“The extra charges can add up”

Clarion Hotel Anaheim Resort
Ranked #81 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Dearborn, Michigan
“The extra charges can add up”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2013

A bit old but the room was ok and clean. The windows were too thin since we could hear a freeway that was a mile away. The pool was clean and had good hours. Parking was an extra $14.00 per day (thankfully we're Choice hotel Gold members so it was complimentary for us.) The standard Choice hotel breakfast, which is normally free, cost $9.00. Not many breakfast options within walking distance. Disney is about a half-mile walk.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank James R
mike t, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Anaheim Resort, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and really appreciate your patronage as an Elite Gold member. Please call us anytime you need another relaxing weekend away.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2013

A standard quality for a Clarion hotel. The building is pretty old but it's only reflected by some details. The elevators on the other hand are going to be your daily nightmare: they seem to never be available when you try to call one! ;)

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for the kind review. We are happy that you enhoyed your stay. I apologize that the elevators were running a little slower than normal and I have shared your comment with our Chief Engineer. Please contact our reservations department when you are ready for another get away,
Visalia, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2013

Hotel looks like it trap in the 80's in the interior. Linens are well used and looking like the could have be there since the 80's. The Breakfast room was a mess and under staff. The 10.00 charge was so not worth the breakfast we received, Go around the corner to Carl's Jr. much better and less expensive. Only look impressive at night the lighting hide how old and out dated it is.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit . We appreciate hearing your thoughts and your suggestions. This will assist us when evaluating our guest’s needs and expectations. I hope you will come back and give us another chance to provide you with outstanding service in the future.
New Berlin, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2013

I loved that I didn't have to pay Marriot and Hilton prices to be right at the convention center. Room were comfortable and spacious.

However, hotel was a bit outdated - bathroom sink had a large number of cracks in the sink, which now have stains in them. Parking could have been better. Tried to park in the back where there was more room, but the room keys would not work to open the door by the conference rooms. Had to lug all of my stuff around to the main entrance - not convenient in that respect. Partook in the continental breakfast twice. The first morning I went in and was asked if I wanted coffee (included), but I have an allergy to coffee, so I asked if I could substitute orange juice. I was brought my OJ and was charged $1.75 on my check. I guess that I should have asked specifically if it would cost more! Not that I minded paying the extra charge, but it was just the principle. I really didn't need any OJ, as I had a large bottle of water with me.

I would stay here again and rated it so, but I know it's limitations now.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

We are happy to hear that your stay was enjoyable. Please know that your comments go a long way in helping us to improve our product. We hope that you will stay with us again to see our improvements. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.
Boulder, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2013

I stayed here for Blizzcon 2013 and really enjoyed this hotel after staying at a few other hotels in the area in the past. The location cannot be beat it was sooo convenient to get to food and the convention center. The staff were extremely helpful! Perry down in the lobby was just beyond helpful in getting a cab set up to take me back to the airport. I just gave him a time and my room number and he took care of the rest, impeccable service! My only complaint was the tap water in this area is enough to make you sick! Bring bottled water the vending machine on my floor was always sold out of water haha!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
mike t, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Anaheim Resort, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
We are all so proud of the effort our staff makes each and every day. Your kind words will go a long way to keep our team motivated. We look forward to seeing you again in the future!
Hudson Valley, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

Stayed at the Clarion because I was attending a conference at the convention center and Marriott hotel. The room was fine but unremarkable. Wanted to stay an extra night and the first clerk I spoke with said I'd have to check out and then check back in????? Asked someone else the next day and they made the change without any fuss. The bar could use a bit of updating. We did not eat in the hotel other than some snacks at the bar during the world series. The Clarions was quite a bit less expensive than the Marriott, but I would probably seek out other hotels if I stayed in the area again. An unremarkable experience.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
mike t, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Anaheim Resort, responded to this review, 21 November 2013
Thank you for your feedback. Your concerns with respect to having to check in and out have been reviewed and passed on to the proper department for evaluation. I am happy to hear that another staff member was able to assist you and avoid any inconveniences. Thank you for staying with us, we look forward to accomodating you again in the future.
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2013

Great location walking distance of disney parks. Close to restaurants and has own restaurant that is reasonably priced. Great pool. Has Internet cafe and free wifi. Staff always spoke and were polite and helpful. A great base to explore from. Rooms are ok but not the best could do with a reverb If I'm being honest but are quiet.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our location and hotel ameneties. Please contact our reservations department when you are ready for another get away. Thank you for taking the time to inform us about your recent stay.