“OK hotel but not the service or the food”

Clarion Hotel Anaheim Resort
Ranked #82 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
KL
“OK hotel but not the service or the food”
Reviewed 17 March 2011

The hotel is clean and neat. The front desk is functional but not very friendly which is a surprise considering most of the front desk in US is over friendly sometime. The room is clean, it comes with free wifi and really closed to Anaheim Convention Center. The food in the cafe is totally disappointing and the service is really slow. But if you just want a place to stay, than this is a good place.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
Eureka, California
Reviewed 9 March 2011

Beds were overly soft, not comfortably soft. Maids only spoke Spanish. Found one cockroach on the bathroom floor and steeped on it! Called the front desk about it and 5 minutes later a maid shows up with an aerosol can of bug killer to spray! No thank you...don't want to breath that stuff! Not only that I believe that you have to be licensed to spray bug killers in commercial locations. Do the white sock walk...yours should be dirty in 5 to 7 minutes of room walking. Floors should be steam cleaned more often. Will not return.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
Bonney Lake, Washington
Reviewed 11 February 2011

This Clarion was the biggest dissapointment of our trip to Disneyland and California. The hotel was very dated and in poor shape. Some of the paint on the walls in the bathroom were chipping and had a few small repair holes. The room had a musky odor and the carpets were very worn. The beds were hard, uncomfortable and squeaked when there was any movement on them. Unfortunately, we waited over an hour in the restaurant to get breakfast despite the fact that there were two waiters an only 5 small families in the dining area. I complained to the hotel manager but she did not seem interested in my comments?

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
GM002, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Anaheim Resort, responded to this review, 15 February 2011
Thank you for the feedback. Please be assured that we are working hard to improve our service so that you can enjoy your stay with us in the future.
winterbum88
Reviewed 8 February 2011

My boyfriend and stayed at this hotel from Dec 28-Jan 1st 2010 and it was the worst mistake ever in our hotel history! First of all before we came I suffered my first seizure only a couple days prior, so when we landed at SNA our luggage did not arrive and I was tired so I took the trip to the hotel well my boyfriend dealt with the luggage. When I arrived to the hotel the room was under his name, but I had his credit card and our reference number. Yet I guess this was not good enough for them so I had to wait in their lobby until my boyfriend arrived ( we dont bring our cells as its really expensive ). 2 hours later we were able to check in with the staff ( which it seemed like we were putting them out by wanting to check in ).

When we arrived up to our room it smelt like smoke and was a sock in the bathroom. Due to the fact I was really not doing well I just didnt care and threw it away and went to sleep on the really hard bed with holes in the sheets. The next morning we were ready to go to disneyland ( which was not only a block away!!!! ), instead we had to get the transit. After 5 full buses passing our hotel we decided to walk to the hotel next door and got picked up straight away ( which bypassed this hotel again ). When we came back to the room later on our door was left open I guess by the maid service who was not even on our floor anymore ( this happened twice ). There cleaning was bad, it seemed like all they did was make the bed.

Overall this hotel is a bad place for anybody. It is not close to disneyland, I am going back soon and paying the extra money just to be close.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
GM002, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Anaheim Resort, responded to this review, 10 February 2011
I am truly am sorry that your experience was not the best. Our guests' safety and security is one of our most important concerns. And, unfortunately sometimes it is an inconvenience. I appreciate your comments, and we will do better next time.
Ladysmith, Canada
Reviewed 1 January 2011

I've stayed at the Clarion Hotel twice now.......both stays were fine....when you pay a "value price"your not going to get top of the line anyhow....the rooms have always been clean.Yes, its older but, we were never there enough to care..what the decor was like and I personally chose cleanliness over looks any day.The pool is the best because its quiet and private compared to the other hotel we stayed at you almost have the whole pool to yourself (can't promise that year round but, in Oct and June it was) Some of the front deak people are happier than others..I was actually frightened to ask one of them for something as she came across very unhappy to be there and that was a supervisor. So, I think this hotel needs to put effort into training their staff to be more people orientated...I would reccomend the hotel if you want great value and don't have high expectations...its great and the kids love it too!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
GM002, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Anaheim Resort, responded to this review, 24 January 2011
Thank you for taking the time to give us your very specific suggestions to improve our service at the Clarion Hotel. We hope that the next time you return, you do stay with us, and that you will see the improvements that we have made in our service.
Yuma, Arizona
Reviewed 31 December 2010

We stayed at this hotel with our 3 children and 3 adults. We were here because we came to Disneyland for Christmas...The only thing that was convenient was how close it is to Disneyland but other than that it was very unsatisfactory! I came down to the front desk to get some change for the vending machine and stood in front of an older gentleman for about a good 3-5 minutes before I finally said, "Do you work here?" He stated yes give me just one second, the whole time Im standing there he never once even looks at me, so then he finally said, What do you need, I said I need some change and he tells me to hold on so the other guy could help me, well the other guy was already helping two other guest and that is why I came to him to begin with...so then he waits a few minutes and then says Ok let me go see if I have any, he goes to the back and comes back and gives me change. He looked to maybe be a manager, and that is even worse, a manger should go above and beyond to help guest. I work front desk for a hotel and if anyone at my property treated a guest that way they would probably be asked to leave...but since this hotel is obviously going to make money no matter what because of the location they will probably not even care about negative feedback. I spent my Christmas away from home hoping to be treated with great hospitality...and if your looking for a place that is going to give you exceptional customer service then this is not the hotel for you. Needless to stay I will never return to this property nor will I recommend it to any of my friends or any of the business travelers that I know.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
I apologize for the not-so-stellar service you recieved. I will definitely see to it that our attention to guests' needs are better handled.
Gilbert, Arizona
Reviewed 29 December 2010

We stayed at the Clarion in Anaheim on our trip to Disneyland. The best thing about the hotel is its proximity to the Disney parks. It is also pretty affordable. We only paid $70/night during the week after christmas so I was pleased with that. For that price I don't expect the Four Seasons but I do expect courteous service.

During check-in the girl at the front desk was exceedingly rude to both me and my wife. It was as though we were an extreme annoyance by wanting to stay there. This kicked off our stay on a bad note. We brought our son's pack and play for him to sleep in. We asked for a crib sheet to be brought up and they said they would but it never showed. My wife finally went downstairs to the same rude girl and got on 2hrs later.

They have a couple restaurants on site but you'll get better food from the gas station on the corner. The first night we got something from the "Mexicana Cafe". Oddly enough there wasn't a single thing on the menu that was Mexican. The wings weren't terrible but the spaghetti and mystery-meatballs was wretched. On the day of our departure we had breakfast at the Tivoli Garden. This is quite possibly the worst breakfast I've had in years....makes one long for the Waffle House.

If all you want is a cheap place to lay your head then this place fits the bill. The Anaheim Resort Transit bus comes right to the front door and gets you to and from the parks for $4/day/person.

All in all I cannot recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed December 2010
I am sorry that we did not contribute to you having a good vacation during your trip to Disneyland. I am working to improve our service and hope that you will give us another chance.