“Great location!”

Clarion Hotel Anaheim Resort
Ranked #79 of 119 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Staying at an inside hotel is always nicer. The restaurant was decent. They also had a arcade with only a couple of games that needed to be serviced so i think they should check those more often. The rooms had amenities like a mini fridge and microwave which is a plus to have on vacation. The rooms decor was a little outdated and kind of had an old smell but overall if i had to would stay here again, the staff was great!

• Stayed: June 2013
mike t, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Anaheim Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

We are happy to hear that your stay was enjoyable and look forward to having you stay with us again. Thank you.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I When we first arrived, the staff was prompt and friendly. We were informed that the "free" continental breakfast would be served, starting at 6am. We got into the room, and it seemed outdated. Every time I would move on the bed, the bed would squeak. I think it was more the frame, then the mattress. The TV didn't work (something was wrong with the signal), and there were crayon markings on the walls. The first night there, we had some time, so we decided to go to the pool - It was cold and smelt of urine. Not very appealing - needless to say, we were out of there in less than a minute. So the bathroom, I don't know when this was last renovated- but the bathrooms are TINY (especially traveling with 4 girls). There was one outlet in the bathroom area, so I couldn't dry my hair and make coffee at the same time, and the door to our bathroom didn't lock. I think the plumbing needs a little renovating...I don't remember the last time I was in a shower, and when a toilet was flushed, the water went cold in the shower - but this definitely happened. Throughout the duration of the shower.It was definitely annoying. So, the next morning we went downstairs to the "free" breakfast, only to find out it was $9.95 a person. For a not so tasty waffle. We decided to just walk to Disney afterwards - which really isn't that bad...maybe a 10-15 minute walk to the gate.
The last morning we went to go downstairs to checkout, and maybe because we were on the 9th floor, but the elevator literally took 15 minutes to come up. And we would've used the stairs, however it seemed to be used for "emergency services only". When we got into the elevator, we has the one all the way to the left, and when we reached the bottom floor, the back doors opened as a maid was going in...would've been alright - only she didn't wait for us to get out, and just pushed her way in.
Overall I probably would not stay here again. We got the room for $122.00 a night on expedia, but I noticed that the original room rates posted were $220/night - which I would definitely not pay -it just so happened the usual hotel I stay at was booked. I'm giving it three stars for the staff (with the exception of the maid), were very helpful. The hotel just needs some updating, and remodeling. If you're just passing through, and need a place to rest - good to go...otherwise, I will be staying at my usual place(s).

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 May 2014

We stayed here for a combo conference/pleasure trip. It was very convenient to the conference I was attending which was held at the hotel next door and about $65 cheaper than staying at the conference hotel. This hotel was also convenient to Disney. We are from a city where we walk a lot, so it was totally walkable for us (half a mile to the entry of the resort). There were also lots of restaurants around as well, within walking distance. So, location was excellent. In addition, on our last day, the hotel allowed us to keep our bags there while we walked around prior to our taxi coming to take us to the airport.

I had a couple issues with the room itself... First, we woke up one morning at 8am to teenagers being really loud in the pool. We were on the first floor, "poolside", but in the corner. The room is not soundproof from the outside (although we could not hear internal noises). Second, the pillows were really lumpy! Third, the bathtub didn't drain well, so when showering, you are standing in water (yuck). There was one time I tried calling the front desk from our room and no one ever answered. There was a fridge in the room to keep our zillion bottles of water. It was an old fridge, but did its job. We were able to maintain a good temperature in the room, which was important with the weather changing from 100s to 60s.

They did have a breakfast buffet for $10, but we opted for the menu. It was ok food, nothing to write home about. You get better/more food at the Denny's across from Disney for cheaper.

Overall, I would stay here again. I would try, however, to get a room not facing the pool.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms by the pool.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I stayed here with a couple other people for Bats Day. Yes, the room could have used some updating, but it had everything we needed. However, I have a couple issues. First, they charge $9.95 for breakfast, but there are no free refills on juice. Only on coffee and soda. Even hotels that provide a FREE breakfast let you have as much juice as you want. Second, the service at the bar in the hallway was unacceptable. I ordered some food off their menu, and after waiting nearly 45 minutes, and having to ask several times where my food was, someone brought a plate of cold food to me. I told them to remake it, and less than 10 minutes later, a fresh hot plate of food was brought to me. What happened the first time? There were two bartenders and no discernable waitstaff. You place your order with one of the bartenders, but then they are too busy mixing drinks to bring the food, so it just sits in a kitchen somewhere and gets cold? How is this acceptable in a hotel? This hotel really needs to do some serious updating. The front desk and bellhop employees were very nice and helpful, but even if the event is held here next year, I will not be staying here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Rebecca D
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

If zero stars were possible that us what this "hotel would receive. The pictures of the rooms on the website look nothing like the actual rooms. Hotel claims to be only a block away from Disneyland which is false. It is across the street from the parking lot, where you catch the bus and have a 10 minute bus ride to the park, so I don't want to imagine on far that walk is! The last day we were there the power was out in the "area" from 9-5 and there were no notifications to guests who would be staying there at that time. The power was on everywhere else around the hotel.

Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Following a bereavement,i was booked to stay here for 3 nights.I was treated well by the staff and given a nice room.Clean and comfortable and very pleasant.Shame about that i wont be going into disney thought :(

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

My family stayed here for our first time in Disneyland. We were excited to see what it was like and what we were going to experience. This hotel was very classy and new on the outside. It was so nice that we actually posed by the fountain. The lobby was just beautiful, we learned that it had just been remodeled and that the rooms had also been worked on. The front desk staff was unpleasant, and we looked past that, since we only asked about something once. Check in was smooth, things went well. The halls are very nice and we could tell the place had been worked on. The moment came to open our room... IT WAS OLD AND GROSS!! It even smelled of smoke. We asked for a new room without any problems except for the front being a little snappy. Our new room had no odor, but the shower had looked like it had gone through hell. It was moldy and calking was peeling off. Not much more to say.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family