“Great Hotel, Fun Time”

Clarion Hotel Anaheim Resort
Ranked #78 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed 12 June 2008

My Husband and I stayed here for my brothers wedding, and than three days a Disneyland, We were very impressed. The staff was great, friendly and helpful.

The only thinkg we wisehed was they had a continental breakfast, but most of the hotels around disney don't.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 11 June 2008

I stayed here with my parents and sister in May 2004. It is super close to Disneyland, only a few minutes in walking distance. There is also a shuttle bus that goes to Disneyland if you do not want to walk. The pool was a salt water pool and always perfect to cool off in. Overall, I had a good experience here.

• Stayed: April 2004, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 June 2008

We never received the email that we had a reservation at the clarion hotel in anaheim and therefore did not show up for the reservation. when discussing this with the head of reservations, Naomi, she still refused to credit back our charge card. i don't mind being responsible for something if i knew about it. mistakes happen and to be so hard to the policies is complete poor customer service.

Stayed: May 2008
1  Thank villardds
Reviewed 5 June 2008

Good hotel for the price. The rooms were very clean and the beds comfortable. It is an older hotel that has not seen renovations for some time but on a budgeted vacation it works well. The walk is about 15 minutes to the parks and it is a good idea to purchase the trolly tickets as the walk home feels much longer. Pool was clean with lots of chairs and never too crowded. I do not recomend eating at this hotel. Two pops and an appietizer of mozza sticks cost over $14.00. Had breakfast once and was extremely disappointed with the poor quality of food and the price. It was actually cheaper to eat in Disneyland at Cafe Orleans. In a nutshell, if you are looking for a clean place to sleep and a refreshing swim for good value this hotel will satisfy you.

Stayed: May 2008
Reviewed 3 June 2008

After reading the reviews on here, I was very, very afraid of staying here. We booked through Alaska Air Vacations, and it was one of the lower priced choices. I am happy to say that I don't agree with the poor reviews, and was thrilled with the hotel.

Yes, I agree it's not a brand new hotel, but the beds were comfortable and had duvets on them, the room was always clean, and our room attendant took the time to put our kids toys in new and interesting places every single day. Our kids were always excited to come back from Disney to see whether their stuffed animals were up to.

We booked in with my brother and he was upgraded to a suite so he could be right next door to us. The suites are not much more than extra space and a couch, but I saw a standard room as well and I was just as impressed with it.

I am a very picky person when it comes to hotels. We usually stay 4 star, so this was a pleasant surprise. My only negative? The resturant. Even with the kids eating free, our bill for a very odd tasting breakfast was $36 with tip. Eat at the cafe by Autotopia at Disney and spend $6.99 for a great breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 19 May 2008

This hotel was great! The people are so nice and friendly! I have a family of 5 2ad and 3ch. The front desk staff was so nice to my kids and made them feel so at home.
The gentleman in the bar was great, good customer service, always had a smile on his face.
The pool was great big and roomy. Kids were in the pool when we would get back from Disneyland.
Shuttle was very easy just bought tickets and the shuttle came up to the hotel and right to Disney.
Both restaurants the food was very good. Service was excellent!! Great promotions.
I will be back for sure, Thank you Clarion and Disneyland for such a great vacation.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 May 2008

Due to my career I have stayed at many hotels over the years, this was probably the worst. The carpet had a grimy feel to it, the couch was stained with god knows what in several places, the shower floor felt and sounded as though it was going to give way under feet ( I'm an average size guy 195#'s), I got bit several times by something while sleeping, there is no Jacuzzi (who in the world owns a hotel with no Jacuzzi), I will say the service in the restaurant for breakfast was excellent (even though the food was horrible), they have two different bar tenders that they trade from one night to the next, Bartender A (early thirties/nice guy) did a great job, good service excellent food and drinks, Bartender B (mid twenties/smaller guy) Was horrible, it was impossible to get anything but a bad attitude from this guy... Had my reservations not been previously made by my employer I would have checked out and went to one of the other hotels. I have already contacted the individual that schedules our out of town trips and suggested that we no longer use this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled on business