and out to Disneyland and the rest of S. California, than check out the Park Vue Inn.

With the right set of expectations (think no-frills like Southwest Airlines), reasonable people should be satisfied. Yes, there are some subtleties: 1) slow drains in the tub, 2) an occassional bug outside your door in the walkway (rooms face outside so don't be alarmed), 3) a basic continental breakfast with nothing fancy, 4) no elevator, 5) slight dampness that is common in many hotel rooms, 6) carpet that looks like it should have been replaced by now, etc. But these are minor inconveniences along the lines of what one should expect from a value driven establishment.

Intelligent people realize that, in most things in life, you get what you pay for. If you want more amenities, you should find somewhere else and get ready to step up to the plate with more money. If you want a basic hotel, great location, and reasonably helpful staff than the Park Vue Inn is the place to go. I would recommend someone who is looking for modest accomodations and is prepared to overlook minor deficiencies in the interest of budget/location.

1 Thank scottfrompa
australia
Reviewed 16 May 2009

We recently stayed at the Park Vue Inn for 10 nights from 29th April, 2009. It is the PERFECT location for visiting Disneyland with young children ( 5 and 8 Year old ). You can't get any better than walking literally across the road after a long day at the park. We found the hotel was very family friendly and we felt very comfortable the whole time staying there. The pool was great, the laundry was great ( wished it stayed it open longer than 10pm though ) the breakfast was great and staff helpful. It was a safe and relaxing place to come home to.

Only complaint would be the NOISE at times from the rooms above us. The constant sounds of children running up and down the hallways or rooms would echo through to our room. You could hear people in the rooms above our room. But by the time it came about to go to bed, you were that tired anyway so it really didnt affect us too much. Plenty of restuarants within walking distance including IHOP, DENNY's. Found the transport convenient as the Orange County Bus system was right on our doorstep.

Overall, I rate this place very highly. Coming from Australia - you want a safe place to stay, where the atmosphere is relaxed and friendly, the facilities must be clean and tidy and close to everything you need and want. Will definately come back to the Park VUE in a few years.... thank you guys for making our 10 days great.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with family