“Like home”

Clarion Hotel Anaheim Resort
Ranked #78 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed 15 December 2013

I booked four nights at the Clarion for a convention. It was an excellent value for the cost. I requested minimal care, since I don't like to have a towel whisked away as soon as I touch it, as if I had cooties. I'm an environmentalist and like to save on laundry and supply costs, monetarily and time wise. I also like the idea of keeping costs and fees down for the hotel. I spoke with Evangelina, the housekeeper, and the front desk. My wishes were honored. It made me feel at home. On the third day of my stay I got a message from my husband that his best friend had died suddenly. I immediately packed and checked out in the early afternoon. The receptionist was a tall, dark and handsome man who was also empathetic and kind. I was not charged for the day even though check out was late. I am very grateful for such thoughtful policies and service. It makes me feel like home.

Room Tip: Visit the Clarion Anaheim
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Do N
mike t, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Anaheim Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2013

We're so glad you enjoyed your stay with our hotel. We agree that our entire staff work hard to make each guest's stay remarkable, one guest at a time. Thanks for taking the time to share your comments with us. Your kind words energize our staff.

Reviewed 11 December 2013

We stayed at this hotel Dec 4th through the 7th. it was ok. The room was a "suite" 2 full size beds and a fold out couch. The hotel is definitely showing its age and in desperate need of updating. I cant say it was bad but cant say it was wonderful. The front desk staff was very nice and incredibly helpful. The rooms were clean.
Would we stay here again.. probably not .. for the amount of money we spent there after the daily parking fee and having to buy breakfast ..for a couple bucks more per night we would have been able to stay at a better hotel that offered a free daily breakfast. If you are looking for a place with no frills to lay your head.. this would fit the bill but be aware you can probably find the same thing else where with a hotel that may give you a little more bang for your buck.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Lisa R

We would like to thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey. Feedback from our guests is very important to us and your input helps with our continuing efforts to provide excellent service and a great stay. Thank you so much for your business and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed 11 December 2013

The hotel was next to the one where my Christmas party was and cheaper to boot. When we asked for more coffee, the employee at the desk was very friendly as were the ones who handled my check-in and check-out.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

We are all so proud of the effort our staff makes each and every day. Your kind words will go a long way to keep our team motivated. We look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Reviewed 6 December 2013

A bit old but the room was ok and clean. The windows were too thin since we could hear a freeway that was a mile away. The pool was clean and had good hours. Parking was an extra $14.00 per day (thankfully we're Choice hotel Gold members so it was complimentary for us.) The standard Choice hotel breakfast, which is normally free, cost $9.00. Not many breakfast options within walking distance. Disney is about a half-mile walk.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jamesrQ75QA
mike t, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Anaheim Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and really appreciate your patronage as an Elite Gold member. Please call us anytime you need another relaxing weekend away.

Reviewed 6 December 2013

A standard quality for a Clarion hotel. The building is pretty old but it's only reflected by some details. The elevators on the other hand are going to be your daily nightmare: they seem to never be available when you try to call one! ;)

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for the kind review. We are happy that you enhoyed your stay. I apologize that the elevators were running a little slower than normal and I have shared your comment with our Chief Engineer. Please contact our reservations department when you are ready for another get away,

Reviewed 3 December 2013

Hotel looks like it trap in the 80's in the interior. Linens are well used and looking like the could have be there since the 80's. The Breakfast room was a mess and under staff. The 10.00 charge was so not worth the breakfast we received, Go around the corner to Carl's Jr. much better and less expensive. Only look impressive at night the lighting hide how old and out dated it is.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit . We appreciate hearing your thoughts and your suggestions. This will assist us when evaluating our guest’s needs and expectations. I hope you will come back and give us another chance to provide you with outstanding service in the future.

Reviewed 3 December 2013

I loved that I didn't have to pay Marriot and Hilton prices to be right at the convention center. Room were comfortable and spacious.

However, hotel was a bit outdated - bathroom sink had a large number of cracks in the sink, which now have stains in them. Parking could have been better. Tried to park in the back where there was more room, but the room keys would not work to open the door by the conference rooms. Had to lug all of my stuff around to the main entrance - not convenient in that respect. Partook in the continental breakfast twice. The first morning I went in and was asked if I wanted coffee (included), but I have an allergy to coffee, so I asked if I could substitute orange juice. I was brought my OJ and was charged $1.75 on my check. I guess that I should have asked specifically if it would cost more! Not that I minded paying the extra charge, but it was just the principle. I really didn't need any OJ, as I had a large bottle of water with me.

I would stay here again and rated it so, but I know it's limitations now.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

We are happy to hear that your stay was enjoyable. Please know that your comments go a long way in helping us to improve our product. We hope that you will stay with us again to see our improvements. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.