“GREAT STAY-I WILL RETURN” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Park Vue Inn

Park Vue Inn
Ranked #10 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
oregon
“GREAT STAY-I WILL RETURN”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2007

I booked by Entertainment Book for savings. I paid $99 week days, $120 weekend nights. My dates of stay were March 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7th.

Hotel location is perfect for Disney and CA theme park. Literally the closest hotel across the st. from entrance to these popular attractions. In my opinion, it is even better than the actual Disney Hotels as far as distance you must walk to gain entrance to the parks. You should not need a vehicle unless you wish to travel to other locations/attractions since most everything at least that I needed, was easily within short walking distance.

Key points from my hotel experience: Book upstairs to avoid hearing other's foot steps above you, hense, excess noise. It can be loud when folks return from park in pm when it closes. I had room #231-rather secluded, quiet, 2 queen beds, fridge, micro, bath. I would definitely book this very same room again. I am told by hotel staff that if I needed a cot for an added guest/child, etc., there would be no additional charge.

There was a small safe in the closet and I assume for the key to get in/out of it there may have been available to me for a charge-I never asked. Also there was an iron, iron board, blow dryer, plenty of towels, a swim pool, and the new remodel boasted a good deal of tasteful marble installed for counters. I was really very happy with the room-it was spacious, relatively quiet and I felt comfortable and safe.I also was given a large newspaper each morning on my doorstep. The channel selection on the tv was generous though pic. quality lacked some. I was only there for the bed, shower and location close to the parks so the tv quality had little affect on my stay rating.

I requested no maid svc. to help assure nobody coming in my room asI like privacy, since in the past at other locations I have had things stolen, but I do not know whether anyone did actually enter my room or not as I was gone at the parks most of the time. I am good at hiding items, which I did, however my camera turned up missing. More on this later in the review.

Book your room away from laundry room which is located downstairs and also try and book your room away from continental bkfst. area which is upstairs near the office. This will help you to avoid more excess noise from passerby's.

Continental, FREE Bkfst. was awesome!! Nice dining room and outdoor patio eating accomodations-apple & orange jce., 2 types of bread for toast, croussants, bananas, apples, fruit yogurts, variety of doughnuts, butter, jams, coffee, oatmeal, cocoa, 3 types dry cereal, milk, & the hours begin at 7 a.m. It closes down at different hours so check the schedule when you get there. This meal really helped me in the early hours before the parks opened. I appreciated the clean, newly remodeled, generous assortment of foods and beverages at no additional charges and the service staff worked hard to keep things stocked and everything clean and presentable. She keeps a tip basket there on the counter and I encourage people to help out and offer her something for her hard work. There were waiting lines for customers at the next door IHOP and Denny's, etc. and I have a feeling those people paid quite a bit to eat there after they had to wait in line or in the lobby for awhile to get a table or counter.

The hotel room layouts at Park Vue are sort of a horse shoe arrangement., includes both up and downstairs. My room was beyond one of the corners of the horse shoe design upstairs, which allowed for very few people, if any, walking past my single window. I loved that!

Hotel room was far from ice machines but that was fine. Expect to pay quarters or ask for tokens for free from the lobby, which is nicely decorated and comfortable. There is also a weight room for excercise but I did not take the time to explore it.

Gift shop on lower level near office terribly over priced but had most items I desired or needed from snacks to over the counter medications and sundry items. If you plan to use any charge cards in gift shop, it is an automatic $8 additional charge per purchase.

Hotel room value for the $ I paid I felt was exceptional, overall.

Downside-My new $200 KODAK easy share digital camera and memory card. have come up missing, suddenly gone from my suitcase.I discovered it missing day #2 & now that I am back home to Oregon,I realize the only spots it could have disappeared from was my hotel room on day #1 @ Park Vue or perhaps from the airline from Portland Oregon to John Wayne in Orange County, CA. Since I special requested NO maid service in my hotel, I have no way of knowing for certain that no maid actually did not enter my room but I would, for safe keeping in the future, never leave my camera or other spendy item or cash in the room. I have since read other patrons having come up missing money and other items from their stay at Park Vue.

One other "negative" was during my first night's stay, I experienced some extremely loud and intoxicated young men combatting in a heated incident in the parking lot out front of my room at early hours, one apparently allegedly possessed a GUN-they were quite loud and I prefer to think of this incident as isolated & rare-

A note for travelers arriving at John Wayne needing shuttle/taxi to Park Vue-I highly recommend the "Door to Door" shuttle service. It costs only $10 per person for the 15 mile or so route to Park Vue from the airport. No reservations necessary, just ask at front desk of airport & they will set you up. That shuttle will also come by your hotel and take you other places if you ask-very good deal considering taxi fares being so high, taxes, etc.! The driver handled my heavy suit case both in and out of the van trunk.

Be aware of other added, "extra" room charges-local calls are NOT FREE. They cost .50 each and I didn't see that posted anywhere & only discovered it when I checked out and was asked to sign for the costs to be put on my visa. I use a travel long distance card to get an extremely reduced phone rate for calling out but it did not apply to local calls.

You will be asked at check in to offer a credit card # for "added ammenities"-there is a list in the hotel room of some suggested "charge able" things such as extra towels @ $10.00 per stack. It might be helpful to look that list over when you arrive. Another example was a charge for the iron and board, however, they were both already in my room so I hope no charge appears on my visa billing statement. I didn't request nor use either of those items. Upon checking in,there was a slight tone of religion, (which I welcomed, but perhaps not everyone may) via a small, conservative card enclosed in my welcome kit for the stay. It posed a biblical verse coupled with warm wishes for a nice stay.

Overall, I was the total envy of all of the shuttle passengers who were booked at far away hotels which they were then foced to rely on hotel shuttles to get to the parks when I could easily walk at my leisure.

Park Tips: The line to wait to get into either park is likely to be a long wait. Prepare your intinerary in advance to save time waiting in line for popular attractions. IF POSSIBLE, here is the best kept secret for CA Theme Park. Prepare to present yourself as a "single rider" for rides such as the Soaring Over California hang glider ride and the California Screamer fast roller coaster. This special entrance allows you to get in nearly 4x faster than other people who must wait in line. This is NOT fast pass, it is merely a way for you and your party to get in very quickly, avoid the long lines, and be seated and on your way ahead of most ahead of you. Catch is: if more than just you in your family do this, you are risking not sitting together, thus it does not work for kids, only adults for the attractions. It allows the attraction to fill single seats, end aisles, etc. Use FAST PASS whenever you can to avoid long, long waits in lines for rides/attractions. This saved me a ton of time and helped budjet my day so I could better enjoy more things at the parks. Fast Passes do run out, however, ie:when the ticket machines run out of fast passes, you are out of luck for obtaining more. Popular rides are: Space Mountain, Indianna Jones, CA Speed Roller Coaster, Hang Glider Soar Above CA, & more.

Walking took its toll on me after day #2 and I broke down and rented an elec. scooter. It was a GODsend, let me tell you.

Gift shops, watch your prices, items are identical in several locations but prices can vary for the exact same selection.

Food: It is expensive but I found value, tasty meal selections throughout the park. My favorite was a vegatable bbq skewer in Adventure Land and also mexican chips and salsa in Frontier Land. I used my Disney Visa card pgm. to accumulate free dollars so my trip was relatively inexpensive overall. Oh yes, the restaurants near Park Vue are VERY close! Denny's, McDonalds', IHOP, to name a few. There are more-prepare to wait in line or book in advance for preferred seating, though.

I found it very helpful using my micro and fridge in the room. This saved me time, money and I could easily choose what I wanted for meals or for leftovers from restaurants.

You can easliy view the fireworks from Disneyland from the balcony of the top floor at the Park Vue.

We are already booking our next vacation at that very same hotel & room and I recommend this location for its value, closeness to the parks and amenities that provided me with a comfortable, affordable, enjoyable stay.

Thank you for reading about my experience at the Park Vue and I hope it was helpful in planning your vacation to southern California.

• Liked — I was impressed with most everything I experienced at Park Vue
  • Disliked — Probably the noise and the loss of my digital camera and memory card-unexplained loss from room.
  • Stayed March 2007, travelled solo
31 Thank southernca

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (489)
Patterson, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2007

We stayed at the Park Vue for a week, while visiting Disneyland in February and the beginning of March. It was absolutely wonderful for our little family- we got a room with bunk beds, which my kids thought was terrific, there was a nice sized refrigerator and a microwave, coffeemaker (though the coffee wasn't great) and hair dryer- anything you'd need. The mattresses were very comfortable. The shower head was a bit low, but there was good water pressure and adequate hot water at all times. The room wasn't very big, but there was enough space for us to do everything we needed, and we weren't there to hang out at the hotel anyway. There is a coin-op guest laundry with 3 washers and 3 dryers, the dryers consistently did their job the first time. The pool was warm enough to be fun even in February, though the wind was cold! The service was good, the free breakfast was perfectly adequate with cereal, coffee, donuts or muffins, toast, juice. The location can't be beat, either. If you are looking for flaws you will find them anywhere, but for the price, this hotel was perfect for us! The only thing I'd really change is the addition of a mirror outside the bathroom- our room didn't have one, I don't know if that's standard or not.
We will definitely stay here every time we come to Disneyland.

Stayed February 2007
12 Thank apetaja
Silverdale, WA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2007

We stayed at this Hotel from February 24-28th. The location was great and it was certainly clean enough. Unfortunately, we left (hidden in a duffle bag) $150.00 and it was stolen from our room! Be sure to use the safe if you stay here. Do not leave any valuables or cash (yes, we are stupid) as the maid service will take off with it. The management did nothing about it. In addition, we had absolutely no internet service available to us during our stay (We were promised this service). We would not stay here again, as our complaints were not handled properly by the Hotel (Expedia did their best to help out). We're bummed out because other than the Internet and the theft issue it would be a Hotel we would consider staying at in the future.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Trust issues with cleaning service
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
9 Thank littleowl
Sydney
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2007

My family (two adults and 2 children aged 3 & 5) stayed at the Park Vue in December 2006.
We booked a standard room - two queen sized beds.
We asked for an upstairs room after reading on this site about the noise if you had a ground floor room. Our friends downstairs had a lovely suite, but they did find it a bit noisy, but i believe that the suites are all downstairs.
The experience was excellent.
The room was quite spacious, exceptionally good value for the money, and included a microwave.
The housekeeping staff were very good - even washing up some mugs and plates of ours, which we thought very good service.
The room was very clean.
My only criticism could be that the curtains didn't quite reach together, but this is such a small niggle in an overwhelmingly good experience!
The location is fantastic for Disneyland. We ate breakfast at the hotel (perfectly acceptable - cereal, toast, fruit, pastries) and then went to Disney for the morning. It was close enough to walk back for a little chill out time in the afternoon, maybe a snack in the room, and then head back to Disney for the evening. It would be IMPOSSIBLE to get closer to Disneyland without staying in a disney hotel - it is literally at the entrance of the park.
The handy International House of Pancakes (IHOP) also serve children free after 4.00pm.
We would definitely stay here again and have already recommended it to friends.

• Liked — Value for money and proximity to Disneyland
  • Disliked — Could not find any criticisms
  • Stayed December 2006, travelled with family
18 Thank annefromaustralia
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2007

We stayed in the family suite for 10 days in mid February. There were 3 queen size beds, one being in its own room with t.v. We are a family with 5 kids and the 3 little ones shared one bed easily.

I liked having a fridge and microwave. We left the park at 1:00 or so, to have a swim and lunch. We would head back around 4:00.

Our location was quiet, near the pool. We did hear a garbage truck each morning, but we were up anyhow.

The kids loved the pool and swam every day. It was heated and not a bad size.

The breakfast was fine. Pastries, toast , muffins, apples ,bananas and cereal and milk. My kids loved it. I usually added a yogurt in my room.

I used the laundry and found it worked well.

The best thing was the location. It is right at the crosswalk to Disneyland.

It isn't fancy but suited us fine. The one complaint I have is the carpets need to be steamcleaned. They are vacuumed each day, but I noticed my socks were turning dark.

I would stay here again for the price and convenience.

• Liked — great location
9 Thank Summer67
Saskatchewan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2007

We stayed at the Park Vue Inn for 7 nights. We enjoyed the location - right across from the Disneyland entrance. We were surprised at how quiet our room was. Other than hearing people walk by our room occasionally, we hardly noticed other sounds. It was about the quiestest motel room we have ever stayed in. We had a full kitchen in our suite but no dishes, utensils or cookware. That was disappointing. We did appreciate the second sink and mirror outside the bathroom. There were six adults sharing the suite and it did get stuffy. The hide - a - bed was quite saggy, but I guess that is to be expected. The staff were curteous and helpful. Our room was always very tidy when we came back at the end of the day, with plenty of towels. The kids tried out the swimming pool although it was quite cool outside. They said the water was nice and warm. We were able to enjoy the Disneyland fireworks from our second story room. There were a number of restaurants in the vicinity. Mimi's had great food! We did a price comparison before we booked our accomodations. The Park Vue Inn's prices better suited our budget than many others that we looked into. It wasn't a fancy place but very nice. We would readily stay here again.

Stayed February 2007
8 Thank racermama
BC Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2007

We are just back from 3 nights at the Park Vue Inn and were So Happy we chose it! Of course it's not a fancy hotel, but our room, though small, was obviously re-done with new furniture and wallpaper. The breakfast was just fine and we were all able to fill up on toast, cereal, pastries, juice, coffee and fresh fruit.

For $72/night for the first two nights and $62 for the third (via their website) we were very satisfied. You are literally at the crosswalk to the main entrance to DLand & DCA. Just an excellent location.

If you're looking for a luxury hotel with nice amenities, this is not the place for you. If you're looking for a clean, safe, convenient, affordable, friendly place to lay your head after a day at the park, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — room size (small)
10 Thank shescapes