“Good Vibes about this hotel”

Quality Inn & Suites - Anaheim Resort
Ranked #74 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Melbourne, Australia
“Good Vibes about this hotel”
Reviewed 10 June 2012

I booked this hotel at a very great rate, roughly $68 aud per night and stayed for 4 nights. I booked this hotel purely because the price was to good to pass up. I knew that I would only be using the room as a place to crash during my Disneyland visit, so I wasn't too fussed about the amenities that it offered. I went it with pretty low expectations from the reviews that I had read on trip advisor, and honestly they were all completely exceeded. I arrived at the hotel at about 10am and my room was already ready which was such a relief after a 16 hour flight. I had a king room, and it was spacious. The pillows were very small, but the bed was comfortable. The television set was quite old, but it had a good variety of channels. For myself and partner, it only took us 6 minutes to walk to Disneyland. It is close to Mimis cafe, McDonalds and only a short walk to the Anaheim Gardenwalk and other eateries. The continental breakfast is nothing to write home about, but if you don't want to spend money eating out every morning, there is a good array of cerials, fruits, waffles and muffins. The staff are very attentive and helpful, the property is very easy to navigate around. Although we didn't use the pool during our stay, we saw many people doing so. The gift shop is helpful for snacks and souvenirs and the cleaning staff keep the hotel and rooms in good shape. To be honest, if the hotel used to be a dump (according to older reviews) new management has really fixed it up. It is extremely clean and well looked after. The front desk has a lot of information in regards to local tours and even sells Disneyland tickets. There is an ATM and payphone on property. As long as you know that this property is not a 5 star, you wont be disappointed. You cant pay under $100 a night and expect royal treatment. Just be mindful that when you arrive they will ask for either a $50 credit card security deposit, or a $25 cash deposit, which you will get back at the end of your stay upon check out. Just like all hotels in the Disneyland area, there is a resort fee which can't be avoided at any of the hotels and that is roughly $5 per day so the front desk staff will ask for both of these on arrival. If you do arrive before check in time, and your room isn't ready they will allow you to store your luggage in the reception office. The tea and coffee facilities in the room aren't great but are there if needed. All in all, I really did have a pleasant stay and on my next trip to Disneyland I won't hesitate booking this motel. Its a done deal, its affordable and convenient. The freeway noise is not an issue with the sound barriers they have up. Really friendly, and good vibe hotel.

Room Tip: If you are traveling as a family, get the kids suite, if a couple get the king room.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
7 Thank RoseyPosey93
, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites - Anaheim Resort, responded to this review, 13 July 2012
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We appreciate all your compliments on the amenities that the hotel had to offer , our location, and our customer service. As you mentioned, the hotel is a short walk to numerous restaurants and shops, and just a 7 - 10 minute walk to the parks. Thank you for saying that you would stay with us again and we look forward to your next visit!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
truckee, ca
Reviewed 4 June 2012

Pros: Check in with Steve and Dale was very professional and pleasant.
Cons: My family and I were invaded with large bugs (roaches) all night!!! I have a video and even one of the bugs i caught. Brought it to the front desk and dealt with "Joe" who was quite unprofessional and quite confrontational. Not once did he try to make the situation better except to credit the two nights i was supposed to stay there but still charged me with the nights i was there because we did NOT "report" the problem. Sorry but i can't control when the bugs come out. As far as I was concerned they were there the entire time but just so happened to come out in the middle of our stay. So he refused to comp the other nights on a technicality. I would have left there somewhat subdued and compensated but because of the way it was handled this place is unfit and unhealthy for a family to stay. IF you are ok with "hostel" (hostile too) atmosphere then pick this place. The rooms as other reviews said were very small and gross. Refrigerator did not work in my parents room. Pool was not heated. And They have NO shuttle. And if you have older ones in your party the walk is 3 Blocks OFF the public road (scary), so don't plan on walking... I really regret not really paying attention to the reviews.

Room Tip: My advice: IF you are brave enough to stay here check thoroughly your room for bugs and report imme...
4 Thank j b
, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites - Anaheim Resort, responded to this review, 6 July 2012
Thank you for completing the online review of our hotel. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you experienced during your recent stay. Although our hotel is regularly serviced by a pest control company, with the foliage and greenery surrounding the rooms, it is sometimes difficult to control them. We also apologize if the refrigerator in your parents' room was not working. It would have been nice though if you had told us there was a problem so that we could have had it replaced or fixed. Once again we thank you for taking the time to bring to our attention the problems you experienced during your stay.
Calgary
Reviewed 3 June 2012

I want to say that the front desk staff were friendly and helpful. The Breakfast area outside is very nice. Nothing is good if you can't sleep. Even with the loud air conditioner on, the trucks seemed to pass by your head, never mind the fumes that come with that heavy traffic. I walked around the buildings to see if there was a quieter location. You could stay on the main level facing other rooms to try and cut out the noise, but then you would have the breakfast room or laundry room noise. Even the room farthest from the freeway had a loud hum. People with rooms at the back of the Marriott Fairfield Inn would get the same noise, unless their windows are double-paned. You could stay at the Anaheim Plaza, rooms about the same size and they have a balcony. Staff at the plaza are not great and no safe.

2 Thank jofromab
QIManagement, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites - Anaheim Resort, responded to this review, 5 June 2012
Thank you for taking the time to fill up the online review of our property. We appreciate your kind comments on the friendliness and helpfulness of our staff. Exceptional customer service is our goal. On your next visit, please let us know when you're coming so that we can make sure to block off a room away from the freeway.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 27 May 2012

My friends and I stayed 5 nights here and right from the beginning we were impressed. Not sure what we were going to find, since most hotels near theme parks/attractions can charge what they want and not concern themselves too much with the quality of accommodations, but on checking in to Quality Inn & Suites Anaheim Resort we were most pleasantly surprised. The beds were SO comfortable and linens clean. The rooms were in good repair and the carpets were clean. Staff was very helpful and courteous, the grounds were well cared for and beautiful. The breakfast was very good and best of all complimentary. This is an overall GREAT value, was an excellent choice, and one that really set the mood for a wonderful vacation!! If we travel to the area again, we will definitely be back!!!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
Grover Beach, California
Reviewed 24 May 2012

This hotel is a great location if you want to walk to Disneyland and you can't get into, or can't afford any of the ones opposite the park. It took us 9 minutes to be at the security gate with a 6 year old and 3 year old in a loaded stroller!

The staff were pleasant and helpful. The room was clean in all the essential areas, I'm pretty fussy so always check the bathroom and beds she I walk in the room. There was an old french fry down the side of the bedside table, but I guess if your cleaning quickly it would be easily missed!

If you are particularly tall or large, I wouldn't recommend this hotel as the beds are small, I'm only 5'4 and lying on my front my feet were touching the end of the bed! The shower head is also very low. Also, the bed was very hard which may bother some people.

If you are a light sleeper, the freeway noise may bother you, but the air conditioner covers up the sound! Other than that I thought it was pretty quiet.

I would definitely stay here again and would recommend to others.

2 Thank Zoe K
QIManagement, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites - Anaheim Resort, responded to this review, 28 May 2012
Thank you for taking the time to complete the online review of our hotel. We appreciate your kind words on the pleasantness and helpfulness of the staff and on the cleanliness of our rooms. Thank you for saying that you would recommend us to others and we would love to see you again.
Sao Paulo
Reviewed 12 May 2012

The hotel is really perfectly located for a very good price. You can walk to DisneyLand Park easily and enjoy Downtown Disney at night and come back walking. This is really good. Staff is very friendly and professional. The room is clean, and all the appliances work well. The parking place is great, ready for SUVs. You can easily go everywhere in Anaheim since it is close to many important avenues.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank HeitorMayer
QIManagement, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites - Anaheim Resort, responded to this review, 18 May 2012
Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent visit to the Anaheim area and for taking the time to complete the online review of our property. We appreciate your compliments on our friendly and professional staff and our convenient location. We appreciate all of your feedback and we hope we see you again soon!
tucson
Reviewed 6 May 2012

I have been meaning to share this sooner. We stayed at this Quality inn the last week of February after reading the reviews on Trip Advisor. We had 2 rooms- one had 2 double beds for the 3 teenagers and we had a queen in ours. Everyone agreed the beds were comfortable. The size of the room and bathrooms were adequate for the price of the rooms. Also we never noticed any freeway noise once the door closed. The easy 5 minute walk to Disney was a great bonus and the parking fee of $2 a day was a bargain (it was waived for us with a military ID). The front desk was helpful and courteous and a non functioning fridge in our room was replaced by a new one right away. The breakfast is adequate and typical of chain motels. I give it a 5 not because it is resort quality but it is quiet, clean and close to Disney and compared to other properties very affordable.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank fan63
QIManagement, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites - Anaheim Resort, responded to this review, 11 May 2012
Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent visit to the Anaheim area and for taking the time to complete the online review on our property. We are happy to hear that you were comfortable during your stay and enjoyed our location. As you mentioned, we are a short walk to the Park, as well as centrally located to shops and several restaurants in the area. We appreciate your compliments on our staff as delivering superior customer service is our goal. We value your feedback and appreciate your compliments! We hope to see you again soon.