Clarion Hotel Anaheim Resort
US$149
US$146
US$131
  • Pool
Fairfield Inn by Marriott Anaheim Resort(Anaheim)(Great Value!)
US$163
US$119
US$114
  • Pool
Best Western Plus Stovall's Inn(Anaheim)(Great Value!)
US$177
US$469
Hotels.com
US$470
1,025 results
All reviewsan older hotelanaheim resorttoy story parking lotbusiness centertwo double bedsart busgift shopmini fridgenear disneylandafter a long dayvisiting disneylandparkscvsfireworks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 June 2008

Good hotel for the price. The rooms were very clean and the beds comfortable. It is an older hotel that has not seen renovations for some time but on a budgeted vacation it works well. The walk is about 15 minutes to the parks and it is a good idea to purchase the trolly tickets as the walk home feels much longer. Pool was clean with lots of chairs and never too crowded. I do not recomend eating at this hotel. Two pops and an appietizer of mozza sticks cost over $14.00. Had breakfast once and was extremely disappointed with the poor quality of food and the price. It was actually cheaper to eat in Disneyland at Cafe Orleans. In a nutshell, if you are looking for a clean place to sleep and a refreshing swim for good value this hotel will satisfy you.

Stayed: May 2008
Reviewed 3 June 2008

After reading the reviews on here, I was very, very afraid of staying here. We booked through Alaska Air Vacations, and it was one of the lower priced choices. I am happy to say that I don't agree with the poor reviews, and was thrilled with the hotel.

Yes, I agree it's not a brand new hotel, but the beds were comfortable and had duvets on them, the room was always clean, and our room attendant took the time to put our kids toys in new and interesting places every single day. Our kids were always excited to come back from Disney to see whether their stuffed animals were up to.

We booked in with my brother and he was upgraded to a suite so he could be right next door to us. The suites are not much more than extra space and a couch, but I saw a standard room as well and I was just as impressed with it.

I am a very picky person when it comes to hotels. We usually stay 4 star, so this was a pleasant surprise. My only negative? The resturant. Even with the kids eating free, our bill for a very odd tasting breakfast was $36 with tip. Eat at the cafe by Autotopia at Disney and spend $6.99 for a great breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 19 May 2008

This hotel was great! The people are so nice and friendly! I have a family of 5 2ad and 3ch. The front desk staff was so nice to my kids and made them feel so at home.
The gentleman in the bar was great, good customer service, always had a smile on his face.
The pool was great big and roomy. Kids were in the pool when we would get back from Disneyland.
Shuttle was very easy just bought tickets and the shuttle came up to the hotel and right to Disney.
Both restaurants the food was very good. Service was excellent!! Great promotions.
I will be back for sure, Thank you Clarion and Disneyland for such a great vacation.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 May 2008

Due to my career I have stayed at many hotels over the years, this was probably the worst. The carpet had a grimy feel to it, the couch was stained with god knows what in several places, the shower floor felt and sounded as though it was going to give way under feet ( I'm an average size guy 195#'s), I got bit several times by something while sleeping, there is no Jacuzzi (who in the world owns a hotel with no Jacuzzi), I will say the service in the restaurant for breakfast was excellent (even though the food was horrible), they have two different bar tenders that they trade from one night to the next, Bartender A (early thirties/nice guy) did a great job, good service excellent food and drinks, Bartender B (mid twenties/smaller guy) Was horrible, it was impossible to get anything but a bad attitude from this guy... Had my reservations not been previously made by my employer I would have checked out and went to one of the other hotels. I have already contacted the individual that schedules our out of town trips and suggested that we no longer use this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank JustinR08
Reviewed 17 April 2008

Pros:
* This hotel is located within easy walking distance (< ¼ mile) from the Anaheim Convention Center. The Disneyland/California Adventure entrance from Harbor Blvd is about ¾ mile away.
* This hotel is considerably less expensive than the Marriot and Hilton hotels which are located between it and the convention center.
* Free LAN (wired) and WiFi (wireless) internet access.

Cons:
* I have stayed in nicer hotels for much less money in the area. These hotels are further away (1/2 – ¾ mile) from the Convention Center, but are closer to Disney.
* Parking fees.
* Small pool, no hot tub/spa.
* Noise – one night there was a noisy late night drinking party (until about 2 AM) on the balcony of another (non-adjacent) room in that kept me from sleeping.

Recently I have returned from a large conference at the Anaheim Convention Center. The Clarion was one of about two dozen “official” hotels for the convention which were located in the Convention Center/Disney area. The Clarion was chosen by the company that I work for because of its close proximity to the convention center and its lower cost than the adjacent Marriot and Hilton Hotels. The “convention” room rate for a standard room at the Clarion was $129; and up to four guests were allowed per room. (Note: Sometimes you can find discounted room rates on the web which are much better than official convention rates – but, since I didn’t make the reservation at the Clarion, I did not investigate this option.)

I have rated the Clarion as average because it met my basic needs (-- a clean place to sleep and an internet connection)..

The Clarion’s main advantage to me was its close location to the convention center. (However, since I enjoy walking and since conference bus service was available from the other hotels, this had limited value-added to me.)

The Clarion’s main disadvantage was its cost: Based on my two prior trips to the Convention Center/Disney area, I would rate this hotel as a poor value (at the $129 room price plus parking) as the other hotels/motels I have stayed in have offered better amenities at a fraction of the Clarion’s price. (Because I had considered having my family join me in Anaheim after the conference, I checked the price of one of the other hotels. It had a weekday $68/night rate for two adults/1 child and a weekend (Friday/Saturday) $99/night rate), with free parking. This hotel is closer to Disney, but further from the convention center.)

In conclusion, if close proximity to the convention center at moderate cost is important, the Clarion may be a suitable choice for you. However, if you are on a limited budget and/or are more interested in being closer to the main gate of Disneyland, you should investigate other hotels.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)